The Wade Derksen Thread

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

That’s what McCartney is probably pushing for a better deal than his profile demands.

We are quick to trade players for unders and are probably seen as a soft touch and then pay overs to trade in to get the deal done.

Imagine paying what you get for Nibbler for an untried player of 23 years old. 3rd in our B and F last night and a Premiership player who never misses a game for a maybe. 

We traded Bedford for 44 and he is now a regular in their team and as described by them one of their most important tagging/pressure/goal assist players.

I think most of us here have serious concerns over our recent recruiting decisions - hopefully our form improves dramatically on this front 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, seventyfour said:

Every year there are fringe player swho wants to leave, but the clubs who hold them label them as a "required player".

They always end up being traded, often on the last day and for late picks.

It'll get done.

Adelaide refused to trade E Himmelberg to the Giants last year because they couldn’t secure a tall replacement. He was older with more exposed form as an ordinary player.

Id have this as a genuine 50:50.

• Like 1

Just now, DeeSpencer said:

Adelaide refused to trade E Himmelberg to the Giants last year because they couldn’t secure a tall replacement. He was older with more exposed form as an ordinary player.

And didn’t that work out well for them. Lost him a year later for SFA

• Like 1

McCartney once in a while likes to play this tough guy act after letting plenty leave and then randomly tell someone they have no interest in they can’t go to send a message 

would be awful to do that considering their situation. I remember they did it to Bobby Hill

ill try find out more 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2024 at 14:40, 58er said:

Do you really know anything about Wade ?

Others that are posting seem to have some knowledge and are relatively keen. 

I’d back them rather than your off handed comment. 

From my view this year we had no back up for Max. He would look to offer more than others at Casey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

He would have to offer more than those at Casey this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 58er said:

You make some outlandish statements RIF 

He has a good profile for no AFL games so far and is very versatile in ruck back or forward. 

Probably equivalent or ahead of Jeffo in experience. Good size also. 
Hope we can lure him for next year.

Whilst I do love some outlandish statements this one regarding a 23 year old maybe ok player isn't one of them. I still think we'll get him but GWS want us to pay more it appears.

• Like 1