Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bruce........

45HG

Bruce in the last quarter had an opportunity to kick an important goal - a team lifting goal but he sprayed it!! he then was running forward and bouncing the ball and then was forced into passing the ball to davey to take an overhead mark against four defenders!!! davey provided a contest but was unfortunatley not able to crumb his own ball!!

I was livid with Cam today - he did not want to go near the Chad, was more happy getting his own stats.. I know who was more effective!!

He did not stop running or tryingHis kicking has gone so far downhill - he cannot kick a drop punt for quids... he is no longer hurting the opposition by getting his 20 kicks!! Please can someone help him with his kicking - it is flawed!!

I do not want him dropped, however for a player in the top level at the demons, his disposal is so poor....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godfrey has a better understanding of the inherent physics.

Oh you did not just go there.... I am not a godfrey basher but damn... bruce's bad kicking puts godfrey's best to shame. That said what a classic effort to shut down the burger!

So Bruce is the witch that the people want to burn this week.

TJ has just avoided the flames and it looks like all the yze bashers are restless...

Overall Bruce has been one of our better players all year and although he plays out a game with a calf strain people start to question his committment to the club.

If he is to be out of the team it should be to let him get over his injury (i think they may be waithing for the return of green).

Im more curious about TJ. He cant handle a tag so y doesent ND put in forward when hes being tagged??

TJ spent quite a lot of time forward yesterday against port and had one on the lead before neitz came over from the side and spoiled it.

all day yesterday TJ's player held and tugged the jumper, around packs, while he was going for he lead. he was not protected by the umpires like he should be.

Cam seems to think that a good boot is somewhere around the middle of the pill. This is with the ball dropped back and flat.

No, to get control of a ball, in any sport, one controls spin. Bruce needs to hit the ball lower and softer. It's dead simple.

He could do a lot worse than watch Fevola's control of ball to foot. The footy does not move. To hit a target you think "ball" rather than "target". Watch and you'll see his eyes are up at impact.

Are you kidding?

Yeah that' a great idea, let's drop our best player for the year, by far.

Watch the replay, he had no other option but to kick it to davey. More to the question is where were all our other fowards that should have been providing him better options

fail to see how he is our 'best player.' being handed 28 touches, most of them useless, does not qualify a player as being the best in my mind. especially when facing a marking contest on the goal line against two taller opponents and attempting a chest mark. least col sylvia had the smarts to punch in a marking contest, setting up a goal. too often bruce is questionable going at the ball. if he played more like godders i'd be much happier

this is where you realise some not involved in the game just couldn't coach a side.

right now Bruce is arguably our best player after 6 rounds and yes has been dissapointing by foot in the last 2 games.

Lets take the kick to Davey as an example - most times earlier in the game he would have propped and delivered a pass sideways or backwards as we had no-one to kick to. The number one bug bear of demon fans this season - stagnant football. Is it his fault or the forwards fault?. We needed to track Cornes so if he wanders, do you let him go ? we chose not to - our forwards chose to be up the ground at times and not in traditional positions.

Bruce is one of the few with the discipline to perform many jobs for the coach while other big names seem to have one string to their bow.

I wouldn't be dropping a bloke who knows how to GET the ball, a rare commodity so far this season.

He will never be the tough in and under type but neither is he a receiver. His best footy is still ahead of him so have some patience. there a worse going around at the minute.

Demonland should be known as the I love Johnstone and hate Bruce forum. Johnstone turns the ball over as often if not more can never break a tag. There many people willing to point out Bruce's mistakes but what about Johnstone's turn over in the middle of the ground that should have cost us a goal and he does this every week.

Guest dee'viator
Oh you did not just go there.... I am not a godfrey basher but damn... bruce's bad kicking puts godfrey's best to shame. That said what a classic effort to shut down the burger!

So Bruce is the witch that the people want to burn this week.

TJ has just avoided the flames and it looks like all the yze bashers are restless...

Overall Bruce has been one of our better players all year and although he plays out a game with a calf strain people start to question his committment to the club.

If he is to be out of the team it should be to let him get over his injury (i think they may be waithing for the return of green).

It's got absolutely nothing to do with this week or that week, but is about putting the responsibility & preesure back onto the individuals who are just not playing for the team & making the personal sacrifices required when it's their turn, thats all.

Guest dee'viator
Are you kidding?

Yeah that' a great idea, let's drop our best player for the year, by far.

Watch the replay, he had no other option but to kick it to davey. More to the question is where were all our other fowards that should have been providing him better options

Go back & have another look yourself @ the replay @ you'll see that Neitz had allready lead & was out @ the 50m arc. Bruce ran too far forward carrying the ball for too long & should have honoured the lead by the skipper.

Go back & have another look yourself @ the replay @ you'll see that Neitz had allready lead & was out @ the 50m arc. Bruce ran too far forward carrying the ball for too long & should have honoured the lead by the skipper.

Oh so we lost the game because of that did we? Wake up every player has a bad week, if they all had a great week every week we would not be in this bloody mess. Lets pick on every mistake by each player

fail to see how he is our 'best player.' being handed 28 touches, most of them useless, does not qualify a player as being the best in my mind. especially when facing a marking contest on the goal line against two taller opponents and attempting a chest mark. least col sylvia had the smarts to punch in a marking contest, setting up a goal. too often bruce is questionable going at the ball. if he played more like godders i'd be much happier

I do not go into bashing Melbourne players but u cannot seriously say Godfrey is better than Bruce. Godfrey is hard at the ball but his skills are nowhere near as sleek as Bruce's

I do not go into bashing Melbourne players but u cannot seriously say Godfrey is better than Bruce.

Godfrey is definitely a better kick than Bruce

Bruces kicking is embarrassing

he drops the ball on his foot like a retard

So explain to me why Godfrey gets dropped more regularly than Bruce? Godfrey is a better kicker? I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Drawing the positives at least its not another Yze bashing week

YM you are as wrong as your predictions...

Bruce has been easily our best player for the year and Godfrey is a good tagger at best.

Bruce played out a match with a calf strain and perhaps judging his kicking under those circumstances is not ideal.

Everytime I see Godfrey get a possession my heart is in my mouth, he tries his guts out but his disposals are errant. His greatest quallity is the fact that he doesn't think just bombs into the forward line giving our forwards a 50/50 at best.

Bruce always looks for the advantage and if possible delivers the ball in front of the leading player.

Do not judge his kicking on the Port game.

And maybe all you fools who want him sent to the seconds also want Neitz there for the free kick he gave away....

YM you are as wrong as your predictions...

Bruce has been easily our best player for the year and Godfrey is a good tagger at best.

Bruce played out a match with a calf strain and perhaps judging his kicking under those circumstances is not ideal.

Everytime I see Godfrey get a possession my heart is in my mouth, he tries his guts out but his disposals are errant. His greatest quallity is the fact that he doesn't think just bombs into the forward line giving our forwards a 50/50 at best.

Bruce always looks for the advantage and if possible delivers the ball in front of the leading player.

Do not judge his kicking on the Port game.

And maybe all you fools who want him sent to the seconds also want Neitz there for the free kick he gave away....

Finally someone with some sense! I am exactly like you, every time Godfrey gets the ball and wants to kick it I want to yell 'Give it someone else'. However I dont want to go into Godfrey bashing cos he is a good player but those saying he is better than Bruce are delusional.

Great comment though gods

Umm sorry guys but I am not judging Bruce on his kicking vs Port

or even his pathetic kicing in 2007

he has been a woeful kick for a good 3 years now

Bruce is the worst kick on our list. Worse than Godders. Worse than Doggy Brown. That is a fact you have to deal with.

Bruce is the worst kick on our list. Worse than Godders. Worse than Doggy Brown. That is a fact you have to deal with.

and why would be listen to u.... every week ur predicitons and things that u say will happen never happen mate.

the only fact is ur a half whit who knows nothin at all....

and i think us( the ones defending bruce can deal with it) its people like you who cant....

worst kick on our list.... u speak soo much rubbish yze magic no wonder ur post count is so high.... maybe u should think about somthin before u post it....

p.s Jamar is the worst kick.

Bruce never has a tagger because the opposition know he will turn the ball over a percentage of the time. Trav hurts teams with his disposal thats why he gets the best tagger every week, our opponents are happy for Bruce to have the ball in his hands because he doesn't hurt you, gets a lot of it but also wastes a lot of it. You can't be considered a star if you can't perform the most essential skill of our game correctly. Don't get me wrong I think he is a good player just not a star.

and why would be listen to u.... every week ur predicitons and things that u say will happen never happen mate.

the only fact is ur a half whit who knows nothin at all....

and i think us( the ones defending bruce can deal with it) its people like you who cant....

worst kick on our list.... u speak soo much rubbish yze magic no wonder ur post count is so high.... maybe u should think about somthin before u post it....

p.s Jamar is the worst kick.

Ok I wouldn't have gone that far.

Firstly I am not claiming bruce to be a star. However he has easily been our best player all year.

What really gives me the shits though is the band of negative posters here who look for an individual to crucify after each loss.

Bruce is an outside running player, i do not expect him to be at the bottom of every pack, yet he does not shirk his turn as ppl claim he does. He is a utility that ND uses all over the ground. (I happen to think one of the best games he played last year was down back on Brad Johnson against the Doggies) He plays his roles well and with support and options from other players looks better than when he is kicking into a crowded forward line.

To even compare Godfrey to Bruce is like to compare 2 things that are nothing alike!!!!

Godfrey works his guts out, I wish every player in the team worked as hard as he does and had the same attitude, sadly Godfrey lacks the finish, the polish.... the stuff that looks the goods and wins matches.

Bruce will make you eat your words, just as Yze has ppl...

I would trade Bruce at the end of the year while he still has value

Hopefully CAC can come up with something

Bruce, Miller and a first round pick to West Coast for Chris Judd and a 2nd rounder

Sounds good to me

Bruce, Miller and a first round pick to West Coast for Chris Judd and a 2nd rounder

Sounds good to me

WC would say no to that in a second

I love Holland but he is the worst kick! Bruce the worst kick is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! He is clearly one of our best players and recognised for that by other teams and commentators. U need to get ur facts straight mate

Sounds good to me

That would have to be the craziest thing I have heard in my life! Trade Bruce and Miller for Judd? Why not chuck in Neitz and Davey as well? How about Rivers and TJ to make it even better? Hell lets just trade all our best players for one player

That would have to be the craziest thing I have heard in my life! Trade Bruce and Miller for Judd? Why not chuck in Neitz and Davey as well? How about Rivers and TJ to make it even better? Hell lets just trade all our best players for one player

We would be stupid to say no to Yze_Magic's proposed deal, but as someone has already said, West Coast would be stupid to say yes.

If all we have to give up is an ordinary forward, and a utility with suspect kicking to get Judd, he wouldn't be the best player in the competition!