Our future is bleak

Anders

I heard the club are looking for a full-forward, Premiers. If Neitz doesn't come up you could just about get a gig.

And it's not the WHOLE salary. TJ is ON 400k, not half his salary is 400k. I believe we are paying less that $200,000 of his wage next year.

Ah ok. Must have miss read the article.

Do that every now & again. Not a big reader ;)

$200k isn't that big a deal but I still would have waited a year.

Im happy with the trades but it seems to me that Dean Bailey believes we will be last or second last next year.

If that is the case Im still supporting the Demons who must be rebuilding, and Bailey who is reported to make tough calls.

It is silly to huff and puff at posters who can see where we are headed for a year or two.

Plus Its OK to highlight players that CAN be core to a side that will win more than say eight games next year, but you have to look at who we may be better than: And most other also-ran teams look to be on the rise.

Richmond

Essendon

Carlton

Brisbane

So if we arent making the eight, and it looks like we may be third last, would you want to be last and get next years Kreuzer?

IMO I think most independent judges will have us 16th or 15th behind Essendon.

Im happy with the trades but it seems to me that Dean Bailey believes we will be last or second last next year.

If that is the case Im still supporting the Demons who must be rebuilding, and Bailey who is reported to make tough calls.

It is silly to huff and puff at posters who can see where we are headed for a year or two.

Plus Its OK to highlight players that CAN be core to a side that will win more than say eight games next year, but you have to look at who we may be better than: And most other also-ran teams look to be on the rise.

Richmond

Essendon

Carlton

Brisbane

So if we arent making the eight, and it looks like we may be third last, would you want to be last and get next years Kreuzer?

See, thats what I mean. We will finish 14th or something next year for starters. Gee, how exciting is that? And even after that there are no gaurantees. For those telling me to grow a pair, grow up. I will criticise this club when I see something wrong with it. And there is plenty wrong the moment, plenty.

See, thats what I mean. We will finish 14th or something next year for starters. Gee, how exciting is that? And even after that there are no gaurantees. For those telling me to grow a pair, grow up. I will criticise this club when I see something wrong with it. And there is plenty wrong the moment, plenty.

Geez mate, at least give the new coach a chance. I think there is alot of upside to our playing list, and we will see it, or at least some of it, next year.

Seriously, this entire season was a wake up call as to how mediocre our list was. And I have to say I'm not impressed with our off-field activity since the season ended.

Such as

1. McLean and Carroll getting arrested overseas while credible teams are still over here playing finals. Well done fellas. :angry:

2. Failed to secure Judd. Say what you will about him - this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and typical us we missed it.

3. Traded Johnstone for pick 14 - yep, ummm, year too late fellas. Last season was the superdraft, this is the [censored] one. Absolutely no guarantees with pick 14 particularly with our recruiting staff.

4. Trade Johnstone yet refuse to trade Miller to Sydney. We will NEVER EVER do anything if MILLER is a required player in the 22. If we are getting rid of the deadwood - he should be the first to go.

5. Actually TRADED for John Meesen. We could have let him go in the PSD and picked him up if we wanted. Because noone else wants him and with good reason - he's worse than Jamar. Meesen, Jamar, PJ - the future LMFAO

Why don't we get rid of Colin Sylvia? The blokes is injury prone and not going to make it. Or Cameron Bruce, he is older than Trapper and has worse disposal

Seriously, success is so far away from this club the light at the end of the tunnel is but a miscoscopic speck.

Rant/

Toughen up gorgeous.

1. Two incidents don't look good, but you have no idea what provoked them. From juniors, Brock has been a terrific leader, player and clubmen and i can't understand why you (and many others) choose to be so narrowminded as to ignore all his positives and focus on these two incidents.

2. Out of our control. Judd followed the cash and i you'll be hard to find many non-carlton supporters who think it was a good choice.

3. We got pick 14 this year, last year in the 'superdraft' we probably would have only been offered a 20+ pick. Not to mention Daniher probably felt we would push top 4 this year and therefore held onto the senior players.

4. I guess we don't know what was offered from Sydney, if it was a third or fourth round pick i'm glad we kept Miller. His decision making has been poor and been thrown from end to end hasn't helped him, but he is tall, strong, and a good runner and Bailey probably is just in thinking he can get a lot out of him.

5. Time will tell. Early days but your right to recruit someone that appears to be at the same rucking level as two others on our list.

As for Sylvia - i really like this kid. Injury prone yeah, but when you look at his ferocious tackling and physical impact - he's the type of player who doesn't need a lot of touches to have a big influence on the game - the type of player we need

As for Bruce - this year was terrible; he looked slow and his skills were awful - but at his best he is very good (and more consistent then TJ), your right there will be big pressure on him in '08, but who knows what injuries he was carying this year.

This will make you feel better.

We traded Chopper Lovell for Craig "cant do jack s##t" Turley.

Nothing will EVER be as bad as that!!! EVER, PERIOD!

Pick 14 is a good pick. Trapper is on the slide, one or two injuries away from falling of the fray.

Remember, TURLEY, nothing can be as bad as TURLEY!

This will make you feel better.

We traded Chopper Lovell for Craig "cant do jack s##t" Turley.

Nothing will EVER be as bad as that!!! EVER, PERIOD!

Pick 14 is a good pick. Trapper is on the slide, one or two injuries away from falling of the fray.

Remember, TURLEY, nothing can be as bad as TURLEY!

turley was on a par with Diamond Jim Tilbrook for value to MFC alto was at less cost!!LOL

1. Big deal, thats been forgotten already

2. Once again, big deal. We did all the right things. We hold our heads high. Chris Judd is the one that lost respect with his grab for cash.

3. Travis - 10 years on the list and has done stuff all. A great move by Bailey, and I am sure Craig Cameron will use poick 14 wisely.

4. Id like to see Miller get traded, but Im not fussed if he doesnt. We have already got rid of plenty of dead wood. And just cos we keep him doesnt mean he is a required player in the 22. Just means Bailey sees somwething in him

5. Umm would you rather is have retained pick 37 in the National draft or pick 3 in the PSD? Think about that one

In summary, youre thread is crap and I am pumped with trade week so far

The futre is bright

thanks for clearing all of my thoughts up...

I wonder when Malthouse last offseason was cotemplating playing 9 first gamers this season, he was thinking "we will finish last or second last".

I can't understand why people think getting rid of a talented, but incredibly inconsistent 27 year old off our list, will make the difference to our season.

I would be thinking injuries for a start will be a factor, as they are for every team. Then after that it comes to down to the attitude of the whole playing group, and also the improvement by the core group of youngsters coming through.

The future is definitley not bleak.

Richmond

Essendon

Carlton

Brisbane

The independent judges are wrong. They claim that teams need a good run with injuries and then say about those teams that are cruelled by injury that they are going nowhere. Geelong last year, Melbourne this year.

We have a good list, it's young but it is talented. We were 3rd at Round 18 in 2006. What have we lost since then, and what have we gained?

Seriously, this entire season was a wake up call as to how mediocre our list was. And I have to say I'm not impressed with our off-field activity since the season ended.

Such as

1. McLean and Carroll getting arrested overseas while credible teams are still over here playing finals. Well done fellas. :angry:

2. Failed to secure Judd. Say what you will about him - this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and typical us we missed it.

3. Traded Johnstone for pick 14 - yep, ummm, year too late fellas. Last season was the superdraft, this is the [censored] one. Absolutely no guarantees with pick 14 particularly with our recruiting staff.

4. Trade Johnstone yet refuse to trade Miller to Sydney. We will NEVER EVER do anything if MILLER is a required player in the 22. If we are getting rid of the deadwood - he should be the first to go.

5. Actually TRADED for John Meesen. We could have let him go in the PSD and picked him up if we wanted. Because noone else wants him and with good reason - he's worse than Jamar. Meesen, Jamar, PJ - the future LMFAO

Why don't we get rid of Colin Sylvia? The blokes is injury prone and not going to make it. Or Cameron Bruce, he is older than Trapper and has worse disposal

Seriously, success is so far away from this club the light at the end of the tunnel is but a miscoscopic speck.

Rant/

1. Personally, I dont mind seeing a few of the boys getting into post season fights, as long as they arent starting them or involve woman.

2. Getting Judd would have been great. But at what cost?

3. Pick 14 is great value for a 28 year old midfielder with teh credentials he's built up over 10 years. You cant seriously think he was worth much more? Pick 14 could play reserves or 300 games......so could Kreuzer or pick 90. We will only know in 10 years time.

4. Miller probably should have been traded, but I'm happy for Bailey to give him ONE year to turn it around. Someone needs to teach him how to kick.

5. Meesen could be useless. We will find out. But I'd rather keep pick 3 for an unhappy uncontracted player.

Richmond

Essendon

Carlton

Brisbane

Come last and pick up next year's Johnstone? Come third last and pick up next year's Judd?

But seriously, you think it's possible we could finish lower than Richmond?

Side note for the post directly above mine - point 4 - miller can actually kick ok, it's more a case of someone needs to teach him to CHOOSE to kick, and to do so with confidence.

I would think DB is definately not anticipating a bottom 2 finish in 2008. In 2006 if not for 2 losses to carlton (due to our getting ahead of ourselves culture), we would have finished top 4. This year we finished 14th with 5 wins in a season where we lost 4 games by a goal or less (and during all of these games we led at some stage in the last 2 mins) and we were hit unbelievably hard by injury. From memory, apart from the first 1 or 2 games (when we had about 5 best 22 players out), in every game we were missing between 7-12 of our best 22. No team (have a look at WCE at stages this year when they had that many out) can be expected to perform to a very high standard with that many quality players injured.

IMO DB and all of us should be anticipating a top 8 finish next year. I wouldn't think we will seriously challenge for the flag for 2-3 years yet but who would have thought at this time last year after collingwood traded their talented but inconsistent (sound familiar?) forward Tarrant that collingwood would come so close to a grand final berth. And it was collingwood's youngsters that got them there - maybe it will be our group of under 23s that will step up next year.

Anders to me seems just like the Melbourne supporter that would've rung the club and had a teary. Get over yourself mate. This club is going places...and if you're going to be the stereotypical whinger then go and support carlton and chris judd.

Anders to me seems just like the Melbourne supporter that would've rung the club and had a teary. Get over yourself mate. This club is going places...and if you're going to be the stereotypical whinger then go and support carlton and chris judd.

If you think this is bad, you should see the board after a loss :P