• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Problems At Melbourne FC- not just the playing team!

MrMoose

I have never started a topic before and have only ever commented a few times but I can longer hold back and need to have a 'whinge'.

I was born in 1964 and obviously have never seen a Melbourne Premiership - and the way the club is going I don't think it will happen soon. Please don't get me wrong I am a member (as is my family) and attend as many games as possible. I support the club, the players and do my bit as best I can.

We all know that the entire football club has to be as 'one' and working at the highest level for a club to be successful. This football club will never be successful until it fixes numerous problems and starting at the MFC HQ would be a good start. It is this reason I've started this topic to find out if I'm just unlucky or if others have had similar problems.

1. Back in October we received our membership packs and 2 weeks later we paid for a family membership believing that earlier we paid the better for the club. Went to the round 1 game and up to the membership tent to pick up our 2008 members items (IE the tie, pashimina or beanie). The attendant said 'where are your coupons?' As last years membership cards were 'clipped' and the items given, I didn't know there were coupons. Turns out that the club has not sent my almanac or coupons out. Now I paid 5 months ago and we only have 20.000 members - how can this happen? Surely the marketing staff are not under that much pressure. A call to the club and finally I receive the correct items this week.

Whilst I'm here - who really wanted a tie, pashmina or beanie? I sat there on Saturday and saw the Bulldog members with very smart baseball caps on - why don't we have these? Especially as our sponsors could have their names put on the side.

2. In November my wife purchased a 150th anniversary pack and I am still yet to receive this. Another call to the club last week and I am told that 'there was a problem with the printers' - yeah sure. We are currently up to surnames beginning with "M", you should recieve it this week. I am still waiting.

3. I take the family to the family day a few weeks ago and spend $300 in the MFC store. The young female attendant cracked the sads cause we asked her if she had scissors to cut the tags off our purchases so the kids could wear their new jumpers. Her comment was 'Well I am now going to hide these scissors - I won't be doing this all day!" What a pathetic attitude.

4. Whilst on the Family Day - can anyone explain to me why the park surrounding the MCG was not allowed to be used as a car park for the day? The function went for 4 hours but the longest parking nearby was 1 or 2 hours. Speaking to the 'Grey Ghost' there - he says that it is a designated park unless it's a game day or an application has been made. There is no doubt that people stayed away because of this factor. I am more than happy to pay the $6 for a parking spot - more revenue for the club? I know public transport is there but this is often not convenient for all.

5. I have had other problems such as incorrect e-mail addresses and not reciving information, wrong spelling of names on memberships, etc etc

I know these are little whinges, but crikey if we can't get the little things right how are we;

a. going to lure more memberships,

b. ever going to be successful.

I've spoken to members from other clubs and they don't seem to have any of these problems. Has anyone else had problems? I often hear coaches say that the admin istration dept. do their thing and the coahes/players/football dept. do theirs and the 2 don't influence each other - bull. Of course they do.

Sorry for the gripe. My support for the MFC is still strong with the desire for that elusive premiership and the bragging rights it provides.

If we only have 1 win for the year - please be on the Queens birthday!

Go Dee's,

Moose

I have never started a topic before and have only ever commented a few times but I can longer hold back and need to have a 'whinge'.

I was born in 1964 and obviously have never seen a Melbourne Premiership - and the way the club is going I don't think it will happen soon. Please don't get me wrong I am a member (as is my family) and attend as many games as possible. I support the club, the players and do my bit as best I can.

We all know that the entire football club has to be as 'one' and working at the highest level for a club to be successful. This football club will never be successful until it fixes numerous problems and starting at the MFC HQ would be a good start. It is this reason I've started this topic to find out if I'm just unlucky or if others have had similar problems.

1. Back in October we received our membership packs and 2 weeks later we paid for a family membership believing that earlier we paid the better for the club. Went to the round 1 game and up to the membership tent to pick up our 2008 members items (IE the tie, pashimina or beanie). The attendant said 'where are your coupons?' As last years membership cards were 'clipped' and the items given, I didn't know there were coupons. Turns out that the club has not sent my almanac or coupons out. Now I paid 5 months ago and we only have 20.000 members - how can this happen? Surely the marketing staff are not under that much pressure. A call to the club and finally I receive the correct items this week.

Whilst I'm here - who really wanted a tie, pashmina or beanie? I sat there on Saturday and saw the Bulldog members with very smart baseball caps on - why don't we have these? Especially as our sponsors could have their names put on the side.

2. In November my wife purchased a 150th anniversary pack and I am still yet to receive this. Another call to the club last week and I am told that 'there was a problem with the printers' - yeah sure. We are currently up to surnames beginning with "M", you should recieve it this week. I am still waiting.

3. I take the family to the family day a few weeks ago and spend $300 in the MFC store. The young female attendant cracked the sads cause we asked her if she had scissors to cut the tags off our purchases so the kids could wear their new jumpers. Her comment was 'Well I am now going to hide these scissors - I won't be doing this all day!" What a pathetic attitude.

4. Whilst on the Family Day - can anyone explain to me why the park surrounding the MCG was not allowed to be used as a car park for the day? The function went for 4 hours but the longest parking nearby was 1 or 2 hours. Speaking to the 'Grey Ghost' there - he says that it is a designated park unless it's a game day or an application has been made. There is no doubt that people stayed away because of this factor. I am more than happy to pay the $6 for a parking spot - more revenue for the club? I know public transport is there but this is often not convenient for all.

5. I have had other problems such as incorrect e-mail addresses and not reciving information, wrong spelling of names on memberships, etc etc

I know these are little whinges, but crikey if we can't get the little things right how are we;

I've spoken to members from other clubs and they don't seem to have any of these problems. Has anyone else had problems? I often hear coaches say that the admin istration dept. do their thing and the coahes/players/football dept. do theirs and the 2 don't influence each other - bull. Of course they do.

Sorry for the gripe. My support for the MFC is still strong with the desire for that elusive premiership and the bragging rights it provides.

Go Dee's,

Moose

in all the family day promotions, they pleaded with people to use public transport as there was very limited parking available...

in all the family day promotions, they pleaded with people to use public transport as there was very limited parking available...

because.... why ?? too inept to arrange some ?? Its a valid beef I think.. Often called attantion to detail.

Seems counter productive...oh please pleae come.. but hey we cant be bothered helping you ??

Gee, I thought I was the only one!

I payed my membership in November, having received my cards, with a letter saying they would be permanent, and all I had to do was pay each year.

OK, so its a Family Membership, why only two cards, what about my son?

MFC: Ah, well sir, that a small oversight, send us the money and we will send out the family package including the junior membership pack.

Beauty. And can I order the 150th Anniversary pack, as I can have the memberships and pack as part of our Christmas gifts.

MFC: Certainly sir, what are your credit card details (Sound of cash register "Cherching!")

December No pack, charges added to credit card though!

January No pack (So much for Xmas)

Call MFC When will I get my package I ordered in November?

MFC: They will be out soon sir

February No pack

Call MFC When will I get my package etc etc

MFC: We just got the proofs back from the printers, they are great, will be out this week.

OK why the hold up?

MFC: All printing is done at AFL contracted printers, we have no control over them, they will be sent this week.

March week before Round 1 Junior Membership pack arrives, so much for Xmas present for son.

March Parcel at post office for you! Ripper take time off work, travel in to Post Office and pick up a...great big bag with ...wait for it...A TIE.

What I am going to go to a game in a TIE? WTF!

My partner recieves a thin piece of red cloth, best described as tissue paper. I suppose it goes with the crap pen that fell apart when we tried to unroll them!

March Call MFC When will I get my package etc etc

MFC: Anniversary packs are at the printers.

But I ordered this last year as a Christmas gift for my son!

MFC: You seriously didn't think that you could order something in November and expect delivery prior to XMAS?

Yes, I did actually.

MFC: Well, they will be out this week, maybe, then again, maybe the week after, maybe.....

Now let me be clear, I consider buying merchandise a part of supporitng the club, but this is becoming a joke.

But wait there is more!!!

The Footy Show!

Advertised the 150th Anniversary Book for $59.95 available now at all good bookshops.

Where the hell is mine, and why did it cost me $99.

This is really poor. I paid my money in good faith, have not recieved the goods. Also I would rather recieve nothing in place of the absolute rubbish that has been sent out so far (with the exception of the almanac). This is really p***ing me off.

The MFC 150 year pack is probably the best thing I have received in conjunction with my MFC pack. Looks fantastic.

You get the book, a nice pen, a very nice lapel pin as well as a replica 1858 membership card.

I understand that its taken too long to get them out, but please understand that the club has gone through a lot of changed in recent times, including a new membership manager.

Yes the club needs to improve.

Yes, in my opinion, the club is hitting rock bottom and grinding away.

The club will improve, and become more professional. I don't like the current 'shared services' system at Telstra Dome, because it seems to me like the club could easily be forgotten however everything will slowly get better.

I hate having to defend the club. I wish I could do more to help it, however all we really can do it sit and wait for the new 'team' at the club to have time to make it their own.

Each to their own. I've picked up plenty of scarves over the years - enough to give a few away - and was happy with the products on offer this year. I picked up a tie, but the three blokes in front opted for pashminas.

Fwiw, I thought the Bulldogs caps looked terrible, and wouldn't have wanted one.

Pretty poor, yeah - I'd suggest contacting the Club.

I also had an issue with the MFC store closing ~20 mins earlier than the advertised time, which was a pain after making a fairly long trip into the city.

because.... why ?? too inept to arrange some ?? Its a valid beef I think.. Often called attantion to detail.

Seems counter productive...oh please pleae come.. but hey we cant be bothered helping you ??

I realise the onus is on the Club to ensure that Club events run smoothly, but I'm not sure what they can be expected to do in that situation.

I realise the onus is on the Club to ensure that Club events run smoothly, but I'm not sure what they can be expected to do in that situation.

The MFC could have made an application to the MCC ( Melbourne City Council ) for parking at the G on that day. Its about as hard as that.. Too much huh ??

The MFC 150 year pack is probably the best thing I have received in conjunction with my MFC pack. Looks fantastic.

You get the book, a nice pen, a very nice lapel pin as well as a replica 1858 membership card.

I understand that its taken too long to get them out, but please understand that the club has gone through a lot of changed in recent times, including a new membership manager.

Yes the club needs to improve.

Yes, in my opinion, the club is hitting rock bottom and grinding away.

The club will improve, and become more professional. I don't like the current 'shared services' system at Telstra Dome, because it seems to me like the club could easily be forgotten however everything will slowly get better.

I hate having to defend the club. I wish I could do more to help it, however all we really can do it sit and wait for the new 'team' at the club to have time to make it their own.

The 150 Pack may well be good - alas I am still waiting for mine to arrive! But again I feel ripped off - $40 more than what I would pay in a shop (plus $10 postage) for a pen and lapel pin ! PLEASE !!!!! I too pay my full membership as soon as I receive the paperwork to help the club only to be treated like this. We have to be a LOT BETTER than this.

To be quite frank Id cancel my club order..ask for money back and buy one from the shops. Club or not.. You ought not be treated like that. Just part of the 'commercial' lesson the club needs to learn.. Dont be incompetent !!

The 150 Pack may well be good - alas I am still waiting for mine to arrive! But again I feel ripped off - $40 more than what I would pay in a shop (plus $10 postage) for a pen and lapel pin ! PLEASE !!!!! I too pay my full membership as soon as I receive the paperwork to help the club only to be treated like this. We have to be a LOT BETTER than this.

What a grizzle. I thought the 150 pack was poor value and those that chose to take it did so knowingly and willingly that it was providing the additional amount to the Club.

Mickrocks is right about the problems at the Club and where it is at. Surely reasonably astute supporters can see that!

I just wonder the value beyond self serving emotions why "supporters" at the Club's darkest hour trot out their litany of problems on a public website without any hope of their being constructive resolution of the matter.

Somehow I think this Club and its supporters are made for each other.

Disappointing given the circumstances.

What a grizzle. I thought the 150 pack was poor value and those that chose to take it did so knowingly and willingly that it was providing the additional amount to the Club.

Mickrocks is right about the problems at the Club and where it is at. Surely reasonably astute supporters can see that!

I just wonder the value beyond self serving emotions why "supporters" at the Club's darkest hour trot out their litany of problems on a public website without any hope of their being constructive resolution of the matter.

Somehow I think this Club and its supporters are made for each other.

Disappointing given the circumstances.

Rhino, not all supporters vent their spleen when the club handles things poorly. They just cancel their memberships and remain silent.

I'd rather have supporters like MrMoose, than those who accept mediocrity.

I must admit that a major downer was seeing Footscray supporters with their 2008 member's scarfs. I have got a pile of them and don't really need any more, but to me the scarf is part of my football experience and I do not appreciate my club from taking it away from me.

Rhino, not all supporters vent their spleen when the club handles things poorly. They just cancel their memberships and remain silent.

Agree mo, i think you'll find most supporters that love the club, give it a lot of leeway - if this was a regular business stuffing people around like this, you'd probably find people driving past late at night throwing bricks through the windows.

But i can tell you, i have heard many complaints from supporters at other clubs that have experienced similar problems with their memberships, including the almighty Collingwood - seeing that not every club can be incompetent in this department, im sure the AFL is to blame somehow....... :angry:

When supporters want to vent their spleen too often they use the websites not actually contact the Club.

I have had issues with the Club too in the past.

However I have not resorted to sticking the boots in regardless of how many memberships I have or any other pi$$ing war metric you seem to prefer.

Like I said about the Club and its supporters.....

Well heres the thing... we all grumble that the club accepted mediocrity as its guise for far too long. We expect it to pick up its act. Well I ALSO expect it to run like a decent bloody business..FFS if it cant get littel things right how hard will it be to get the big ones. Its an attitude . To make mistakes is one thing. Not to rectify or offer help with them is another.

So..is it that because Im a member..a supporter..i just close my eyes and acccept what ever crap comes my way?

F that !!.No way.

Just because you love something.. a child..a club whatever doesnt mean you ignore its foibles. Or they just go on forever....and that has pretty well described the lat 40 off years of this club. Hopefully the newer regime will have a totally different outlook. Invariably as it takes a lot longer to actualy change teh big things that they can make a start onthe smaller ones. Thats where clever organisations start...gettting the little things right...builds a foundation for everything else. It the builds into an ethic..

For those incapable of reading.. Mr Moose did talk to the club initially...and got fobbed off !!

Actually the best analogy I can make.. is I expect higher standards of behaviour and effort from my own kids than I do of others.. Maybe its just me..whilst I wil forgive those I love..I also seem to expect the most from them..Simply because I care!!

I usually host a couple of corporate boxes and a presidents luncheon table a year. Late last year I had a MFC corporate marketing guy ring me to arrange an appointment to see me (wow, proactive I think), three canceled appointments later I still haven't met with him...

I did one event with Collingwood last year. It was incredibly professional. The guy running it knew I was a MFC supporter, but still took the time to give me a 30 minute guided tour of the Lexus Centre.

Chalk & Cheese.

says it all huh Ewok !!

If you start with even the small things..and get them right..the rest follows..its not that hard to understand

I usually host a couple of corporate boxes and a presidents luncheon table a year. Late last year I had a MFC corporate marketing guy ring me to arrange an appointment to see me (wow, proactive I think), three canceled appointments later I still haven't met with him...

I did one event with Collingwood last year. It was incredibly professional. The guy running it knew I was a MFC supporter, but still took the time to give me a 30 minute guided tour of the Lexus Centre.

Chalk & Cheese.

Is this a case of one club having the resources and one not? Is the guy still at the club? If not it is possible he never passed on your details and we would be glad therefore he has gone. If he is still there then he needs a kick along so I would have told the club.

Is this a case of one club having the resources and one not? Is the guy still at the club? If not it is possible he never passed on your details and we would be glad therefore he has gone. If he is still there then he needs a kick along so I would have told the club.

He last rang me about three weeks ago to apologise for canceling previous appointments and to attempt to make another date.

Another thing, I was cleaning up around home the other day and found a bottle of "Robbie Flower Port" I bought years ago. Pretty tacky piece of memorabilia, but I remembered someone from the club ringing me and selling it to me over the phone. No-one has done that for a while... I don't mind buying crap I don't really need when I know it is helping out the club. They should do more telemarketing to take advantage of suckers like me!

Well hopefully the car park facilities around Casey are a lot better for our next family day...

Well hopefully the car park facilities around Casey are a lot better for our next family day...

touche !! :lol::rolleyes:

(doffs driving cap and winks..)

Ok now onto soem serious stuff can we offer to help out around the club for some of the areas that Mr M has had issues with? I'm moving to the UK in May but would like to hear from others on here if they have volunteered or offered to volunteer to help around the club somehow? And how it was recieved by the club?

I think we as a club need to recognise we are under resourced as our finances do not allow us to keep large volumes of staff on the books. Also from what I understand the majority of the off field resources have turned over in the last few years under Steve Harris (most of which he hired) so I can inly assume a few things have slipped into the cracks.

We do need to become more professional off the field but maybe we can offer some services to the club for once. Ask not what your MFC can do for you and all that...

Go Dee's,

Moose

yikes..I thought Ive had some problems with the club..

this is a disgrace..

if we dont look after the families and the kids you can be sure there will be another essendon,collingwood,hawthorn in the making.