Good news week (positive news only)

1 hour ago, 58er said:

No because you are Half empty from head to toe. Not in your nature to compliment. 

26 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

That’s completely untrue

I find Roost and a few others play an important role to steadying my mood after a disappointing loss. It's like the steam coming out his ears is releasing pressure from inside my head as well.

The extent to which I agree socially validates the frustration I'm also feeling. The extent to which I think Roost sometimes goes too far resets my thinking to argue the case for the positive.

We're an ecosystem in here. The demonland terrarium!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 4

20 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, DZ. But because they live in Poland I’ll not be able to hold the little bundle of joy probs until mid next year when they visit Aus. All good though, meantime I’ll be spoiling and fawning from afar. 😅

My son and his partner aren’t into footy at all. But of course they know how much I adore our beloved Dees. Last night I told them I’m gonna buy MFC and DA membership for the yet-to-be-born little one. My son’s reply…

7736845A-70ED-4BEA-B660-4D09B74355D2.thumb.jpeg.000b52d8011c2ddc9a159eb9cc0fd8da.jpeg

Funny [censored]-er, isn’t he. 🙄 

Congratulations WCW .... I became a grandparent just over a year ago. I can certainly recommend it.

My daughter is a Demon (of course). We watched the GF together. And one of my most treasured photos is of the 2 of us with the Premiership Cup. However her husband is Carlton, and he's more 'into' footy than my daughter, so my beautiful granddaughter will be a Bluebagger.

It could be worse ... filth, Essendon, Richmond, Jee-long ... (I'd forgotten how many teams I really hate.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

I find Roost and a few others play an important role to steadying my mood after a disappointing loss. It's like the steam coming out his ears is releasing pressure from inside my head as well.

The extent to which I agree socially validates the frustration I'm also feeling. The extent to which I think Roost sometimes goes too far resets my thinking to argue the case for the positive.

We're an ecosystem in here. The demonland terrarium!

Hahaha, I think you’ll find I’ve been very positive in years gone by. I’m just not feeling it this year even though I still believe we can win, I just think it more likely we’ll crash and burn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

Hahaha, I think you’ll find I’ve been very positive in years gone by. I’m just not feeling it this year even though I still believe we can win, I just think it more likely we’ll crash and burn. 

Not gonna lie;

Going through a football season thinking 'we should be on top of this' while the team stumbles around with all-too-familiar problems is agony.

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, bush demon said:

Did l hear to be listed "available" if successful session on Thursday? (Petty)

This is incredible and I don't know how to feel about it. Part of me says get him in if he gets through the session, another part says hold him back a week to make sure there aren't going to be issues. I just think of last season with Oliver and how he pushed himself just that little bit too hard when he was only a week away and set himself back another month.

But as this is the positive thread I'll just say I'm happy to hear he's back on the track!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 58er said:

No because you are Half empty from head to toe. Not in your nature to compliment. 

Or so it appears, OD.

Don’t let that dour exterior fool you. I PM back n forth with the Rooster and truth be known he’s a big ‘ol softie 🥹

He’s sweetness and light and all that’s good in the world. 

His glass ain’t even half full, it’s full to the brim… of marshmallows. 😃

There, that should shut him up 😄

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Or so it appears, OD.

Don’t let that dour exterior fool you. I PM back n forth with with Rooster and truth be known he’s a big ‘ol softie 🥹

He’s sweetness and light and all that’s good in the world. 

His glass ain’t even half full, it’s full to the brim… of marshmallows. 😃

There, that should shut him up 😄

That's an apt description of me although I'm not a marshmallow fan.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Yes good point D17. 

I was surprised how their depleted midfield performed.

Looking on the upside as bad as we played in patches we were in front at the 3 quarter mark and could have taken the chocolates.

That's why I'm still optimistic. The team does have character now and is never blown away by final siren in a loss

Viney is wonderful

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

That's why I'm still optimistic. The team does have character now and is never blown away by final siren in a loss

Viney is wonderful

I would say pound for pound he would be one of the strongest players about.

He just shakes tackles off and that goal of his was a perfect example.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

I finally found the bloody keys to my Royal Enfield.

Been looking for ages.

Is it the Indian Enfield? Saw a lot of those on the roads in India… magnificent!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

He just shakes tackles off and that goal of his was a perfect example

He still gets me worried when he tries to take on too much rather than attempt to hand off the ball when he has the opportunity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hardtack said:

He still gets me worried when he tries to take on too much rather than attempt to hand off the ball when he has the opportunity.

I'd say that was more than a Tracca trait Hardtack.

• Like 1

Just now, leave it to deever said:

I'd say that was more than a Tracca trait Hardtack.

Yes, he does tend to do it as well (I’d rate them almost even in that department 😁)… it’s frustrating. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Is it the Indian Enfield? Saw a lot of those on the roads in India… magnificent!!

Yes it's Deluxe Bullet 500cc.

Some Indian company bought the name and started making them again in a very traditional looking manner but with a lot of modern conveniences like efi and a few other things.

They are a staple workhorse in India. You see three people on them.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

Some Indian company bought the name and started making them again in a very traditional looking manner but with a lot of modern conveniences like efi and a few other things.

They are a staple workhorse in India. You see three people on them.

I was there a long time ago (early 1989 I think it was), so I’m not sure whether there were using modern conveniences at that time (were they even available to those motorcycles produced in the west, back then?). But yes, you’d see them everywhere loaded to the hilt with both produce and human cargo. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I was there a long time ago (early 1989 I think it was), so I’m not sure whether there were using modern conveniences at that time (were they even available to those motorcycles produced in the west, back then?). But yes, you’d see them everywhere loaded to the hilt with both produce and human cargo. 

Always wanted to visit India.

Is it true what they say?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leave it to deever said:

Always wanted to visit India.

Is it true what they say?

That it's a brave tourist India that trusts a fart.

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2024 at 17:46, WalkingCivilWar said:

Never mind the vodka, Lex. But maybe you could drop these off for me…

2707F07B-D2D2-4320-868D-6478588F014D.thumb.jpeg.ed117c19aaabdb283a2a0f202c8949d5.jpeg

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙💙💙❤️💙

Are you not telling us something WCW, are they babies booties ?

Sorry just read you are about to be a grand mother, congratulations.

Edited by loges
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, leave it to deever said:

I recently bought a Mash Five Hundred - part of the modern 'retro bike' renaissance. Pretty chuffed with it.  

Mash Five Hundred Green 650 cc | Mash Motorcycles

• Like 2