PREGAME: Rd 21 vs Western Bulldogs

Only a loser club would stop trying to make finals while still in mathematical contention to make it. 
Don’t see Pies or Hawks giving up for goodness sake. 
It sets an awful standard and achieves nothing. We still have plenty to play for. 

• Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Clap 4

Hope all know we can still make he 8 we dont like it when the players stop trying,so why should we stop supporting them.Go Dees shove it up em and make the 8

• Like 6
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Have you seen our draw? Dogs and Suns away. Port and Pies at home. Tall order and we are no relying on others to some extent. Odds against.

Of course the odds are against. I wasn't arguing otherwise.

I was responding to the comment that 2025 starts now.

Zero chance that we'll be putting the cue in the rack and not be trying our guts out to make finals until it's mathematically impossible.

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Only a loser club would stop trying to make finals while still in mathematical contention to make it. 
Don’t see Pies or Hawks giving up for goodness sake. 
It sets an awful standard and achieves nothing. We still have plenty to play for. 

Nor the crows- who are even less likely to make finals 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, binman said:

Nor the crows- who are even less likely to make finals 

Saints are happy to keep winning and they are no chance of making finals. 
You don’t just throw the towel in because fans have had enough. 
I don’t personally think we will make finals, but I certainly don’t want us to stop trying!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It’s baffling how hawthorn could possibly have won more games than us considering the top 4 finishes and our list demographic, how the dogs have turned their season around, something is seriously not right from our game  plan & list mgt!  Can’t see us beating the dogs at Marvel 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, binman said:

Zero chance that we'll be putting the cue in the rack and not be trying our guts out to make finals until it's mathematically impossible.

Fair enough but would you really want to fall into the 8? Extends the season by a minimum 2-3 weeks. History tells you that you can't win the flag 5-8. In current format only Bulldogs did it in 2016 with mitigating circumstances.  Of course we try but I'd be happy with a couple of wins and honourable losses. Reckon Viney, Lever and Clarry need surgery.  Maybe others Agree that '2025 starts now' is over the top but the sentiment reading between the lines has some merit.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Deelectable said:

Fair enough but would you really want to fall into the 8? 

Yes, 100%..

I have followed dees for over 50 years. That's a lot of not making finals.

Where there's hope and all that

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Clap 1

19 minutes ago, binman said:

Yes, 100%..

I have followed dees for over 50 years. That's a lot of not making finals.

Where there's hope and all that

Sorry mate. I've followed the Demons for nearly 70 years. Finishing 7th or 8th does little for me. There is only one prize and we're not winning it from there. Too many issues. Very excited for next season. Pick 6, 7 or 8 is juicy. Pre finals bye adds an extra layer of fatigue. Anyway, it's a moot point. Not beating Dogs or Suns which means it's over. Port and Pies are 50/50 at best.

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

2 hours ago, binman said:

Wake up...

It's nigh on impossible right now..

I dare you to show me otherwise.. not that you or anyone can.

We not only have to win 3 of the last 4 ...but improve our % by around 8 to even have a show.  You're a man of maths ( i'm figuring ....you like the numbers...no ? ) 

It's mathematically possibly to win Lotto...and someone does.  But the likelihood is another thing.  Should all the stars align and a few umps forget where they are, and if i stand on one leg and balance a football on top of a stubby it might all go our way. 

Yeah nahh...just yanking your chain.

Actually I  might concede we wont put the cue away and concentrate on '5 ..   why...we just aren't that astute as a club.

Look at our game plan...look at our game day magnet moves.... look at our injury list....look at our form.

Teams, to be relevant in sep need to be on the 'up' ... fit... in form.  ALL of that. We aren't

The last two seasons we were there...and messed up...  but we might have accomplished more. 

This year...  Bin...   if you've followed us as long as you ( same here...longer ) suggest, there is NO fun in falling in...getting spat out.

We need to do better...  we need to be in a better place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Wake up...

We not only have to win 3 of the last 4 ...but improve our % by around 8 to even have a show.  You're a man of maths ( i'm figuring ....you like the numbers...no ? ) 

It's mathematically possibly to win Lotto...and someone does.  But the likelihood is another thing.  Should all the stars align and a few umps forget where they are, and if i stand on one leg and balance a football on top of a stubby it might all go our way. 

Actually I  might concede we wont put the cue away and concentrate on '5 ..   why...we just aren't that astute as a club.

Look at our game plan...look at our game day magnet moves.... look at our injury list....look at our form.

Teams, to be relevant in sep need to be on the 'up' ... fit... in form.  ALL of that. We aren't

The last two seasons we were there...and messed up...  but we might have accomplished more. 

This year...  Bin...   if you've followed us as long as you ( same here...longer ) suggest, there is NO fun in falling in...getting spat out.

We need to do better...  we need to be in a better place. 

What is up with people's comprehension?

You have managed to miscomprehend the same post twice.

Repeat after me:

Edited by binman
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Sorry mate. I've followed the Demons for nearly 70 years. Finishing 7th or 8th does little for me. There is only one prize and we're not winning it from there. Too many issues. Very excited for next season. Pick 6, 7 or 8 is juicy. Pre finals bye adds an extra layer of fatigue. Anyway, it's a moot point. Not beating Dogs or Suns which means it's over. Port and Pies are 50/50 at best.

Ok. 

You asked if I'd prefer we made the finals and I said yes.

I didn't realise it was a debate or that somehow i had to justify my position.

As for a moot point - it's 100% a moot point whether you or I would prefer we made the finals in terms of the club's decision to keep pushing for finals or not

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, binman said:

What is up with people's comprehension?

You have managed to miscomprehend the same post twice.

Repeat after me:

You were arguing against starting 25 now. Doesnt sit with you

Repeat after me...read ffs

Billings is the whipping boy in this thread.

I am not sold on him and he was bought in for his skills and forward transition but be gave everything Saturday night. His tackles and pressure were immense. 

There are others that should go before him.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

You were arguing against starting 25 now. Doesnt sit with you

Repeat after me...read ffs

No I wasn't.

Again, comprehension.

55 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Wake up...

Although I concede making the finals from here is unlikely it's not impossible. As our remaining games are against teams in contention, winning also decreases their odds of making finals.

Winning the remaining games (while continuing to play the younger players) should be the focus and build a blueprint for their future success. I have never seen Geelong, Pies or the Swans tank so why should we?

Edited by Jibroni
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Is it just me or is Demonland collectively falling apart more than usual? 😅

Im sensing a group hug is needed.

• Haha 7

37 minutes ago, binman said:

Ok. 

You asked if I'd prefer we made the finals and I said yes.

I didn't realise it was a debate or that somehow i had to justify my position.

As for a moot point - it's 100% a moot point whether you or I would prefer we made the finals in terms of the club's decision to keep pushing for finals or not

Not a debate. The final 8 is an AFL construct purely for revenue. You don't win from the bottom 4. It's basically a nonsense.  Final 5 was far and away the best. So we 'make the finals'. 8th out of 18. Not a resounding effort. Yep, try to win every game but the reward of missing out outweighs the nebulus affect of one 'final'. 

1 hour ago, Deelectable said:

Not a debate. The final 8 is an AFL construct purely for revenue. You don't win from the bottom 4. It's basically a nonsense.  Final 5 was far and away the best. So we 'make the finals'. 8th out of 18. Not a resounding effort. Yep, try to win every game but the reward of missing out outweighs the nebulus affect of one 'final'. 

Not a debate? What is it then?

All i flippin said is that the club will still be doing everything they can to make finals.

You asked if I'd prefer we did, and I said yes.

I didn't ask for an explanation as to why you think why my desire for us to make the 8 is flawed.

And to be clear that last para was rhetorical so, please, no need for a rebuttal.

The season is not over. But this method and personnel isn't going to win us 4 games in September.   We should be trying new things and looking to win with our best 22 and if you've been around footy clubs that's exactly what we will be doing. 

Honestly, seeing the pre game thread pop up after a loss lately just makes me groan. Still plenty to play for but forget talking selections and all that rubbish, you can all do that.

• Like 1