PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

4 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Is that the first session back?

I have no knowledge, but would think that they would be back training Thursday. Gives them almost a week break, and gives them 3 session plus captains run. They may even train tomorrow, Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday. 

Assuming decent weather this should be a regulation win.

Other than BBB who I think would benefit from a longer break and the compulsory in for Salem and the return of Picket I'd like to see the team settle. Fullarton in for the week to take 50% ruck and to give JVR some more forward time. Max to be used more sparingly.

We have seven matches to the mid season bye. Realistically to finish top 4 we need to go 5-2. That's a tough ask as 4 of our opponents are Collingwood, Carlton, Freo and Geelong. Each of these games are at best 60/40.

I'm moderately happy with the team progress to date but the time to get the forward line bedded down is fast running out. Petty should have had a game or two more at Casey but he has now been back for three games and should be match fit.

• Clap 1

3 hours ago, Fat Tony said:

Petty typically provides average pressure for a key forward but he’s had a limited preseason so I think he’s down a bit in that regard this season. 

Brown is all offence. He needs 3 goals per game to be a positive. 

Yeah I meant to suggest that Petty will up his defensive game over the coming weeks as he gets game fit.

They have to kick it to Brown not just lob it forward as in the past.

Taj looked a little fish out of water down back but it wouldn't feel right to leave him out and retain Kolt based on their respective performances. 

Perhaps Taj moves into Billings role allowing us to bring in a proper defender like Hore? 

Then Kozzie for Kolt, Kolt will be better for the run. His next chance will come before long.

The game against Richmond needs to setup a squad ready to take on Geelong and Carlton the following fortnight, then WCE away. We should be looking to go at worst 3-1 in that month but also achieve some rest for the likes of Brown & Gawn and build some form in Clayton & Petty. 

Edited by Dee*ceiving
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to be disrespectful, but I don't think Richmond are very good.  This may shock a few of you.

We want to be building momentum towards the finals, as well as making sure as much of the squad is AFL-ready and at peak fitness at the right time. 

Given Brayshaws retirement, the injuries and our draw, I think we are going really well at the moment.  The evenness of the comp means that depth is needed to cover injuries.

I like the idea of giving Fullarton a run, not just to give JVR more time up forward, but to get him "in the system" and give Max a bit of a break.  We've given Schache more than enough chances IMO.  Very, very happy to be proven wrong.

Hunter should be given a go, either to "manage" Windsor or give Billings / Taj / Koltyn a spell.  Koz to come in for any of them.

Not sure I love Oliver down back - would actually love to see him up forward if he's not in the middle.

• Like 2
  • Clap 1

1 hour ago, BLWNBA said:

Would be interested to see if there's any track watchers out who can give some observations of todays session. 

I rang the Club yesterday and asked if they were training at Gosch’s this morning, and while she didn’t say they’re not training, she also didn’t say they were. She told me “the next open training session at Gosch’s will be next Tuesday” (Captain’s Run). Emphasis on ‘open.’

Idk about @Demon Dynasty, but @kev martinwasn’t able to attend anyways. I’m guessing no one from DL attended. 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I rang the Club yesterday and asked if they were training at Gosch’s this morning, and while she didn’t say they’re not training, she also didn’t say they were. She told me “the next open training session at Gosch’s will be next Tuesday” (Captain’s Run). Emphasis on ‘open.’

Idk about @Demon Dynasty, but @kev martinwasn’t able to attend anyways. I’m guessing no one from DL attended. 🤷‍♀️ 

I had something else on WC.  Next Tues shld be ok though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demon Dynasty said:

I had something else on WC.  Next Tues shld be ok though

Yep. A closed session at Gosch’s isn’t possible but this is as close to a closed session as they can get. They clearly didn’t really want spectators and definitely didn’t want supporter/player engagement. This is totally understandable imo.

So, it’s gotta be said, DD… see you next Tuesday 🤭

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

A question for anyone who regularly watches matches from overseas; I am going to be away for this game sadly, and unlikely to be able to watch it live as I'll be on a flight during the game itself.

I therefore don't want to pay for a live pass to watch from overseas, but wondering if there is somewhere I can watch the replay for free later? 

23 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

A question for anyone who regularly watches matches from overseas; I am going to be away for this game sadly, and unlikely to be able to watch it live as I'll be on a flight during the game itself.

I therefore don't want to pay for a live pass to watch from overseas, but wondering if there is somewhere I can watch the replay for free later? 

The afl app has match replays available for every game, usually uploaded a day later 

• Clap 1

Some training pics up on the website. McAdam is in the gallery, hopefully it’s fully participating in drills.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Doesn't the AFL put full match replays up on their site about 12 hours after the match?

Sorry already covered by MrFreeze!

Edited by Demon Dynasty

52 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Yep. A closed session at Gosch’s isn’t possible but this is as close to a closed session as they can get. They clearly didn’t really want spectators and definitely didn’t want supporter/player engagement. This is totally understandable imo.

So, it’s gotta be said, DD… see you next Tuesday 🤭

Sounds like a plan WC 🤙🏻

Edited by Demon Dynasty
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrFreeze said:

The afl app has match replays available for every game, usually uploaded a day later 

15 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Doesn't the AFL put full match replays up on their site about 12 hours after the match?

Sorry already covered by MrFreeze!

Thanks, would those be available to view from overseas, or would I need a VPN?

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Other than countries like China / Russia etc i doubt you would need one Jaded.

The only trouble you might have could come down to the quality of the internet feed and bandwidth that's capable of handling the stream

A bit of trial and error involved. Get your overseas feed going from here maybe?  I know Voda have international roaming for a miserly $5 extra a day or something.  You might need to set the quality of the stream to a low setting also if having probs getting it to play back.

Having said that, the AFL sometimes block OS i.p. addresses i think so yeh you still might need a decent VPN to view

Edited by Demon Dynasty

11 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I am not sure but you could check by attempting to watch any random game from this year

9 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Other than countries like China / Russia etc i doubt you would need one Jaded.

Well just my luck I'm going to China

I have watched AFL games from there before by paying for a pass on the AFL overseas site, but never tried watching replays on the AFL site itself.

I am going to have my roaming turned on with Optus so that's not really an issue, more whether the site will load as normally most Australian sites do not work without a VPN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Some training pics up on the website. McAdam is in the gallery, hopefully it’s fully participating in drills.

And Petty at least got a touch,   not sure it can score if its only a handball.  Still not sure how the forwards are supposed to play well if we lobb the ball long and high.  Kick it to their lead or into space. 

Saw 2 blatant attacks by us into open forward and we just kicked it long and high to a waiting Bears player.

Need a strong side to play well, get the points, get some confidence, and I hope percentage

53 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Well just my luck I'm going to China

I have watched AFL games from there before by paying for a pass on the AFL overseas site, but never tried watching replays on the AFL site itself.

I am going to have my roaming turned on with Optus so that's not really an issue, more whether the site will load as normally most Australian sites do not work without a VPN

Yes that's correct.

Make sure you download a decent VPN before you arrive.

Even doing all that, the feed might be so bad / slow that it might not work.

You in a major city such as Beijing or Shanghai when the match is on?

Edited by Demon Dynasty

1 hour ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Yes that's correct.

Make sure you download a decent VPN before you arrive.

Even doing all that, the feed might be so bad / slow that it might not work.

You in a major city such as Beijing or Shanghai when the match is on?

Sadly no. I’ll be flying from Yiwu to Guangzhong.
I’m pretty much screwed 😂 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Sadly no. I’ll be flying from Yiwu to Guangzhong.
I’m pretty much screwed 😂 

Oh boy.  Yeh you could be toast.  That's like flying to the outer rim!

Serious Star Wars GIF by Disney+

• Haha 4
  • Clap 1