Will Moloney get dropped?

mclean sweep

I'd have to say he did some stupid things today. Apart from the 50m he gave away (which was soft) at a critical moment, there were numerous times where he just bombed the ball long into nowhere and missed targets by kicking above their head. He needs to use his first option, and not handball to teammates under pressure.

What are your thoughts?

Delist/ Trade at year's end.

He doesn't fit the game plan, he is very one-dimensional, he has injury problems and he lacks football smarts. His lack of discipline today completely robbed us of any momentum. While the first 50 he gave away was weak, he should have known better and just got on with it instead of giving Carlton an easy shot at goal.

His long kicking was one of the few highlights today.

Yeah I love it when he bombs in into our forward line, and the opposition defenders clear the ball out with ease. :unsure:

FFS, long kicking is useless if you can't hit a target. To just bomb it without looking is dumb football. When Moloney actually kicked around the body and delivered the ball 30m to Robbo's chest, then he was useful. Not when he kicked it 100m in the air to nobody.

I loved it even more when Melbourne players would chip the ball around and handpass unnecessarily before opposition defenders cleared the ball with ease.

Net Foreign Investment.

:rolleyes:

Oh god, where did I say that turning the ball over with silly handballs was better?

But you realise that both options are as bad as each other. Just because Moloney bombs it long, does not mean it's ok for him to turn it over 98% of the time.

Even though you love long kicking to leading forwards (who doesn't?), what Moloney does is neither effective nor helpful.

He should get dropped. He is a very one dimensional player, who is slow and lacks awareness.

His undisciplined act, soft or not, halted our moentum. Just pathetic...

what Moloney does is neither effective nor helpful.

NFI.

Watch Geelong play.

Watch how they kick the ball long, even if it is to a contest they still do it becuase in their forward fifty the opposition is under the most pressure. Moreover, if their leading forward (i.e. Hawkins) doesn't mark they have the like of Stoke and Johnson at his feet.

They play the percentages. They back their forwards (who play forward) and the move the ball in there quickly, often through long kicking that isn't always precise but doesn't need to be.

Delist/ Trade at year's end.

He doesn't fit the game plan, he is very one-dimensional, he has injury problems and he lacks football smarts. His lack of discipline today completely robbed us of any momentum. While the first 50 he gave away was weak, he should have known better and just got on with it instead of giving Carlton an easy shot at goal.

should have never been a free kick in the first place, which means it would have only been a free and no 50. .... i think he is being singled out for his inside 50s becoz of his rush of blood and free kick, when i can remember several times brock mclean blazing away too

His long kicking was one of the few highlights today.

NFI.

Watch Geelong play.

Watch how they kick the ball long, even if it is to a contest they still do it becuase in their forward fifty the opposition is under the most pressure. Moreover, if their leading forward (i.e. Hawkins) doesn't mark they have the like of Stoke and Johnson at his feet.

They play the percentages. They back their forwards (who play forward) and the move the ball in there quickly, often through long kicking that isn't always precise but doesn't need to be.

Not when you bomb it to a 1 on 5 contest. Least when geelong does it they have kick to 50/50 and there are crumbers around front and centre. Today not one melbourne player was within 15 meters.

I'd have to say he did some stupid things today. Apart from the 50m he gave away (which was soft) at a critical moment, there were numerous times where he just bombed the ball long into nowhere and missed targets by kicking above their head. He needs to use his first option, and not handball to teammates under pressure.

What are your thoughts?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. Pathetic, would not chase after that. Let Murphy walk around him straight after which was worse than the free and 50m!

What are your thoughts?

Not a case of look like Tarzan play like Jane; more a case of look like Tarzan play like Cheetah. Has been a major disappointment over the last few years.

its interesting though...geelong let the kid go, and they could see that even though here was a well built kid with a love for the game, brimming with potential, he was not going to be a bartel/ablett/ling/steve johnson...

moloney would not have been in their top 22 last year, but melbourne being melbourne, exept the mediocre (thats not entirely aimed at moloney) ala godfrey, ward, bizzel, girgic, wheatley...probably great blokes, but these sort of players do not play in premiership sides and that is your aim in AFL football, to win a premiership

i have to say, i think it time to trade moloney at seasons end for a hopeful second/third rounder in the draft

FFS.

Check numerous posts a few YEARS back.

Geelong delist Moloney. Demons recruit him.

Work it out. Who's doing better and why?

ok look i get what your trying to say here, but to say that moloney is the reason that geelong are now good and we are now bad is laughable.

i have never seen a guy not chase and just walk around the ground like he did

didnt lay a tackle nd is soft

him and silvia should go back 2 sandy nd learn how to play

Moloney and Silvia both recorded 3 tackles. Moloney had 3 contested possessions, Silvia 2.

ok silvia did but walks around the ground 2 much

i am sick of moloney i never wanted him back in the team

y the hell cant we get valanti on the list get ride of moloney please.

if valanti gets a game i will give the club $1000 so they can put it towards the membership count

Yes.

I'm a believer that undisciplined acts lose games. Although the standard of umpiring today was questionable, Moloney's "soft" 50 was the turning point which led to six unanswered Carlton goals.

Further, he really needs to use the ball more intelligently. But I think he has ability. What did we give up for him?? I think it was Pick 12 which Richmond used to get Danny Meyer. I guess we still won out of that deal, but he would want to improve considering the high pick we gave up for him.

I like Beamer, adds a bit of physicality to the side. But today was not good. He's the classic example of a player being required to play a style so at odds with his natural instinctive game that he's like a fish out of water.

The coach knows it, which was why he was dropped after the Hawthorn game. Which won't have helped Beamer's confidence and enthusiasm. Sadly his days with the Dees are numbered. Until then I'll appreciate watching Beamer be Beamer.

Moloney led the team today in Clangers and Frees against with 6 and 4 respectively. He also had 0 contested marks, 0 goal assists (so his long bombs into the fwd fifty were so effective), 0 centre clearances and 0 1%ers.

Not to mention his sheer stupidity robbed us of our momentum.

He has to go.