Paul Gardner on Footy Classified tonite

rednblue2009

Bails also to be on Beat the press !!

interesting night..lol

Lightweight interview with nothing important said.

The board chose a CEO tonight, and the club will announce it before Round 1.

Apart from that, it was the same old shite. How 4 people could come up with such a boring interview, is beyond me.

Bailey is next!

i love Mark Williams....

and hutchy is the most sensationalist pathetic journalist i have ever seen...the fact that he won a wakely award show what a crap award that is

I think Choko went in tasting blood !!! lol.. he needs to wipe his chin now..lol..

i thought the pres was good... spoke well... but we're certainly in the media's sights at the moment... a complete rabble, on and off the field... looking forward to us proving them wrong, we may not be that great, but we're definately not as bad as they make out...

CEO recommendation given to the board, which the board has endorsed... package to be negotiated with the nominated person tomorrow, with the announcement to be made before round one...

Guest unstable punt
I think Choko went in tasting blood !!! lol.. he needs to wipe his chin now..lol..

choko made a fool of himself, came across as an angry man with sub par IQ

Pretty weak interview with PG. He handled it well but it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

Williams did make a bit of an arse of himself but it's good to see coaches take it up to the journos who print half-truths and speculation as fact. At first I couldn't stand Choco but he's grown on me, he will staunchly defend his club and he speaks his mind without fear, two traits you can do nothing but respect.

Pretty weak interview with PG. He handled it well but it was a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.

Williams did make a bit of an arse of himself but it's good to see coaches take it up to the journos who print half-truths and speculation as fact. At first I couldn't stand Choco but he's grown on me, he will staunchly defend his club and he speaks his mind without fear, two traits you can do nothing but respect.

I thought the interview showed just how poor a president gardner is. When he came, he said he had 3 goals, to make the club financially stable, to find a home and to win a premiership, he's had 4.5 years to do achieve this.

I'd say this is a very poor result as a chairman.

I thought the interview showed just how poor a president gardner is. When he came, he said he had 3 goals, to make the club financially stable, to find a home and to win a premiership, he's had 4.5 years to do achieve this.

Point 1 - We are much more financially viable than we were in the years before he became pres. Prior to his appointment we lost around $5m over 2 years, make no mistake he has made giant strides, still a long way to go though.

Point 2 - He has given us Olympic Park, sure it's not ready yet but that's hardly his fault.

Point 3 - We haven't won a premiership in 44 years and it will take time to rebuild the club after the disastrous last decade.

we have the lowest membership base in the afl, no home, no training facilities. He came in promising everything and has delivered nothing. He and Paul Williams are the only surviving members of the off field staff from last year. He is as guilty as the rest of them for our poor on/off field performance. We are the biggest worry in the AFL now that the kangas and the dogs have pulled their finger out.

I guarantee Gardner will do the bolt at the end of the 150th year. It would look very nice on his resume. Also he has been on the board since 2001. If our finances are in such great shape why is has our CEO (appointed by Gardner) being let go a couple of months out before the beginning of the season.

I am going to throw my support behind Paul Gardiner, I rate him highly. Of course I don't actually know him all that well and I can't say that he is or isn't to blame for our current misfortune. What I can say is that he represents us well in the media. He is the champion of the smaller clubs and the only president that doesn't mind getting his mug in the papers defending uor club atgainst the AFL and the larger clubs.

That is my un-informed opinion anyway. I like him and I hope stays.

I am going to throw my support behind Paul Gardiner, I rate him highly. Of course I don't actually know him all that well and I can't say that he is or isn't to blame for our current misfortune. What I can say is that he represents us well in the media. He is the champion of the smaller clubs and the only president that doesn't mind getting his mug in the papers defending uor club atgainst the AFL and the larger clubs.

That is my un-informed opinion anyway. I like him and I hope stays.

Thats very good. I can actually hear your Homer Simpson voice. You should add a "doh" occasionally.

You're a very harsh judge.

In my opinion when Gardner does resign he will leave the club in much better shape then when he became chairman. That is more than you could say for Ridley, Gutnick and Szondy. He has shifted the momentum by addressing problems that have not been addressed for 25 years. The next chairman (or chairwoman if it is Bev!) will inherit Gardner's good work and I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than you.

You're a very harsh judge.

In my opinion when Gardner does resign he will leave the club in much better shape then when he became chairman. That is more than you could say for Ridley, Gutnick and Szondy. He has shifted the momentum by addressing problems that have not been addressed for 25 years. The next chairman (or chairwoman if it is Bev!) will inherit Gardner's good work and I'm sure they'll appreciate it more than you.

The next chairman can be a man or a woman. The 'man' in chairman comes from the latin manus; it means hand. The term chairman is akin to leading hand.

Honestly we are a rabble at the moment. Bailey can be excused he just got there, but Gardner has been on the board since 2001. In which time we've gone nowhere. Do you define success as having no money, finishing 14th on the ladder, having no where to train, having no members and being reliant on the afl to remain afloat.

I recall from the last annual report that the auditors had concerns about the going concern of the melbourne football club. this hardly has been a successful tenure in charge. i cant believe everybody is so blind to the facts of his reign.

i repeat, if we are going so well why was the CEO sacked (i very much doubt he resigned).

Gardner has been on the board since 2001. In which time we've gone nowhere. Do you define success as having no money, finishing 14th on the ladder, having no where to train, having no members and being reliant on the afl to remain afloat.

Not that i am a strong supporter of Gardner, but hasn't he delivered on this promise. Bar hold ups with the stadium construction outside of his control, we would have been moving into our new training and admin facilities next month

Not that i am a strong supporter of Gardner, but hasn't he delivered on this promise. Bar hold ups with the stadium construction outside of his control, we would have been moving into our new training and admin facilities next month

Exactly. We are a lot closer to a permanent home than ever, even if it is still two years away.