• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post game thread - Demonland vs Saintsational

pringle

We might have to wait for Rollo to get the exact scores - but what I can say is that the Demonland boys were in front for all but a couple of minutes in the first quarter.

There was some stunning individual efforts - Wise Monkey and his (Hawthorn supporting) friend were brilliant through the middle of the ground. Our 6ft 8 ruckman Cribbes gave our midfielders first use of the ball whenever he was in there, and Cactus was probably the best up forward slotting 4 goals up to half time (I think).

Demonland's worry was always going to be the large St Kilda midfielder who the Saintsational boys always go through, and he was very well handled by many different players during the game, including a very mouthy (and brilliantly entertaining) Wise Monkey.

Adam (imtoohot), with the blonde hair, was phenomenal through the middle of the ground. His pace made him impossible to catch and his delivery into the forward line was spot on.

After quarter time when Demonland was only 4 points up, the boys in Red and Blue dominated proceedings, not allowing St. Kilda to kick more than one goal a quarter from then on. Midfield pressure was outstanding, as was the defensive work from the forwards who locked the ball into the forward line.

To be honest, some of the skills in this game bely the "fan forum game" expected skill level. Wise Monkey's friend Billy marked superbly, delivered brilliantly, and in the first quarter used his elbows to perfection (even if the 'umpire' perhaps didn't agree completely).

I apologize for not being able to remember everyone's name - it makes it very difficult using site names and having only met you guys a couple of times.

Rollo will have details of goal scorers etc, which should help - and there was a few people taking photos which I'm sure will be put up.

A massive thank you to all those who brought eskys full of cold water - the Nylex sign reached 33 degrees at one stage so it was greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Most importantly - Big Carl is back in the hands in which it belongs. May is stay forever.

A great team effort by everybody, what a bunch of sooks the AFL players are for delaying their games yesterday due to heat. The temperature would have been around 30C today, and we handled it beautifully using nothing but bottles of water and shady trees (Also, well done to everybody who brought water).

I'll be the first to admit that it was me who started everything with that Ilsy guy, from my point of view it was all in good fun but he didn't do much afterwards so I was happy with that.

Also, great coaching by Whispering Jack & Redleg and Wise Monkey lead by example in every way as captain.

Great win today boys. You really did us, and yourselves proud. EVERYONE stood up, had a dip, followed the game plan and contributed to a well earned win.

I'll post more soon, but for now here are a couple of snaps.

Pre-match Team photo & Me (left) with B.O.G Billy (right) holding 'Big Carl'. By the way, i thought it fitting that the guy who was best on ground wore a white headband! :rolleyes:

Guest Spinner

As posted on Saintsational. Cheers boys for the competitive game.

Match Report

Conditions were hot. Enough said. The ground was supreme, an absolute beauty to play one.

The demons were professional from the very start. Maybe a little too professional with the pre-match warm up and kicking drills to start the game. They had their usual runners, with fantastic fitness. The biggest difference was the two twin towers that they rotated through the centre. One a 6"8 (I remember hearing) ruckman. And a bloke wearing a headband that could run like the wind.

The game heated up considerably with a big elbow on Brett (Sainters #1) curtesy of the headbanded demon, who was sent off for the remainder of the quarter. Great stuff by Yipper to control the situation and stamp his authority on the game. Fantastic stuff.

1st Quarter - Very competitive. Strong midfield setup consisting of HD, MightySainters and Brett. Ilzy presented strongly from the forward line, and did remarkably considering some of the delivery. Joey Spinner took charge off CHB, creating some much needed rebound.

2nd quarter - Not a lot to mention. The backline did extremely well considering the speed of the ball entering the demon forward line. Blokes like Sainter #23, Beekay Sainter #26 and many others did their best. To be honest, I was pretty unaccountable during this quarter with a few goals the result of my poor (or a better word non-existent) chasing through the midfield. What can I say, it was hot.

3rd Quarter - Much the same. Joe Spinner was competitive in the ruck. MightySainters was everywhere, as was HD who cleaned up along the backline. SaintBot started to make some big impacts with some long runs and valuable ball usage. The forward line made the most of their chances and as the scoreboard suggest, there wasn't very many of them.

4th Quarter - We finished the game off strongly yet the demons were still a cut above. A few began to visualize that nightmare of handing back the Big Carl trophy to the demon faithful but at the end of the day they throughly deserved it. Barks4Eva got into the action this quarter contesting well along the HF line. We had lost by a few margin, but remained competitive throughout the day.

Overall - Cheers to Yipper who did a fantastic job protecting the player going for the ball. Installed great confidence into myself that players attacking the pill would receive protection, which was solely the result of fair and quality umpiring. (not that I went in for many contests...lol). Cheers to all the Sainters, we played with 19 men so we didnt get rotated through the bench. Not sure what all these coaches are complaining about in regards to the limited interchanges during the NAB cup. Maybe AFL players are just soft. Laughing

Organization was superb and it was a great day for all!

Guys, you should check out their forums http://www.saintsational.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40141, they have absolutely turned on each other! It's truly a hilarious read, especially them bagging us for the pre-match warm up.

In all honesty, it's really sad to see all that because really all it is is a good fun muckaround game. Maybe they were a bit overconfident after giving Collingwood a bath, but there's no point in pointing the finger at any specific player.

... especially them bagging us for the pre-match warm up.

Just on that point. I thought our professionalism and 'team' ethic were first rate today. Saintsational have some good individual players, very good actually, but judging them on the standard we set, too rarely did their mob play as a unit, put in the one percenters and support their team mates. We executed these objectives to perfection and that was the difference between victory, and, a bloody resounding 100 point victory! Thanks must go to Whispering & Redleg for this.

Well it was extremely well captained by you and you naturally took control of everything. We had a game-plan and we executed it as well as we could have, we knew exactly what we needed to do to win & we did it.

They can bag us out all they want for being as professional as we were, but at the end of the day we won by 100 points and were still running hard & strong at the end of the game.

A brilliant effort by all today. Thanks so much to all that assisted with organising the day and making it possible. We had a real impressive outfit on field today which was nothing short of champagne football. A 104 point drubbing of the Saints - superb display.

Keeping with tradition, I have us a very stirring rendition of our beloved Grand Old Flag for you all to see. Oh how sweet it is.

A big thanks to Whispering Jack, Redleg and Rollo. You guys are bloody fantastic.

Wise Monkey as Skipper, a fine display considering your ankle was under done. Blessed Hands, you're a machine!

Thanks to my mates who came to play and filled in for the Saints, and a big thanks to those few supporters that sat in the shade and cheered our boys on!

We ALL did the jumper proud today. Well Done! More photo's to come soon.

A brilliant effort by all today. Thanks so much to all that assisted with organising the day and making it possible. We had a real impressive outfit on field today which was nothing short of champagne football. A 104 point drubbing of the Saints - superb display.

Keeping with tradition, I have us a very stirring rendition of our beloved Grand Old Flag for you all to see. Oh how sweet it is.

A big thanks to Whispering Jack, Redleg and Rollo. You guys are bloody fantastic.

Wise Monkey as Skipper, a fine display considering your ankle was under done. Blessed Hands, you're a machine!

Thanks to my mates who came to play and filled in for the Saints, and a big thanks to those few supporters that sat in the shade and cheered our boys on!

We ALL did the jumper proud today. Well Done! More photo's to come soon.

Great effort fellers. After witnessing our 71 point loss yesterday, it was a pleasure to see you win by 104 points today. After all, it's not often you have a 175 point turnaround in the space of 24 hours!

Thanks Rollo for the organisation and hopefully you all took heed of my advice about what to do in the event of any calls of nature during the game. It's Collingwood's training ground and if half of their senior team come down with bubonic plague in a couple of month's time, it'll be an absolute bonus. :lol:

sorry for the delay...

dees 21.18.144 def saints 6.4.40...

goals cactus 4, woody 4, scotty 3, blessed_hands 2, cribbes, freak, pringle, wise monkey, hards, jezzzzzzza, stinga, mclean4brownlow...

coaches' award for best dees player : blessed_hands...

the delay was caused by the bulldogs supporter sitting next to me on the wodonga train...

he served with my late father in new guinea in the second world war, and we reached benalla before I thought about turning on the laptop...

first impressions : -

great summary from mickrocks above...

it is bloody hard these days to talk about the games when the coaches make so many rotations, and every other player is wearing number 5...

having said that, redleg and whispering jack have made an enormous difference to the quality of the game we play...

having people with good footy brains watching and rotating the players, gives us at least a 4-5 goal break on the opposition IMO...

is this "professionalism" or common sense...

thanks to Dee Knees and legend and mfc for the extra water...

(we can't do without you guys)...

many thanks to dianne (a mate of mfc's) for the photos...

apologies to all players for the lack of an after-match gathering...

the saintters' usual people do a great job, but they were unavailable this time...

well done to all the players and now the scoreline in games is dees 3 saints 1...

would jezzzzza have kicked a goal if the coaches had not allowed him his regular "smoko" breaks ??

would cactus have kicked another bag if the coaches (in their infinite wisdom) had not moved him into defence after half-time ??

last time mitch was "scotty's little brother", this time he was mclean4brownlow, doubled in size and a dangerous forward...

mrs rollo is cutting up rough, so signing off for now...

Guest saint08

Guys just dropping in from Saintsational and really appreciate the game today, you deserve every bit of the win.

Did anybody happen to find a pair of new red size 10 boots that I have left behind at Gosch's?

Your help would be appreciated to [email protected].

Once again well done on the win, and for the excellent coordination on your behalf.

Thanks,

Adam

Unfortunatly Mick, I know exactly how you feel. After 12 months with no footy, that was a complete shock to the system.

This is what I deserve for taking up umpiring however. Umpires deserve the pain once in a while.

To Rollo and all of the others involved well done, it was a great day, far better than the day before.

To the team, congratulations, you played as a team and thoroughly deserved your huge win.

Together with WJ I enjoyed coaching you. Forgive me if this sounds a little patronising, but I thought you were a great bunch of guys, who played a very good game of football in very hot conditions. It was at one stage 36 degrees as it stated on the Nylex tower across the road. No late start or amended conditions needed, you ran the game out without complaint and you should be proud of your achievement.

Lets hope the Dees can replicate your endeavour.

Big thanks to everyone involved yesterday! Was an awesome team effort indeed!

Special big thanks to WJ and Redleg for taking up the coaching roles, rollo for being the super organised team manager, and wise monkey for his strong leadership. And blessed_hands... what a gun

Victory in the red & blue is certainly sweet...