POSTGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

This is what I thought too. Whilst we don’t get the result we all wanted, I thought we played with great intensity and physicality for the first time in weeks 

Clarrys quick hands were back

viney the bull was back

maxs tap work was back

Viney, chandler, kozzie and clarry - 27 tackles combined 

Kolt getting in zorkos face all night - loved it

I hated losing but was glad to see some of the demon dna back on show tonight  

But yet another loss!! Gawd; Chandler, Petty and Hairstyle were again very ordinary!, We aint playin Finals!!

7 minutes ago, picket fence said:

But yet another loss!! Gawd; Chandler, Petty and Hairstyle were again very ordinary!, We aint playin Finals!!

I think most have accepted that fact. I have only two favours to ask from the gods.

Round 23 Beat Collingwood and make sure to go in extra hard with all knees and elbows. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Bowserpower said:

But we tried hard, doesn't that count fo itr something?

Nup it aint under 12 footy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1858 said:

Flicking the switch from attacking to safe mode plays with players' heada at tines. I'm not surprised we saw some dumb mistakes in the final quarter.

Instinct becomes at odds with instruction and you end up defaulting to dumb [censored].

Listening to Goodwin in the after game pressers over the years. Dour, uninspiring summations and never takes ownership. I reckon he has mastered the art of sublinally blaming the players without actually coming out and blaming them. We always need to "work harder".

Tonight he said we played too safe in the final quarter. Doesn't elaborate on why though. Leaves us to assume it was player error even though he likely directed that [censored]. Bit of a sly communicator at tines.

Goody = Master of spin, never takes responsibility! Your team Simon, yep Yours!

• Like 2

This loss really hurt.  REALLY HURT. I was praying that we’d cause the upset and defy the feral Brisbane crowd. We had them. We stopped.  We needed to kick a goal in the last quarter.  How did we go from 9.5 to 11.15. FFS. Needed to get Zorko back.  Now they have beaten us twice this year.

Hurts.  Really hurts.  Really hurts !!

• Like 4

I think you can only say / write that you deserved to win something if you did actually win. Not if you lost but think you should have won. If we had won though I think we would have been a deserving winner. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

I think you can only say / write that you deserved to win something if you did actually win. Not if you lost but think you should have won. If we had won though I think we would have been a deserving winner. 

I’ve read this three times and I still don’t get it 😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DutchDemons said:

I'm happy we showed more ticker. I'm happy the kids are playing. I'm happy the club didn't completely embarrass itself. Onwards and upwards boys.

ANW. MCVEE.  RIVERS. JVR. KOZZY. THROLSTRUP. WINDSOR. All are part of our future. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’ve read this three times and I still don’t get it 😅

Hey WCW. You'll probably know better than me but doesn't saying "we deserved to win" imply that you won? Or is it me that's got it wrong?? 😂

Edited by Rab D Nesbitt

10 minutes ago, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Hey WCW. You'll probably know better than me but doesn't saying "we deserved to win" imply that you won? Or is it me that's got it wrong?? 😂

I think about Steven Bradbury: did he deserve to win? Probably not since it was luck that saw him win Gold. But in regards to last night, absolutely we deserved to win. Why? Because I said so. That’s it, got nothing else. 🤷‍♀️ 

I’m at the airport, only got two hours sleep and currently guzzling an enormous coffee which is doing zilch in terms of making me feel human again. My thoughts are all over the shop. 😭

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

ANW. MCVEE.  RIVERS. JVR. KOZZY. THROLSTRUP. WINDSOR. All are part of our future. 

And Pup. ❤️💙

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I think about Steven Bradbury: did he deserve to win? Probably not since it was luck that saw him win Gold. But in regards to last night, absolutely we deserved to win. Why? Because I said so. That’s it, got nothing else. 🤷‍♀️ 

I’m at the airport, only got two hours sleep and currently guzzling an enormous coffee which is doing zilch in terms of making me feel human again. My thoughts are all over the shop. 😭

I feel ya. We did the 24 hour cheer squad bus trip to Cararra and back to watch us lose by 5 points to the Bears in their second home game in the competition. Left an hour after the game for the return trip after we'd loaded the flags and poles back onboard and were using a huge plastic red surround that the poles slipped into at the time that weighed a ton and smelt awful. Some of your older travelling partners may remember it. I think we had Banana Bender Busters written on the front of the run through with the Ghostbusters symbol and a banana wearing sunglasses in place of the ghost 😂

Maybe I need to take it to a higher court of appeal and ask @Demonstone ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dee*ceiving said:

Just get games into the kids now.  

AMW

KOLT

PUP

TURNER

JEFFO 

find an FA or two, plus trac, melk back next year...go dees

Absolutely! Keep playing these new blokes - they are showing signs upon which we will benefit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Is the Petty fwd experiment finished?

Surely if Melksham can start next game we can send Petty back to his natural position?

I hear where you are coming from but if we bring another long term injured player straight into the team without a hit out at Casey I will lose it. Our player management / selection this year has been horrendous and I think will ultimately cost us a finals spot. Petty, Salem, Bowey, Fritsch, McAdam even arguably  Clarrie as examples rushed straight into the team after long injury lay-off or limited pre season and have been poor. The whole of the match committee group need to have an honest review of their year.

• Like 5

Result sucks, massive effort by the boys. 

Probably the first time I’ve said this, but it felt the two teams were umpired differently. No 12 being the main offender and May letting him know all about it too.

• Like 5

Bitterly disappointing. We played brilliantly at times and almost got it done.

Me, I'm done with the Petty as a forward option. I was for the idea when there was no-one else, when Brown and Tmac both looked done but it is now killing us. Some misses  - great torp - I could forgive but the third quarter routine shot drifting away did it. It really is not that hard and we know TMac can do it, so Petty back and TMac forward...pleeeeaaase.

Turner is coming on really well and looks like a cool head in front of goal, that jittery miss on KB aside. Petty should take note and probably has tried to, but no, it's done. Love ya Harry but go back where you belong. and I don't mean South Australia.

The compensation, cool light of the morning thought is that if we replicate that attack on the ball and that team running  for the next two months we can still make the eight and maybe get another crack at those tossers at the Gabba. If not, well, we are going to put some quality time into the next generation who, I thought, all stood up really well. Kolt in particular looks so ready for the contest and AMW was silky and cool. Turner, Woey did their bit, but Brown was treated badly. Fresh legs from late in the third term would have been handy.

Rivers is looking more and more at home in the middle and let's be excited for Clarry. What a comeback!

The umpires were a disgrace and should be spoken to, but won't be. I honestly thought they treated us with a lack of respect early, as if they thought the anticipated thrashing was on and they were going to get on board and add to the momentum like their pals last week against North. They cost us two goals. I'd need to see the Rivers' run on GPS to be convinced he went too far. I can't remember the last time I saw that penalty. Maybe he deserved it, but I counted 13 steps which is usually considered OK. That decision hurt as did the overturned May mark on the wing that resulted in a goal. I liked May's comment to the "senior umpire" whose conscience should trouble him, but won't.

So the umpires were rubbish but that's par: we had our chances and failed to nail them. Langdon I never expected to kick accurately for goal because he rarely does. It's the only knock on his game. He and Petty should be embarrassed this morning but it's always been a game of mistakes.

Bright side: we're (on the way) back!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Ok 3165.

Settle down.

Don't you bore yourself with the constant calling of other posts as rubbish.

People have a right to post.

Try and pull your head in and stop post garbage all the time.

If you are upset over the word rubbish you need to get a life, or stop being precious.