Get Jonathan Brown!!!

Supreme_Demon

Guest Schtacker
1. Brown won't leave.

2. He wouldn't choose the Dees even if he did want to leave.

3. I'd rather keep pick 1. I reckon Brown's body is the equivalent to a 30 year old's with the injuries he's had and the crash and bash nature of the game he's played. Brereton was finished as a decent footballer at 26. Lyon's back was stuffed at 28.

No thanks.

correct

Look, If J.Brown was 22 or 23, the heirarchy might condsider it. The fact he's nearly 27, he would be a huge risk. I think we have seen the best of him. It would be at a huge cost. Better to keep Picks 1 and 17,18. Keep developing. Bailey wants the list from 18-24 yold.

List management: OUT: Neitz (retired), Holland, Weetra. UP FOR TRADE (target another early draft pick): Bruce, Jamar, Petterd, Yze or White and pick 18.

Sure, maybe trade a Bruce (29) in order to receive perhaps a first round draft pick at best 14 or 15. You won't get better than that. The Bulldogs, Swans or even Saints might top up.

AIM: to have pick 1, anywhere from pick 8-13 and picks 17, 33 heading into the draft.

My knowledge of the draft is not extensive, but would we get anything for Petterd or Yze? Yze, surely not, with all due respect, what club would want him on their list now? And don't trade Bruce.

My knowledge of the draft is not extensive, but would we get anything for Petterd or Yze? Yze, surely not, with all due respect, what club would want him on their list now? And don't trade Bruce.

It depends what meets other clubs needs. Look at the Bulldogs, Swans, Kangaroos, Hawks, ask yourself where their window of opportunity is, they might have a need for a Yze.

You also have to ask yourself will Bruce be part of the side in four years time, when the Dees are throwing their weight around in the top 8. Better to get something now than have Bruce as a list clogger in 2 years time (much like Yze is now).

G'day Fellow Demons Supporters!

I seriously think we should try and move heaven and earth to snare Jonathan Brown from the Brisbane Lions.

Stuff the filthy Magpies trying to get him! :angry:

Imagine what a coup for the MFC it would be if we had Jonothan Brown playing for us next year?! ;)

Better the Chri$ Judd(ollars) who decided to "rub salt into the wound" for Carlton against us yesterday! <_<

Anyways, I'm not saying that we will get him..but we should atleast TRY to get him!

Forget it.

Moving heaven and earth will surely mean giving up our first round draft pick and a promising young player.

He can go to the filth for all I care.

Jack Watts will be our Jonathon Brown.

Shame were not gonna draft him then..

There is no way the club will pass on Naitanui, he'll bring ppl through the gates straight away!!

Watts does look like a fantastic prospect though :)

I am obviously gunning for Watts, but i am glad now i don't feel the pressure for the to finish last to get the No.1 pick.

As long as we are the lowest finishing Victorian team, that should be enough to secure ourselves J.Watts.

Great point, I like ur thinking..!!

But, we'll finish last, not much doubt in that, WC have a game in hand, and will snatch another @ home soon!

But Id be happy with Watts, great hands!!

I am obviously gunning for Watts, but i am glad now i don't feel the pressure for the to finish last to get the No.1 pick.

As long as we are the lowest finishing Victorian team, that should be enough to secure ourselves J.Watts.

No doubt there are some good youngsters doing the rounds this season, and there is still much water to go under the bridge yet before the clear No. 1 man emerges. Having said that, I want the club to be in a position to have access to all the kids.

Thanks for the merge,.

In the modern game, and im talking the last 5 years, players have been comming in at an earlier age. This is why i beleive that we have seen the end of players playing past the age of 32. When was Brownies first season? How mant competetive years has he got left, what condition is his body in? These are questions we have to ask before we consider going for a big name star that has established his career.

• 1 month later...
1. Brown won't leave.

2. He wouldn't choose the Dees even if he did want to leave.

3. I'd rather keep pick 1. I reckon Brown's body is the equivalent to a 30 year old's with the injuries he's had and the crash and bash nature of the game he's played. Brereton was finished as a decent footballer at 26. Lyon's back was stuffed at 28.

No thanks.

In one fell swoop MacNmee showed why a CEO needs some footy cred.

In one fell swoop MacNmee showed why a CEO needs some footy cred.

What we need is a player who can reach Brown's stature in the game and play 300 games plus. If you choose wisely and have a bit of luck with your early draft pick you could get that. Brown at the MFC would be pushing 30 before we're ready to be a power.

Look, If J.Brown was 22 or 23, the heirarchy might condsider it. The fact he's nearly 27, he would be a huge risk. I think we have seen the best of him. It would be at a huge cost. Better to keep Picks 1 and 17,18. Keep developing. Bailey wants the list from 18-24 yold.

List management: OUT: Neitz (retired), Holland, Weetra. UP FOR TRADE (target another early draft pick): Bruce, Jamar, Petterd, Yze or White and pick 18.

Sure, maybe trade a Bruce (29) in order to receive perhaps a first round draft pick at best 14 or 15. You won't get better than that. The Bulldogs, Swans or even Saints might top up.

AIM: to have pick 1, anywhere from pick 8-13 and picks 17, 33 heading into the draft.

This sort of talk about trades this year is absurd. The draft is strong, and its the last year before the new GC and WS sides corrupt the draft. Every side will be looking to get quality youth. Trades that are made will not be value for sellers.

In short it will be a buyers market. I doubt any club will trade away a 1st or 2nd round pick.

G'day Fellow Demons Supporters!

I seriously think we should try and move heaven and earth to snare Jonathan Brown from the Brisbane Lions.

No thanks.

While he has been my favourite player of the league in recent years, he is not want will take us to the promised land.

2 things re Brown.

1) To the people that are sure Jonathan Brown won't leave Bris. , he said in an interview on TV that he wanted to come back to Melb if the right deal comes up but he felt that he would probably end up staying in Bris.

2) Am I missing something? If Melb ended up bottom of the ladder with 1st pick of the "kids" draft, how exactly would we lose this if we picked up JB? Wouldn't he just enter the draft ( the used player one ) with a nominated price and then MFC pick him up with the 1st pick of that draft. That being so, we could pick him up before that draft by trading anything we like and Bris just has to take it.

One other related theoretical matter, I know some people think that picking up a champ and not trading lots of players/picks for him is some how cheating the team losing him, but, for example, if Bris was paying 650K pa and we offered 900k, Bris has the option of raising their bid if they think the player is worth it. If they lose him then they save what they think he was worth so they can theoretically pick up someone (1 or more) of equal worth. Why should they save what they thought the player was worth and also get some picks?

Am I understanding things correctly?