Christian Petracca

8 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

It was an absolute disaster of an interview.

We are all not surprised one bit you gave it a standing ovation. You are just as part of the problem.

I think disaster is overplaying it however do Presidents stay so far out of football matters that Kate wouldn’t have spoken to Petracca directly? Thats the bit I find staggering but maybe that’s how clubs operate? Personally I’d of liked to hear her say “Absolutely I’ve spoken with Christian, he’s pivotal to our club. Yes he’s got some legitimate issues and we’re hoping to work through them as quickly as we can.” I do strongly feel that one of her or Pert needs to go but that’s a vibe thing

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

anyone got a time machine i could borrow?

only need it for a little while

slab on offer

Are you going back in time to draft Bontempelli instead of Petracca? 😅

• Haha 2
  • Clap 1

5 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

I'm sorry but what was Roffey supposed to say? I don't think anything she'd say would suffice for anyone. The people that need to talk aren't doing any talking and are using Tom Morris and Sam McClure are their mouth piece. 

Spot on!

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

no i want to look into the future about 8 weeks. the present has me baffled

You may as well go 57 years into the future to let us know if we won more Premierships 😆

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Flowergirl said:

I'm sorry but what was Roffey supposed to say? I don't think anything she'd say would suffice for anyone. The people that need to talk aren't doing any talking and are using Tom Morris and Sam McClure are their mouth piece. 

It's not so much about what do we want her to say now it's about what she should have been doing either while Trac was injured or picking the phone up and talking with him in the last 2 weeks since this blew up.

He's one of our most important players and as the leader of our club she hasn't either bothered to speak with him or worse he won't speak to her.

Our leaders have absolutely failed ever single member. We must demand change.

• Like 3

Just now, Bigfoot said:

It's not so much about what do we want her to say now it's about what she should have been doing either while Trac was injured or picking the phone up and talking with him in the last 2 weeks since this blew up.

He's one of our most important players and as the leader of our club she hasn't either bothered to speak with him or worse he won't speak to her.

She said the club has been in constant contact with him. 

10 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

no i want to look into the future about 8 weeks. the present has me baffled

Could you jot down a few lotto numbers and a couple of long odds winners ...  I'll put the money on .... share with ya ;) 

• Haha 1

What a bizarre situation really.  Kind of all smoke amd mirrors... without smoke, without mirrors.  Nothing really to grab onto but you know there's something.

Half inclined to turn off from footy til after finals and the trade circus starts.

I'm just seeing shadows....

• Like 1

From memory Jesse Hogan's and Tom Scully's threads are the only ones to rival the growth in this one.  I go away for a day and it has grown by another 20 pages!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 58er said:

Thats because he really has no genuine case to ask for a clearance with the reasons so far. 

Yes not everything was smooth medically but the initial diagnosis couldn’t be obtained on field or even in the change rooms. He should have in hindsight not gone back on but he was part of the Fagan that did want to try to return. Perhaps not enough patient/ doctor communication assistance artist stage hampered things. 

From there it was downhill as the Club and players MAY have not kept communication channels open enough. Alternatively I have no doubt it was an extremely challenging for his family also and very draining on all concerned. 

Trac’s health is still not  returned so he can only do basic tasks towards a restart to health and training. 

Nothing  to say of the mental side of this still ever present. 

It is really too early for decisions/reactions IMO and the elephant in the room is Trac is clearly prioritising his off field practises in his “big Club” talk.

Very disappointing. After a decade of great times and super development for both him and our Club.

Hopefully there is enough time for a breath overwork and a middle ground can please everyone. Also that his health is still the main priority.

Get Well Trac. And all the best. 

Bonkers you have made some very salient observations and are crucial with my points also. 

I agree with most of your points, but I have a few comments. He is currently receiving counseling or seeing a psychologist, which may indicate that he isn't in the right frame of mind at the moment.

Finding middle ground is really up to him. If the leaks continue, it leaves the club with limited options. So far, without any change on his part, he hasn't given the club much room to maneuver. Actions reflect one's values and ethics, and if he or his management continue on this path, it’s clear he’s not aligned with the team-first values and isn't invested in outcomes that benefit everyone at the MFC. As I mentioned, it doesn’t leave the club with much choice. In a team sport, when a player behaves this way, the usual response is to move them on for the best possible return unless they change.

As a Manchester United supporter, I've seen this repeatedly under Ferguson; no player is bigger than the club, and there's always a way to turn the situation around for the club's benefit. The club should be proactive in managing this issue and should start treating him as a commodity if that's the approach he’s taking—focusing on playing in front of big crowds, enhancing his brand, and so on. It seems clear to me that these are his priorities, with his medical concerns possibly being secondary. He may have grievances with the club, but without knowing the specifics, I can't comment further. Ideally, the club should address and work to improve these issues, but I understand it’s not that simple.

I don't think it’s too early to make these assessments—he's shown his hand through his actions and behaviors. While reconciliation might still be possible, my primary concern is the club’s long-term well-being. Like you, I wish him the best with his health, but my priority remains the club.

• Like 4
  • Thinking 1

This is exactly what the media love, a story they can milk for 2 months. The fact people are leaking to them must be a thrill. I listened to the start of "the sounding board" podcast the other day and Craig Hutchison said two things that were telling:

1. He hopes this goes on for as long as possible because it's good for business

2. Christian Petracca's manager Robbie is inexperienced. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Half of our best 22 re-sign in the past 3 months and mention being thrilled to be at the club

*crickets*

One player who is clearly going through a lot and is obviously getting bad/weird advice is unhappy and they’re trying to resolve it internally

*EVERYONE PANIC!!! THE CLUB IS FAILING US ALL!!*

Edited by Disco InTurno
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

49 minutes ago, waynewussell said:

Thought she handled the interrogation with courage and aplomb. Did not deviate from the reality or the truth. Far more convincing than several AFL leaders. Get off her back charlatans! Support the club, don't be part of the problem!

I didn’t like how she hid behind the, “he hasn’t said that to me” or “that’s not in my remit” lines. Its pretty disingenuous to pretend at this stage.

She handled some questions well but overall it left me wondering. I wonder if one of the AFLW girls was in ICU. Would she wait 2-3 months to talk with the player and family? 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 2

For those calling for wholesale changes and sackings - it often doesn’t make for a quick fix. Also only works if the new people are better - hard to know and limited by suitably qualified, experienced and available personnel.

There is a difference between rage induced scapegoating and sensible, well planned governance.

• Like 2

Is this the opportunity for the club to reset the list for another crack at the flag.

I don't think we can win another flag with our current midfield, we need a better balance with contested bulls to silk ball users.  We also have an aging ruck with no support.

Trac is our best player, has the most trade currency, love him at the dees but we can win from moving him on.

Get Tom De koning and Carlton first round pick this year, they don't want it they just need points for FS selection. Add in our 2nd round to get a future first as well.  Get stuck into Gold Coast, freo trade future 1st for one of their 2024 first round picks.

Take 3 first round picks to the draft and try to get 3 quality players plus De Koning.  We have a good base of youngsters and some experience heads that should be around for 3 odd years.  

We can rebuild quickly, but we might need to lose a favourite ti make this happen

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I agree with most of your points, but I have a few comments. He is currently receiving counseling or seeing a psychologist, which may indicate that he isn't in the right frame of mind at the moment.

Finding middle ground is really up to him. If the leaks continue, it leaves the club with limited options. So far, without any change on his part, he hasn't given the club much room to maneuver. Actions reflect one's values and ethics, and if he or his management continue on this path, it’s clear he’s not aligned with the team-first values and isn't invested in outcomes that benefit everyone at the MFC. As I mentioned, it doesn’t leave the club with much choice. In a team sport, when a player behaves this way, the usual response is to move them on for the best possible return unless they change.

As a Manchester United supporter, I've seen this repeatedly under Ferguson; no player is bigger than the club, and there's always a way to turn the situation around for the club's benefit. The club should be proactive in managing this issue and should start treating him as a commodity if that's the approach he’s taking—focusing on playing in front of big crowds, enhancing his brand, and so on. It seems clear to me that these are his priorities, with his medical concerns possibly being secondary. He may have grievances with the club, but without knowing the specifics, I can't comment further. Ideally, the club should address and work to improve these issues, but I understand it’s not that simple.

I don't think it’s too early to make these assessments—he's shown his hand through his actions and behaviors. While reconciliation might still be possible, my primary concern is the club’s long-term well-being. Like you, I wish him the best with his health, but my priority remains the club.

Any advise on how ManU keeps players in Manchester? How they don't become home sick or look for a better place to live? 😅

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

What about her?

In times of crisis she should be on the phone!

why? We can’t have everyone on the phone to him. If others are then it’s fine 

• Like 1