Melbourne v Greater Western Sydney

9 Finn Callaghan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Brent Daniels (GWS)
1 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
1 Toby Greene (GWS)

Kingsley.  Give the Dees players more credit. 

Goodwin. Please!!! Surely you’re joking. Only Clarry deserved a single vote. And no one else? Rivers. May. McVee. Any of these could have got votes.  

Dees lost by 2 points.  It was a nail biter !!! Could have been a Demons victory if ...  well so many ifs. 

This coaches system is flawed. So many biased votes being given by coaches, except for our Goody!!! 

• Sad 2

Those votes seem fair to me. I'd have Clarry with a few more there, but none of our other guys deserved votes IMO.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The first 4 had the most disposals.

Toby had 3 goals 9 score involvements, Brent had 2 goals and 8 tackles, 8 score involvements etc.

Rivers and ANB had good games, but below the ones listed above

• Like 1

• Demonland changed the title to COACHES VOTES: Round 20

Dees used to own the Coaches Votes Leaderboard

LEADERBOARD

94 Nick Daicos COLL
92 Isaac Heeney SYD
91 Caleb Serong FRE
86 Patrick Cripps CARL
81 Lachie Neale BL
78 Errol Gulden SYD
74 Marcus Bontempelli WB
70 Zach Merrett ESS
68 Chad Warner SYD
67 Adam Treloar WB
65 Noah Anderson GCFC
61 Sam Walsh CARL
57 Andrew Brayshaw FRE
55 Hayden Young FRE
53 Zak Butters PORT
53 Luke Davies-Uniacke NMFC
53 Jordan Dawson ADEL
52 Josh Dunkley BL
52 Max Holmes GEEL
52 Jason Horne-Francis PORT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't disagree with those votes. We had a number of players do a few decent things and then disappear. The Giants players were more consistent across the game, and were clearly more influential when the game was in the balance through the third quarter and into the fourth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

9 Finn Callaghan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Brent Daniels (GWS)
1 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
1 Toby Greene (GWS)

Goodwin. Please!!! Surely you’re joking. Only Clarry deserved a single vote. And no one else? Rivers. May. McVee. Any of these could have got votes.  

Dees lost by 2 points.  It was a nail biter !!! Could have been a Demons victory if ...  well so many ifs. 

This coaches system is flawed. So many biased votes being given by coaches, except for our Goody!!! 

For me this bodes well for us as it shows an even contribution across the board from a very young team. I don't have any issues with the coaches votes as shown above.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, DubDee said:

Serong has the Brownlow wrapped up i reckon

Thank chrst coz if that front running no defensive game Faicoz gets anywhere near it I'll SPEW UP 🤮

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Thank chrst coz if that front running no defensive game Faicoz gets anywhere near it I'll SPEW UP 🤮

He's no front runner 'picket', unfortunately he's a great young player. Unfortunately because he plays for them not us...

• Like 4

16 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

9 Finn Callaghan (GWS)
6 Lachie Whitfield (GWS)
6 James Peatling (GWS)
5 Tom Green (GWS)
2 Brent Daniels (GWS)
1 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
1 Toby Greene (GWS)

Yes to Rivers and maybe Mcvee.

But certainly for me Lever was well and truly overlooked.

Our second best after Oliver.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

On reflection, can you genuinely think of one MFC player that was in the best 5 players on the night?

Meanwhile how did Hogan not get a vote? Tore the game apart in the first half of the last quarter.

Agree BBP they had the 5-6 most influential players on the ground, however I felt that we had a greater spread of players that understood their roles and stepped up as required. Their midfielders and Hogan were better than our counterparts and we didn’t take our opportunities like they did. Yet we ran all over them late in the 4th and they ran all over us early in the fourth. For all their dominance they are only a 2 point better side than us, so we aren’t as [censored] as a lot on here are asserting. They are clever and know how to chip the ball around and round and string a chain of handballs together quite impressively and rack up a lot uncontested ball to stay in the game.

6 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Agree BBP they had the 5-6 most influential players on the ground, however I felt that we had a greater spread of players that understood their roles and stepped up as required. Their midfielders and Hogan were better than our counterparts and we didn’t take our opportunities like they did. Yet we ran all over them late in the 4th and they ran all over us early in the fourth. For all their dominance they are only a 2 point better side than us, so we aren’t as [censored] as a lot on here are asserting. They are clever and know how to chip the ball around and round and string a chain of handballs together quite impressively and rack up a lot uncontested ball to stay in the game.

And I also thought they were coached well.

They responded really well to a good old fashioned cook at quarter time, and refused to allow May to take on Hogan. They somehow manipulated the defensive battles such that May would take Riccardi and T Mac would be on Hogan, and we know the rest of the story in the last quarter.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, picket fence said:

I wish they  could get him in a trade but it would probably turn out that they couldn't fit him in with the players  already on the list and he'd move to Sydney after one season at Casey 

6 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

And I also thought they were coached well.

They responded really well to a good old fashioned cook at quarter time, and refused to allow May to take on Hogan. They somehow manipulated the defensive battles such that May would take Riccardi and T Mac would be on Hogan, and we know the rest of the story in the last quarter.

Surely you arnt saying Goodwin was outclassed?

Two weeks ago he was a genius

Again the point.  We lost by 2 points.  A whisker.  It could have gone either way.  

Yet only one MFC player Oliver got 1 vote (of the 30 votes available).  Goodwin thought the Giants had the best 4 players , which is arguable, and Clarry got 1 conciliatory vote.  Maybe it was the medication!!! Kingsley presumably gave all his votes to his players.  

The 4 blokes in yellow/lime also did well for the Giants, in the last qtr especially.  

• Love 1