Brownlow votes 2024 progress thread

Dees after 4 games should again have a few players up in the votes. I’ll try to update weekly or periodic.  

v Swans 

Likely no Dees players get votes 

only JV7 could be considered for a vote 

v Dogs 

Likely votes 

M.Gawn 3 C.Oliver 2 S.May 1 

Trac might get a 1 vote 

v Hawks 

Likely votes 

C.Petracca 3 M.Gawn 2 B.Fritsch 1 

v Port 

M.Gawn 3. ANB 1 (Butters will probably get the two votes). Trac might squeeze a 1 vote but unlikely. 

so after 4 rounds likely Gawn to have between 5-7 votes, Trac 3-5 votes and Clarry 2-3 votes 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Dees after 4 games should again have a few players up in the votes. I’ll try to update weekly or periodic.  

v Swans 

v Dogs 

Likely votes 

Trac might get a 1 vote 

v Hawks 

Likely votes 

v Port 

M.Gawn 3. ANB 1 (Butters will probably get the two votes). Trac might squeeze a 1 vote but unlikely. 

so after 4 rounds likely Gawn to have between 5-7 votes, Trac 3-5 votes and Clarry 2-3 votes 

Would be disappointed if ANB didn't get at least 2 votes - he repeatedly stood and delivered for us when the game threatened to go Port's way in the 3rd.

• Like 2

Last night I think it’s almost unanimous that the votes are headed by Trac.  For me it’s likely to be

3 C.Petracca

2 J.Dawson - yes the umps were so crows biased, he will steal 2 votes 😡

1 M.Gawn

May or Lever or Mcvee could vote but backline players mostly get ignored

so after 5 games, likely Gawn to have between 6-8 votes, Trac also on 6-8votes and Clarry 2-3 votes. 

• Thanks 1

On 31/03/2024 at 14:39, spirit of norm smith said:

v Swans 

v Dogs 

Likely votes 

Trac might get a 1 vote 

v Hawks 

Likely votes 

v Port 

Hope you are right. Max is still at 100/1 - same as Grundy which is ridiculous -  and I am on him.

• Clap 2

Gawn has managed double-figures Brownlow votes six times, including 20 in 2018. So it is possible.

By the numbers this season you could realistically make the case that he is playing his best football. The only stat that he's down on is contested marks but that can be changed with one clunking game. His stubborn refusal to kick his 100th goal might be a problem.

Every once in a while it blows my mind to reflect on how good Max is. He has been monstrously dominant in three games already this season and very, very good in another, but by the numbers this is all just normal.

Anyway, currently on 99 goals, 97 behinds. Which will hit the ton first and will we all be storming the pitch? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/03/2024 at 14:39, spirit of norm smith said:

v Swans 

2 goals, 30 disposals, 7 tackles, seeing we lost it may not be as high on the list but should at least get 1 vote hopefully. Something like the below

3 - Heeney
2 - Grundy
1 - Viney

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Lions players will grab all the votes.  They were 8 goals up before the last 15 minutes saw the Dees actually find the footy in the contest and kick the last 4 goals.  Gawn was clearly our best and may get a 1 vote but I think it’s unlikely.
Probably after 6 games, Gawn sits between 6-8 votes, Trac also on 6-8votes
 and Clarry 2-3 votes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

V the cats, like to see either May or Lever in the votes.  With the Dees win, likely it’s 

3-S.May

2- M.Holmes

1- M.Gawn

so projected votes have Gawn between 10-12votes, Trac around 6-8votes , May on potentially 6-7 votes and Clarry modestly on 2-3 votes.

• Thanks 1

We won’t be winning the brownlow and i couldn’t care less

we have 5-6 guns who take votes off each other which is great 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.