judd scenario

Bleeds_Red_&_Blue

I would never wish a knee injury onto someone, i was dissapointed he went for the money but not that much!

However i would be partial to him being in and out of the side with groin problems, which seems pretty likely. Either way i'd like Carlton to fail. They are second only to Collingwood now!

So gun to my head i'd have to say ii.

what would be better of these 2

i) judd does his knee round 1 .. carlton spoon

ii) judd averages 35 disposals a game has a great year .. carlton spoon

Better still, Judd stays fit.

Cartel Football Club comes 9th 3 years in a row...missing the finals on percentage only.

A frustrated Judd leave's CFC for MFC and plays in 2011 MFC premiership side...our second premiership in a row.

I wish for (and in this order)....

1. Judd plays well and even manages to improve his previous performances thereby setting a ridiculously high standard for the rest of the competition to follow.

2. Our next 1st round draftee is so inspired by Judd's brilliance he pushes his own limits beyond what is normally humanly possible surpassing even the great man himself and then goes onto being the first captain to lead his team to a 5 peat of Grand final victories.

3. My 8 month old daughter manages to eat her dinner without sneezing and thereby not decorating my top with various combinations of carrot, sweet potatoe, apple, pear and chicken.

what would be better of these 2

i) judd does his knee round 1 .. carlton spoon

ii) judd averages 35 disposals a game has a great year .. carlton spoon

I don't want to see anyone do a knee and miss a whole season.

I would be happy if he plays 22 games a year and his dodgy groin plays up to a stage where he lose all the explosive pace and he becomes the next Kane Johnson.

Guest MFC4Life

Wouldn't wish it on anyone. He is a fabulous player who I enjoy watching regardless of what jumper he wears.

I cannot understand this hatred for Judd because he did not select us. He was in the position too and had every right to choose his destination.

Richard Pratt gave Alex Jesalenko a job at Visy Board as soon as he retired in a Senior Mangerial position which he held for around a decade.

Judd went to Carlton becasue Pratt will be able to set himself and his family up for life. It was a no-brainer that he would go to that club and he would have been mad if he didn't.

The notion that afl footballers would choose the club that they supposedly supported as a child instead of financial security is ludicrous.

And if that rumor is true that he thought our facilities are crap well then I agree with him.

i'm not surprised he went for the money. An afl career for judd is probably going to be about 12-15(maximum)years so he should be trying to earn as much as he can during this time, especially considering his body seems to be failing him during his so called ripe age.

The last two posts are fine, EXCEPT for the fact he played the MFC and its supporters for fools. He never had any intention of playing for us. We were used as either a PR stunt ("Oh, isn't he sweet! He's looking at going to the team he barracked for as a kid!"), to push up his price or to appease his family (rumours of promising a dying relative that he would join the Demons). Maybe all three.

I hope his groin problems continues and that he never returns to the lofty heights he displayed at the Eagles. Moreover, I hope Carlton continue to suffer at the bottom of the ladder. Since the AFL are too spineless to act, it is left up to fate/karma/Footy God's to sort them out. ;)

Guest MFC4Life
The last two posts are fine, EXCEPT for the fact he played the MFC and its supporters for fools. He never had any intention of playing for us. We were used as either a PR stunt ("Oh, isn't he sweet! He's looking at going to the team he barracked for as a kid!"), to push up his price or to appease his family (rumours of promising a dying relative that he would join the Demons). Maybe all three.

I hope his groin problems continues and that he never returns to the lofty heights he displayed at the Eagles. Moreover, I hope Carlton continue to suffer at the bottom of the ladder. Since the AFL are too spineless to act, it is left up to fate/karma/Footy God's to sort them out. ;)

I didn't feel fooled. If he joined us, great, if he didn't I can understand why he didn't. Who cares if he never had any intention of coming. If he did sense Carlton flinching of course he would want to jack up the price. He's the best player in the league and he knows it.

We could not offer, in order of importance, the money, the future security and the facilities. That's what pi#@es me off. Not the fact that he decided not to choose our club.

This "future security" you speak of shouldn't even be part of the deal should it? Surely promises of off field employment for the player and family etc fall outside the rules and spirit of the salary cap?

I know this sort of thing probably does happen, but is it against the rules? Can the AFL do anything about it? And if not, are we basically never going to be able to hold on to stars or lure them from other clubs if we can't compete in this area (assuming they are looking for "future security")?

Money (that which falls inside the salary cap) should have been little factor given we pay very close to the cap (at least thats the last I heard).

The facilites... - well thats what annoyed me - everyone knows our facilites are below par (currently) - don't use that as a deciding factor in the decision.

PS - Nice to see the cranes in place and construction commencing on our new home.

Guest MFC4Life
This "future security" you speak of shouldn't even be part of the deal should it? Surely promises of off field employment for the player and family etc fall outside the rules and spirit of the salary cap?

I know this sort of thing probably does happen, but is it against the rules? Can the AFL do anything about it? And if not, are we basically never going to be able to hold on to stars or lure them from other clubs if we can't compete in this area (assuming they are looking for "future security")?

Money (that which falls inside the salary cap) should have been little factor given we pay very close to the cap (at least thats the last I heard).

The facilites... - well thats what annoyed me - everyone knows our facilites are below par (currently) - don't use that as a deciding factor in the decision.

PS - Nice to see the cranes in place and construction commencing on our new home.

Judd lands a job at Visy a year after he retires that pays say 250k per annum. How would the afl legally proove that that is a breach of salary cap? no one can stop Judd obtaining employments at Visy Board as that would be restraint of trade.

I can't remember the last time Spirit has ever been relevant in the Australian Football League.

Carlton offered him a back-ended contract with higher accumulative amount than we did.

I would use crap facilities in my decision. He's spent his whole career at possibly the world's best, up-to date and professional Australian Rules Football Organisation who gives their squad every chance of winning a flag ever year. He wants to win flags and obviosuly didn't think he would happen with us.

P.S. I agree that it is quite heartening to see the development has begun.

i was thinking number 1....but i wouldnt mind seeing judd succeed more so than he has in the past, but the rest of his team doesnt so it can prove that the team is greater than 1 player (or in that case better)....i dont make any sense, but what i am trying to say is i hope judd plays well because i think he is great to watch but i hope carltons hopes of him bieng able to win them a flag will get shut down because all of their other players are incredibly soft, ie their number one pick a couple of years ago, who will remane namelss, bryce gibbs

Soft people in this thread.

I hope he injures his knee so badly it has to get amputated.

You heard me. :lol:

Thats Gold!

Carlton have Richmond Round 1.

They are going to have to be 'very careful' not to win 3 more games after that so they can have the number 1 pick again.

Did anyone see the look on Judd's face in the stands when they were 10 goals down to Hawthorn? You could hear the Benny Hill Music.

Needless to say, Judd would want to reach his previous heights - If not, Richard Pratt might go him for extortion he's paying that much for him!

This is such an easy choice for mine.

I would prefer Judd to get 35 possessions a game, and the Blues to still finish on the bottom. That way, all the supporters and all of Carlton finally realise that even with Judd, they are still [censored]. Thus eliminating any hope of finals appearances for a very long time.

If Carlton were to finish last with Judd out with a knee injury, there would be excuses created from that rabble of a club, giving hope to the supporters that with Judd they would be good. And whilst this false sense of hope would be good to watch, the fact that everyone at Carlton realising that they are doomed forever would be all the more satisfying.

one thing that not many if anyone has mentioned is yes Judd is a awesome player from what we have seen, however I reckon I'd look pretty good in a midfield that contain Kerr,Cousins,Embley etc. Carlton have nothing of that ilk and therefore so much pressure on Judd...the man that wanted to avoid the limelight. Just a thought