LETS LOAD UP ON TOP PICKS AND GET THIS DYNASTY UNDER WAY!

Yze_Magic

I have had a re-think, and I think that if an offer comes along where can move into the top 10-12 picks then it should be done

With news that there is interest for Brad Green, I think he should be moved to gain a high pick

So here we go -

Trade 1 -

Demons send Travis Johnstone and Brad Miller to Sydney

Sydney send pick 11 to Melbourne

Trade 2 -

Demons send Brad Green and pick 21 to Essendon

Essendon send pick 6 to Melbourne

Trade 3 -

Demons send Cameron Bruce to West Coast

West Coast send pick 15 and Ben McKinley to Melbourne

Draft order

1. Carlton - Matthew Kreuzer

2. Richmond - Trent Cotchin

3. West Coast - Cale Morton

4. Melbourne - Rhys Palmer

5. Western Bulldogs - Lachie Hendersen

6. Melbourne - Ben McEvoy

7. Fremantle - Chris Masten

8. Brisbane - Brad Ebert

9. St.Kilda - Alex Rance

10. Adelaide - Cyril Rioli

11. Melbourne - Tom Collier

12. Collingwood - Tom Bellchambers

13. Hawthorn - David Myers

14. Kangaroos - Steven Gaertner

15. Melbourne - Scott Selwood

Your thoughts please?

Your thoughts please?

Would be delighted.

I also think that Green to Essendon is not outside the realms of possibility. I have some Essendon supporter mates who would be breathing fire if they gave up pick 6 for him, but he is a very good player, and can win games on his day. Essendon need to be competitive, and with no midfielders, you'd expect them to be interested.

Secondly, I'd rather take Masten at pick 6, if he's still there. I think he and Palmer would be delighted to come across together, and from what I've read about the U-18s, they were the dynamic duo that helped WA cut everyone else to ribbons. The OP is a risk, but I'd be willing to take it for the super-smart in and under midfielder that everyone says Masten is.

Pick 11 would definitely have to be a tall though, if we took Palmer and Masten at 4 and 6. McEvoy or Rance ideally, though I don't know if they'd still be around at pick 11.

Trade 1 -

Demons send Travis Johnstone and Brad Miller to Sydney

Sydney send pick 11 to Melbourne

Trade 2 -

Demons send Brad Green and pick 21 to Essendon

Essendon send pick 6 to Melbourne

Draft order

Your thoughts please?

Nah, I don't like it.

Johnstone to Sydney for pick 11 I'm ok with. Miller aswell? Meh.

Green I just don't think should go. I'd rather have Green & pick 21 than just pick 6 any day.

And please, it's time for Jamar to start somewhere else, he's officially ^%$# me off with his weak performances.

I don't know much about the detail of the draft, but I'm inclined to use our high picks on McEvoy and Rance. Would 4 and 11 get them both, though?

With at least three more players to pick up, plus two rookie list places, I'd like to see a couple of speedy guys and a speculative ruckman from the late picks.

I know the argument for taking the best talent with high picks rather than drafting for specific needs, as it can go painfully wrong (Smith & Molan come to mind), but by all accounts both Rance and McEvoy ARE amongst the best talent, as well as being suited to our needs.

Of course, I think I'd be comfortable if we ended up with Cotchin instead.

essendon have the cap room for the first time in a decade.

Brad green is a proven player, none of these kids outisde the top 4 are proven players, so pick 6 would be a risk. But given where the dees are at this point in time, we can afford to take risks and build around our new young core such as bate, jones, sylvia,brock, bell, pettard.......so on.

If it is on the table, sounds like an even deal.

Guest unstable punt
essendon have the cap room for the first time in a decade.

Brad green is a proven player, none of these kids outisde the top 4 are proven players, so pick 6 would be a risk. But given where the dees are at this point in time, we can afford to take risks and build around our new young core such as bate, jones, sylvia,brock, bell, pettard.......so on.

If it is on the table, sounds like an even deal.

I tell you though , we will be bottom 4 next year for sure because mostly young players in team, early picks again next year...its what clubs HAVE to do these days

I tell you though , we will be bottom 4 next year for sure because mostly young players in team, early picks again next year...its what clubs HAVE to do these days

Geelong (granted they had luck with FS rule) didn't HAVE to, West Coast didn't have to, Port Adelaide didn't have to. I'm not convinced that early draft picks equate to a flag. Early draft picks in succesive drafts help but there is so much more to it. List management, injury management, clever trading, club culture, coaching tactics are all essential to building a premiership team.

i was originally oposed to giving up green for a draft pick but looking at it that way YM, it is VERY impressive. chuck in ferg to essondon aswell, why not? if we had those three top 12 draft picks aswell as meeson it would be a very good trade week for the MFC

Geelong (granted they had luck with FS rule) didn't HAVE to, West Coast didn't have to, Port Adelaide didn't have to. I'm not convinced that early draft picks equate to a flag. Early draft picks in succesive drafts help but there is so much more to it. List management, injury management, clever trading, club culture, coaching tactics are all essential to building a premiership team.

Of course, but you have to start with enough natural talent, we don't have enough yet, inc' leg speed.

ok having read it i am pretty happy. im not sure about the draft picks. if there is tall talent available i would like to see us get some. good talls dont grow on trees, and they are the key to a flag (look at bulldogs, no talls). geelong had mooney, ablett, scarlett etc. all quality. it helps.

but im very happy with the premise.

green, is one id rather keep (before TJ and bruce etc) but if he is the one that has to go for our long term gain, so be. at least i wont have to hear about his soccer background every week...

- - - - - - - - - Hgt - Wgt - Games - Age

David  Neitz 191 100 300+ 33)

Michael  Newton 193 90 7ish 20)

Russell  Robertson 187 91 190 30)

Lynden  Dunn 192 90 11 20)

Adem  Yze 187 85 257 30)>>>>Not enough size or strenghth.

Daniel  Hughes 186 82 0 21)

Matthew  Bate 192 90 14 20)

Colin  Sylvia 186 87 36 22)

Aaron  Davey 177 72 64 24)

Brad  Green 184 82 148 26

Nathan  Jones 180 81 8 20

Brock  McLean 184 86 29 21

James  McDonald 180 75 177 31

Ricky  Petterd 185 78 15ish 19

Travis  Johnstone 184 83 145 27

Paul  Wheatley 189 88 99 26

Cameron  Bruce 190 85 146 28

Brent  Moloney 182 88 51 24

Chris A.  Johnson 188 87 13 22

Clint  Bartram 181 73 22 20

Isaac  Weetra 184 76 0 19

Simon  Buckley 189 87 5ish 20

Jared  Rivers 192 92 61 23

Matthew  Whelan 180 84 123 28

Daniel  Bell 186 89 28 23

Nathan  Carroll 191 91 41 27

James  Frawley 193 82 5ish 19

Colin  Garland 191 84 0 19

Ben  Holland 197 100 179 30

Jace  Bode 183 80 5ish 20

Ryan  Ferguson 195 93 39 26

Brad  Miller 194 96 75 24

Matthew  Warnock 192 92 2 23

Jeff  White 195 97 231 30

Mark  Jamar 198 103 42 24

Paul A.  Johnson 199 105 11 23

Revised with a 3rd trade involving Cameron Bruce, which will yield us 4 picks in the top 15

Trade 3 -

Demons send Cameron Bruce to West Coast

West Coast send pick 15 and Ben McKinley to Melbourne

Draft order

1. Carlton - Matthew Kreuzer

2. Richmond - Trent Cotchin

3. West Coast - Cale Morton

5. Western Bulldogs - Lachie Hendersen

7. Fremantle - Chris Masten

8. Brisbane - Brad Ebert

9. St.Kilda - Alex Rance

10. Adelaide - Cyril Rioli

12. Collingwood - Tom Bellchambers

13. Hawthorn - David Myers

14. Kangaroos - Steven Gaertner

15. Melbourne - Scott Selwood

so travis johnstone will get us pick 11 from sydney and pick 15 and ben mckinley from WC, and then what? he plays for WC one week and sydney the next?

where does he train? and what happens if it is another sydney v WC grand final? do they flip a coin to see who gets him in the first half?

so travis johnstone will get us pick 11 from sydney and pick 15 and ben mckinley from WC, and then what? he plays for WC one week and sydney the next?

where does he train? and what happens if it is another sydney v WC grand final? do they flip a coin to see who gets him in the first half?

That's gold. What does one lose when their credibility bank is already overdrawn?

What trade would be better do you reckon, the eagles or the sydney one.

It's a tough call. I reckon McKinley would love to come home, but whether that would be good or bad for his footy remains to be seen. If he can kick as 8 goals as a small forward in the WAFL he is probably worth 4 spots in the draft, so I'd go with West Coast.

And for all you slating YM, he is a tool sometimes, but his first post is spot on if you ask me. We need to get these draft picks. By the time we are geared up for a tilt at the flag, in 2-3 years, Green, Johnstone, etc will all be on their last legs. If we can cash them in now, while they have value to somebody else, we could have 2-3 years into some highly rated youngsters when our turn comes. We don't want to make a habit of visiting the bottom of the ladder, nor can we afford to, so we need to take this opportunity to get as many good kids as we can into the club.

id happily take either. i think id prefer the sydney one because 11 is a better pick than 15. i dont know much about the draft, are we just as likely to get a good player at 15 as we are at 11? if yes then go for it. and get the kid too...

That's gold. What does one lose when their credibility bank is already overdrawn?

Think you better read the trade again sunshine

Think you better read the trade again sunshine

You've edited it. Y_M. Clearly in your first post you had tried to trade Trapper twice. I don't know if that's what your orginal post looked like, but five minutes ago you had him going to the Swans and the Eagles.