• Latest Podcast: Josh Mahoney Interview

Anyone not happy about us drafting the 181cm Darcy Parish on the grounds that he's too small, should take note of Lovell's height and weight.

Maybe... and I say this having no dog in the fight as I haven't seen any of this years crop other than youtube highlights, and am not interested in second guessing the professionals... but spending #3 and spending #46 are differnet things. You expect a top ten pick will be a ten year player. You hope a later round pick will one day be a best 22 player.

A lot of people were keen on this bloke 3 years ago. Just been delisted by hawthorn. Any chance that we would look at him? We’ve got some list spots to fill

Edited by Leoncelli_36

2 hours ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

A lot of people were keen on this bloke 3 years ago. Just been delisted by hawthorn. Any chance that we would look at him? We’ve got some list spots to fill

I know next to nothing about Lovell, but will be interesting to see if we can turn around the career of a few truely recycled players over the next few years.  We seem to have been good at picking which established players to trade for (Melksham, Hibbard, Lever, Lewis to an extent and hopefully May, KK) and also the state league  (AVB, Hannan, Freitch), but with the exception of Garlet, I can't think of any worth while and we have really struggled to recruit and turn around any real discards (McKenna, Balic, Mitchie, Aiden Riley).

Hopefully perhaps Preuss might hopefully be considered a good selection of a recycled player for us in much the way Martin did for the Lyons or Dunn for the Pies, but it would be good if we could get a few more bargins that turn into solid players, even if they are just affordable depth.

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter

Interesting player. Pick 22 promising first season and makes his debut. Injured all second season. Then 3rd season just never gets going in the VFL for a 3rd year midfielder.

Usually when that's the case it tells me one way or another he's not really that committed to an AFL career.

Even if he's just a stumpy early developer who's career plateaus he should be tearing up the VFL getting 30 touches every week pushing for games.

• Like 1

We did have some interest in his draft year, but he ended up going a bit higher than expected on draft day.

Wonder if we kept tabs on him.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-11-24/pick-22-kieran-lovell