• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

we Will beat the kangaroos!

Gorgoroth

Take a tablet and have a rest Jarka.

For all of Clints's marvellous insight there is no guarantee that sacking the coach will lead to a better outcome.

FWIW, Clint wanted him gone when we were winning last year.

Its amazing we cant even get a reasonable competitive team on the track and the mindless witch hunt goes on.

So given any of the assistants are part of this terrible debacle how can they be reasonably appointed to the caretake role?

Its pity misguided passion has overlooked a bit of deeper thought.

Light your torches and hit the streets fellas!

You just can't help yourself can you RR? The sad thing is that you're actually very intelligent when you're dishing out smartarse personal comments, and by going on the replies it's good to see that the majority of people on this site can see through you.

You should take the advice from your fellow mods.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just ridiculous. So if we win and go 1 - 8, then it changes.

Yes, I think it does to some extent. A win this week shows that ND ACTUALLY HAS THE ABILITY TO REGISTER A WIN in the nations premier code. How many codes in the world would tolerate 9 straight losses to start a season in any professional league. At the moment he either can't squeeze his troops over the line (ie Port and Dogs games) or conceding cricket scores.

Last week against the Eagles may have been a defining (negative) moment in that the side could easily just [censored] the season away and give up. If thats the case, just give the gig to anyone who's got half a clue.

A win this week could change all this and prove that the players are playing for their coach...yes I know they all love and admire him but thats not translating into results. I'll reserve my judgement till after this week.

No I'll be fair, I'll reserve my judgement till after round 15 when we've played winnable games against Richmond, Essendon, Carlton and to an extent Collingwood.

Its not that I hate Neale Daniher, but I'm just looking at the cold harsh realities of coaching a winless team 2 months into the season.

Guest baysidedave
i beleive we will beat them, without wells playing we can concentrate on their other mids, we have better forwards and i beleive our backs match them quite well

if our midfield fires we will win, we do get a lot of hard balls and we need to match them in that and intesity and we will win

go dees

yeah i reckon we might but if we don't.................................

IMO we will beat the Kangas.

And I know tis a little off topic but if we lose why is 0-9 so much worse than 0-8?

Even if we win our current position on the ladder can't be elevated.

People may want Daniher gone - I can understand that.

IMO it should be after the season is concluded and if before it should be because he has resigned NOT because the board have sacked him.

I see where you are coming from Rhino, but let me ask you this...

10 years ago, Daniher took over the club. Since then, we have had a new board, new president, new assistant coaches, new captain and most importantly new players. Everything has changed since 1997... everything but Neale Daniher.

So when he is the only constant in a premiership-less period, who else can we look to for answers?

I don't think it is misguided to want Daniher gone, although I agree that a mid-season sacking achieves nothing but further turmoil.

Well said Jaded.....

I also believe sacking him now would prove to be a disaster, maybe even more so than the bloody awful position we are in now.

But what happens at the end of the year, that is a totally different story.

I see its Daniher not the players.

And I am not sure that this is an "either-or" equation.

Both parties are responsible. But at the end of the day there is a man in charge and therefore the buck stops with the coach.

The players are under performing, but is that purely their fault or form, or are there other reasons?

Have they heard the message before and is it not getting through any more?

Is it a coaching problem, or a manpower problem, or a combination of the two?

Of course the list will get turned over at the end of the season, and the players are never above reproach, and plenty get hooked into around here.

But a coach, especially one who has built this particular list nearly from the ground up over a ten year tenure, must be held accountable for what has happened throughout the course of a disastrous season both in the planning and in the subsequent results, such as they are, on the field.

We will just have to wait and see, but I don't see anything happening before seasons end.

this thread is as schizophrenic as our team... so first point - why we will win:

Take a look at the team in isolation from the 0-8. We would expect that this team would have won this game last year (by a good margin). Rivers Sylvia and Mclean are icing on the cake.

There were patches of 'good footy' against the Coke sniffers. I doubt the Poos have the capacity to hit back in 3-4 goal bursts like WC.

Some good players have found a bit of form.

BUT: We are a confidence team. Heads up, we are race-horses. Tails beween our legs, we are donkeys. It all comes down to what they believe as to how they will do. This is not about talent, it is about heart. (The confidence issue is why I reckon they are schizophrenic).

Now, on ND.

Does anyone thinks he says to the team "no one percenters this quarter, fellas." or "make sure you do one too many handballs and pass it to a stationary player", or "don't worry about defensive pressure, its over-rated".

The problem is not the message, but maybe how it is being sent and received? If they have no confidence, and believe their performance is based on 'stats', then this is what you get. Change the B&F voting to the number of one percenters and see what happens.

When is the 'right time' for a replacement? Not until the end of the year. And not until the board decides it is in the best interests of the club. Its up to them. (If we dont like it, we can change the board! - thats democracy in action for you!).

Even the Roos supporters belive this!

If you want proof go to www.searchingkangaroo.com and see this topic there (Title: Melbourne will beat us on Sunday), it is a very entertaining read.

They are also willing to wager beers on the match.

not 100% of this as relevent ..but thoguht it an interesting observation by a mate ( who's been many years in the ADF )

He too is suffering the pain and was asking me why our beloved Dees are cactus at present.

his gem was noting that inthe forces you can have competent men/women who may fail to respond/perform if they suspect/know that the person in charge isnt quite up to the job. People start mentally second guessing orders etc. hey still do what is told ( they have to ) but there's that niggle in the back of your mind .."is this really a good idea ?" etc.

they try to avoid it in the forces lol... people get killed apparently...in footy you just get smashed !!

Great post QueenC.

Thanks Clint, not too bad an bad effort for 3am ;) !!!

Oh, and I think we can beat the Kangaroos, and desperately hope that we will.......

I remember this game last year... Jones had a blinder...Neeta was true.. all things were firing on most cylinders. we ran through th emiddle ( eventually) but at times made silly mistakes with options. At times we did our best to lose this game...til we remembered to win it. ( those there will understand what i mean ) .

Something else that i recall was you dare not give these boys an inch...they will punish you.

They are kicking goals...we arent.. ( lowest in league )...they are going for six on the trot...we havent started

They think we're soft...and quite frankly we are at the moment. Macca ought to bring back some serious mettle and Robbo some fire power.

we'll need 120 mins plus of effort.. anything less and the shinboners will make us pay.

Other than the doggies probably the most winnable game thus far.

The most important element to me is we need to hit running targets...or we lose.

Go Dees

Kangas will win this weekend and it will be so much better after GLLH's comments on our forum.

Your team and coach may be better, you may have more members but you shall not win.

Neita is old and McLean lacks match fitness. The only player that usually gives us trouble is Robertson...

You guys can't even explain why you will win and seem to only want Daniher sacked. The same with the Carlton, Essendon and even my own team's forums.

Kangas will win this weekend and it will be so much better after GLLH's comments on our forum.

Your team and coach may be better, you may have more members but you shall not win.

Neita is old and McLean lacks match fitness. The only player that usually gives us trouble is Robertson...

You guys can't even explain why you will win and seem to only want Daniher sacked. The same with the Carlton, Essendon and even my own team's forums.

Welcome to Demonland Pezza D.