DAVID NEITZ 300 TRIBUTES

DemonTraveller

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bWell
WOO HOO! Just got an email from the club to say my kids were some of the lucky ones selected to form the guard of honour for Neitzy - don't know who is more excited, them or me!!!!

That's awesome!!!

Did anyone else get a letter about the Hero Messages?

I did my hero message, with a like to this topic. I know they will not read it but i thought of all the posters here and you can't get people that are more passionate then us.

I'm taking my daughter to her first game this week she's far to young to have any idea of what's going on but least when she get's older I can let her know she saw one of the best players to ever pull on a Melb Jumper play his 300th even if she does sleep all the way through it! Really looking forward to this weeks game!

WOO HOO! Just got an email from the club to say my kids were some of the lucky ones selected to form the guard of honour for Neitzy - don't know who is more excited, them or me!!!!

One of my kids is in too. The other one is too young, and has number 5 anyway.

Will be a good night. I know I'm excited.

'no cameras' and 'no going onto the ground' for the parents. bummer.

See you there 'deesrock', not that we will be able to recognise each other. (is there a secret demonland handshake we can use?)

Any thoughts about trying to fit in as an oversized kid???? :lol:

A really nice video highlight:

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/40349

Watch out for Robbo taking a dig at Newton about his marking. Gold! :D

Yeah I watched that earlier, very moving stuff, he is a great champion and will be missed when he moves on from our great club :wub:

Lol @ the thought of robbo and juice trying to out-fly eachother :D

I'm getting that same feeling inside comparably to one of a final, anyone else getting that? I am absolutely pumped for this! :D

That's exactly what I said to a friend of mine yesterday. Sure, the feeling before playing a final is incredible, but this has something so special about it as well.

This week it is wonderful to be able to celebrate the achievement for one of the most inspiring leaders and beloved players at our club.

In this 300 game milestone we are able to sit back and reflect on the wonderful career of a wonderful and loyal player.

A player that is held in the highest possible esteem by all who support, and play for, this historic club.

So congratulations to Neita for being the first Demon to reach the mark, and on 300 magnificent and inspirational games.

You are nothing short of a legend to all at the MFC, and the AFL world at large :D !!!

Just found a picture from last years milestone game so that's my backdrop for the day.

Attached. Hope the crowd is a big bigger for this game!

Is the banner (and therefor guard of honour) going to be in the standard spot in the north-west corner in front of the mcc members area, or elsewhere cos its an away game?

post-537-1187307531_thumb.jpg

ok, question already answered, from the organiser of the guard of honour. A very prompt answer by him.

Hi Rob,

The team will be running out from the away team's race, which is in the middle of the MCC members stand.

Regards

Martin.

Yes!!! I'll be right there... Gotta love being part of the MCC!

Neitz is a Melbourne champion and has become a Legend, not just to Melbourne but the AFL, is clearly our best player in the last 10 years and joins Melbourne's elite that include Barrassi, Flower, Lyon etc.

wow what a big achievement for the big fella!! i just wanna say neita you are a true inspiration to me and other MFC supporters. you are such a caring and wonderfull man who always have time us supporters!! i remember as a kid u signed my jumper and told me to just enjoy my footy and have gud time wit my mates. that forever will stick by me and ever since that day i have always enjoyed my fooy wit my mates. Neita u will forever live in my heart and other dee supporters hearts forever. u have given us great fond memories and i know for sure there is more on the way. i hope one day i can just be like you because ur an inspiration to me! last but not least.. GO GET EM BIG FELLA!!!

Congrads to a true champion David Neitz.

dazzledavey36

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.