• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Sylvia suspended

Grooski

I spoke to DB this morning after the breafast at Leighoak who told me he was pretty dissapointed with Sylvia.

Apparently he has broken up with his girlfriend and was trying unsuccessfully to get her back on Saturday night.

Typical love struck 22 yo stuff that has got him into strife that has lead him to miss a recovery session.

I am as [censored] off with Col as anyone, but go easy on the lad please.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does highlight that he is still very immature, which is a good sign because hopefully one day he'll grow up

Jarka, you want to explain how being out and trying to patch up a relationship - failing (it is implied) and not getting up at the right time is 'immature'? Not the best set of actions, but 'immature'?

Jarka, you want to explain how being out and trying to patch up a relationship - failing (it is implied) and not getting up at the right time is 'immature'? Not the best set of actions, but 'immature'?

It's immature because he obviously hasn't worked out that when you have a job at a certain level then you need to make a commitment to it and take responsibility for your actions.

He's being paid the equivalent of an executive role, but the main difference is that most executives have gone through the system and learnt. Where is Sylvia's life experiences to fall back on? His lived and breathed footy all his life with no other responsibilites and as H as already mentioned the kid is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't give a [censored] about him staying up late, but missing the recovery session is poor form, and if he missed it because he was upset about losing his girlfriend, well....

awww.. Poor Col...poooooooor Col...diddums !!! awwww

ffs..he supposed to be an elite professional sportman...yeah they have private lives ...but they go on backburners..thats the nature of the beast...dont like it...go !! simple

Trying to patch things up with his missus hey

WELL WHOOPDY [censored] DOO

He should have been at the training session, and that all there is too it

out of interest, f your not a fan of these clubs and their practices why were you there to see him? :P

I am a fan of these clubs and do like to party a bit. However, I am not being payed 200-300k to be out on the [censored] and other [censored] at 7am. Nor do I have 20-30k people paying for a membership to watch me play.

The only recovery Col knows is the session at Revolver on a Sunday morning.

get rid of him.

Trying to patch things up with his missus hey

WELL WHOOPDY [censored] DOO

He should have been at the training session, and that all there is too it

True...he should still have been at training.

Somewhat relieved though that the the circumstances were an extraordinary situation.

Hope things turn out OK for him on the home front, and that he gets his focus back onto his footy asap

P.S. Modern communications mediums can be a real b*&tch....fancy having your personal life's dished out over the Internet willy nilly

Here's the thing...had he turned up when he was supposed to ...no one whould be any the wiser re his personal life. He brings this upon himself !!

I actually had a chat with him twice while out and he mentioned that was reason why ND didn't like him. Supporters had called in about him being out on a number of occasions.

I didn't know that jaysoul, thanks for the clarification

I actually had a chat with him twice while out and he mentioned that was reason why ND didn't like him. Supporters had called in about him being out on a number of occasions.

hmm...

Nick did the same course as me and he always struck me as a pretty diligent guy.

So i find it hard that if ND did sit him down and talk about his social life, he'll hit the town and tell a stranger the coach hates him.

He had a lot of injuries and i think he saw his own fate cause he used every contact he could as an afl player to get some sort of a career post footy.

I live around the corner from revolver (aka "Revolting"), and the people I see coming out of there between 8am and 2pm every Sunday look like they've been on more than just a few frothies. Pretty much ferrals and if he's out with that type of crowd seeya later.

However before people get too hard on Colin, I have to say that besides this incident, there's not much he's done wrong this pre-season. From all reports he's been training and playing better than ever. Everyone would recall the suspension of last year's Norm Smith medalist early on in 2007, before he came back and made a massive contribution to the team's success. Colin is in a similar situation. He still has a chance to turn things around, and this system of team-imposed punishment is probably the best way to convince him of what he needs to do to make it in the AFL.

The main thing he needs to do now is to sit back and take a look at how his actions have affected his club and whilst he's on the sidelines in round one, hopefully he feels the pain of being unable to have any influence on the game.

This has been coming for a while. I have seen him out so many times at some of Melbourne's more undesirable clubs on god knows what.

I am sick of seeing our players out till all hours of their chops. It's always the same 2-3 players as well.

We got rid of Nick Smith for this reason, we should have sacked Sylvia too.

Enough is Enough!

It seems to me that Jaysoul is accusing a couple of players of not being on the grog, but dabelling in persian rugs.....hmmm.

And also, do we just take it as fact the story Sylvia has told the club about his girlfirend? He is not exactly going to 'fess up that he was too wrecked to a recovery session is he? Players will tell the club what they need to to soften the blow, so i remain skeptical on that story.

It seems to me that Jaysoul is accusing a couple of players of not being on the grog, but dabelling in persian rugs.....hmmm.

And also, do we just take it as fact the story Sylvia has told the club about his girlfirend? He is not exactly going to 'fess up that he was too wrecked to a recovery session is he? Players will tell the club what they need to to soften the blow, so i remain skeptical on that story.

The key issue is that he did not make the recovery session. So it was implied firstly that he was unfit to attend and confirmed by the Club when questioned later that he was out after 1am in breach of the curfew.

Hardly softening the blow. More likely he came clean on it.

Hopefully its the line in the sand that turns him around as a player.

Any coach who had a highly fancied recruit that did not show the application required and chronically underperformed would not like that player much at all.

Deanox would be interested in the actions of supporters. <_<

How has not not taken responsibility for his actions, Jarka. He has not acted like you want, but it doesn't sound as if he is making excuses, in denial etc. A relationship bust up is pretty serious to some people, other responsibilities or not.

A relationship bust up is pretty serious to some people, other responsibilities or not.

serious.. or not.. you dont bring your garbage to work !! simple as that !!

If its all too much for him he can hand back his contract and go cry in the corner.. I really couldnt care.

I await his redemption on the football field.. anything else is irrelevent.

serious.. or not.. you dont bring your garbage to work !! simple as that !!

If its all too much for him he can hand back his contract and go cry in the corner.. I really couldnt care.

I await his redemption on the football field.. anything else is irrelevent.

I think this says more about you than it does about Colin....

I am a fan of these clubs and do like to party a bit. However, I am not being payed 200-300k to be out on the [censored] and other [censored] at 7am. Nor do I have 20-30k people paying for a membership to watch me play.

get rid of him.

So do you know for a fact that Col goes to Revolver or are you speculating?

I have my ear pretty close to the ground when it comes to these types, but i haven't seen or heard anything that would suggest that Col mixes in that scene.

I have seen him out and about many times and i wouldn't put him in that catergory.

Others in our club yes, but definately not Col.

Col is your typical steak and chips, beer drinking Aussie bogan footballer, not the Ben Cousins rock star footballer revolver type, who is dealing with some personal relationship troubles, not drugs.

Being labelled a Revolver regular I think is an unfair comment from jaysoul, unless you can support it with some factual basis or evidence, then apologise and take it back.

Lets stick to facts and not assumptions. Who said he was out on the [censored]? He was out trying to win his girlfriend back, they had broken up.

If he wasn't [censored] and still ended up missing training, that's even worse.

It means he was thinking straight and made a conscious decision not to turn up.

If he really wasn't feeling in the right state of mind to turn up, he should have at least let the club know. Maybe if he told them the situation, they would have understood and let him have the morning off.

It means he was thinking straight and made a conscious decision not to turn up.

If he really wasn't feeling in the right state of mind to turn up, he should have at least let the club know. Maybe if he told them the situation, they would have understood and let him have the morning off.

It depends on how serious the relationship was. Relationship breakups can be incredibly traumatic, I find it a lot more palatable that there were at least extenuating circumstances for the breach, rather than just a random act of stupidity. Of course following the breakup he may well have gone and hit the sauce pretty badly as well. It's not surprising that he didn't tell anyone at the club, he should have, but I can understand why he wouldn't have. All that said he still has to abide by the rules and he's taken his medicine now, let's wait and see if he repays the faith.

Turn it up! Its a positive that he was not [censored] and detrimentally affecting his physical fitness

He might have been pretty distraught about the events that occurred.

Now if it was Brock McLean :wub: :wub: ...there would be a plausible explanation like he doesnt have a licence now and has to rely on public transport!

Deanox would be interested in the actions of supporters. <_<

not sure what you mean by that rhino. if you were referring to my comment to jaysoul it was merely humour at the idea that he reffered to these types of clubs as being 'undesirable' but openly admits to going there. i always figured that if you went there you would think it was a fantastic place to hang out, and that everyone else just thought they were dodgy. similar to how the mainstream crowd sees the places i drink my beers i spose. apparently those who frequent these 'undesirable' venues realise they are not the best places in the world...