Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

9 minutes ago, Great Sage said:

My take is that external review and some player discontent combined with doubts whether Clarry will get back to his best and/or be value for money, means that we are open to option of moving him on.

Stumbling block is that we cannot afford to give him away for nothing. Our current stance with Cats is to come back with a deal that is mutually beneficial and that we can sell (to members and public) or there will be no trade.

Clarry is my all time favourite player, but there is little doubt that his behaviour and how the club has dealt with it has been a contributor to our lack of a second premiership. You need most things going right to win a premiership and this has definitely been going wrong.

FWIW I think that Clarry will be all Australian again, but whether it's in 2 years or 4 years I'm not sure. He needs to grow up and the jolt of a new club may help. Hogan is a great example of this. We need him based on current form, but he would not have been any help for the previous 4 years. 

I think that is being a bit harsh on a kid as young as him and i also understand its a cut throat business.

That said people take time and space differently to get  back from personal disruption and the glare of the most self indulgent group of individuals god put breath into.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Willmoy1947 said:

I think that is being a bit harsh on a kid as young as him and i also understand its a cut throat business.

That said people take time and space differently to get  back from personal disruption and the glare of the most self indulgent group of individuals god put breath into.

Oh please..

He's not a kid mate, he's a 27 year old grown adult. Time to start acting like one for once in his life.

• Like 12
  • Clap 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Deez21 said:

I’m hoping this is a case of geelong not giving up and not Pert STILL shopping him around after everyone confirmed on Friday night he’s not leaving

Wishful thinking. We still have him advertised on Gumtree under used sporting goods. Only the one bid though. 

• Haha 5

If Oliver starts next season with a clear mind and a fit body, the sky is again the limit for him and the team.

Same goes for Petracca.

So after the trade and draft periods, we could be looking a lot stronger than a disastrous 2024 might suggest.

Only big loss from our best 22 so far is ANB, whose running and tackling will be missed.

What Clarrie needs right now is total support from everyone at the club to get back to his best.

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, Willmoy1947 said:

Another Media Maggot

Pardon?

1 hour ago, KLV said:

You’re kidding, right?

Absolutely not, have you been watching us play? Midfield has gotten much worse over the past few years and our gamestyle with a bunch of inside mids doesn't hold up in the modern game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Billy said:

I can’t differentiate sarcasm & seriousness anymore on this site.

This a good enough reason for Green to be ridiculed already?

Please tell me you’re kidding 

Not speaking for Adam but one of the most beautiful things about this place is the talent in the sarcasm area.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Dee-tonator said:

If Oliver starts next season with a clear mind and a fit body, the sky is again the limit for him and the team.

Same goes for Petracca.

So after the trade and draft periods, we could be looking a lot stronger than a disastrous 2024 might suggest.

Only big loss from our best 22 so far is ANB, whose running and tackling will be missed.

What Clarrie needs right now is total support from everyone at the club to get back to his best.

I just spoke with David Schwarz yesterday at work and he told me that Oliver and Trac are already putting in solid work for a big preseason. Oliver not going anywhere. 

I said to him to watch out for us in 2025! I feel like Melbourne will make a big statement next year. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Where Demons Dare said:

I just spoke with David Schwarz yesterday at work and he told me that Oliver and Trac are already putting in solid work for a big preseason. Oliver not going anywhere. 

I said to him to watch out for us in 2025! I feel like Melbourne will make a big statement next year. 

I just wish they'd give us the double up Collingwood game in round 1 instead of in the later rounds. The kind of game where we can make a very big statement by coming out firing straight up !

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Demonic said:

I just wish they'd give us the double up Collingwood game in round 1 instead of in the later rounds. The kind of game where we can make a very big statement by coming out firing straight up !

Unfortunately I could see us losing to Collingwood again which sets off all the emotions of "here we go again".

I think the AFL will go after another Round 1 attendance record and putting Hawks vs. Pies on a Friday night would be a good start.

After all this trade [censored], Melbourne vs. Geelong at the MCG, Saturday 2.10, is what i'd like to see.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Demonic said:

We are Collingwood's bunnies. I'd rather play them less not more.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

You run toward your fear not away from it.

I don't fear them, but playing them is a pretty miserable experience of late. The games aren't even entertaining. Apart from a small reprieve in 2023 we've been beaten the exact same way by them every time the past few years.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wrecker46 said:

Given none of our supporter base can get JVR'S pronunciation correct and yell Roo when he get's it, i'm nor sure why the same people are upset when our president calls trac pertracka.

Hahaha, neither can our match day announcer - Robbo says it wrong every single week

Edited by deegirl

13 hours ago, adonski said:

Clazz to request trade due to concerns about Dees culture I'm hearing

Clarry reckons a strong club would have traded him 12 months ago

Groucho Oliver?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm really over people pointing fingers at the usual suspects: the media (those good folks just doing their job), the umpires (come on, we all know they’re perfect), the AFL (because they’re totally innocent), the Filth (Collingwood, obviously), the Club, ex-club legends, the *cul-cha*, Pork-barrel Park, the Government (they're always blamed for everything), injuries, the fitness team (surely they’re saints), the admin chaos . . . oh, and did I mention the umpires (again)?

Here's where we *really* need to be focusing our attention for where the real vilians are hiding - in plain view.

1.    Judas Iscariot – The original backstabber, pre-Facebook drama.
    2.    The person in the grassy knoll – Still dodging accusations like a pro.
    3.    Lindy Chamberlain – Blamed for a dingo’s diet plan.
    4.    Richard Nixon – The guy who made tape recordings go out of style.
    5.    Macbeth – Just couldn’t resist the whole “stab the king” trend.
    6.    Marie Antoinette – Accused of not sharing her cake recipe.
    7.    Bernie Madoff – A financial wizard, but not in a Harry Potter way.
    8.    King Henry VIII – Bad at marriages, good at decapitations.
    9.   George Pell – Accused of lots, cleared of some, still dodgy headlines.
    10.  Voldemort – Definitely allergic to love, and noses.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, seventyfour said:

Unfortunately I could see us losing to Collingwood again which sets off all the emotions of "here we go again".

I think the AFL will go after another Round 1 attendance record and putting Hawks vs. Pies on a Friday night would be a good start.

After all this trade [censored], Melbourne vs. Geelong at the MCG, Saturday 2.10, is what i'd like to see.

this is funny! as if we are playing geelong at the MCG this year! weve had our once a decade game at the g, its GMHBA from now until 2032.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, John Demonic said:

I see what you are saying, but everything that can go wrong when playing Collingwood goes wrong. We even lose a player to suspension when the oppo's captain slips over in the wet and of course we pay the price. Please play them once next year.

Give us a West Coast at the G in round 1, Sunday 1pm on a a beautiful March afternoon in front of 35K as we quietly build into a season of redemption. Happy to sit out opening round.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Give us a West Coast at the G in round 1, Sunday 1pm on a a beautiful March afternoon in front of 35K as we quietly build into a season of redemption. Happy to sit out opening round.

35,000! That would be a win if it happened.

We’ve had the Dogs at the G in Round 1 three years in a row. Might happen again?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Willmoy1947 said:

If you can't say anything that's not difficult, don't say anything at all.

For crying out loud champ, people are allowed to hold their club accountable. And very ordinary to call others ‘maggots’ on here as well.

While the media clearly loves stirring the pot about us (I really do hate Sam McClure), there is too much noise for one to stick their head in the sand and think “yeah, everything’s rosy over at Melbourne HQ”.

Whether you like it or not, the fact that all of this information has been leaked out to the media, points to an inability of the club to prevent information leakage. 

That’s an issue of the club and certain people privy to information who won’t keep their damn mouths shut. 

Edited by Foopy on the telly
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

35,000! That would be a win if it happened.

We’ve had the Dogs at the G in Round 1 three years in a row. Might happen again?

We got 32K in round 17 against West Coast off some patchy form. Wouldn't be impossible to get an extra 3K in the same time slot given the opening game always generates excitement.

Or perhaps everyone that was on the fence about attending that game attended, as compared to the later GWS and Port games where many people erred on the side of staying home.

If we get the Dogs for the fourth year in a row for round 1, then clearly it's high on our request list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roost it far said:

You run toward your fear not away from it.

Up the middle, that's where the action is!

Always attack an opponent's strengths, not weaknesses. No-one expects you to attack the strongest part of the fort. Take life by its little bunny ears and get in its face, because that my friend is LIVING! 

Edited by layzie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

We got 32K in round 17 against West Coast off some patchy form. Wouldn't be impossible to get an extra 3K in the same time slot given the opening game always generates excitement.

Or perhaps everyone that was on the fence about attending that game attended, as compared to the later GWS and Port games where many people erred on the side of staying home.

If we get the Dogs for the fourth year in a row for round 1, then clearly it's high on our request list.

IIRC kids went free to this year’s WC game. Although we do tend to get bigger crowds earlier in the year with the better weather and the optimism. 

• Like 2