Jump to content

Maynard must get at least four weeks


leave it to deever

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Monbon said:

You haven't even considered the most obvious deduction yet: That it was Brayshaw's fault because he ran into poor, stationary and innocent Maynard who only had eyes for the ball. Angus should get 6 weeks for damaging Maynard's reputation as a thug: Maynard is INNOCENT - HE WAS PROTECTING HIMSELF FROM A VISCOUS BRAYSHAW ATTACK.

Yeah true. If he stood still he could have been bowled over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, binman said:

It's one thing saying we need the broadcaster's dollars to grow the game, pay the players etc etc. It's quite another to sell the soul of the sport to the highest bidder. The symbiotic, parasitic relationship between 7, Fox and SEN is at the heart of the rot in the sport. 

I suspect this finals season has been the tipping point for a lot of people and their relationship with AFL broadcasting. I love going to the footy, but I can’t stand it on the TV.

For me Thursday nights TV was the pinnacle. Angus Brayshaw lay motionless in the middle of the MCG for an off the ball incident that will control the AFL media landscape for the next 2 weeks - but the broadcaster was showing us De Goey limping because he rolled his ankle.

Their pandering isn’t helping anyone, and least of all the game. If Kayo had the option to just watch the game with crowd noise I’m guessing 80% of the audience would watch it.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

People saying they want justice.

There's no justice in all of this. If rumours are true that Gus could give the game away from this incident then there's no justice at all.

Someone's career is potentially taken away from him but yet the offender only misses 3-4 weeks? 

No good outcomes out of this.

According to DubDee,  Gus wears the Helmut to pacify his mother's concern. Given the injuries to other family members mentioned by Jaded No More, it is not inconceivable for Gus to call it a day. Maybe it's the best thing for him, but would be a gut wrenching call for the young man. I'm not going to say I hope he doesn't because it's none of my business. 

I will say that now I hope Maynard gets more than four.

Any ideas as to when will we find out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I suspect this finals season has been the tipping point for a lot of people and their relationship with AFL broadcasting. I love going to the footy, but I can’t stand it on the TV.

For me Thursday nights TV was the pinnacle. Angus Brayshaw lay motionless in the middle of the MCG for an off the ball incident that will control the AFL media landscape for the next 2 weeks - but the broadcaster was showing us De Goey limping because he rolled his ankle.

Their pandering isn’t helping anyone, and least of all the game. If Kayo had the option to just watch the game with crowd noise I’m guessing 80% of the audience would watch it.

Let’s not even mention that half the channel 7 team frothing at their mouth were very close to Danny Frawley, who won’t get to walk Danielle down the aisle and see her marry Gus because he ended his life due to the impact of ECT. 
The utter lack of respect was astounding. 

I can’t imagine the decision Gus has to make. Nor how his entire family must be feeling. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

People saying they want justice.

There's no justice in all of this. If rumours are true that Gus could give the game away from this incident then there's no justice at all.

Someone's career is potentially taken away from him but yet the offender only misses 3-4 weeks? 

No good outcomes out of this.

Your right. Nothing is going to give justice if it’s the end of his career.

That bump probably had a major influence on the outcome of the game too. Him coping a suspension won’t change that. 
It would however really turn me off the game if he doesn’t get suspended and helps Pies to a flag. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, D4Life said:

Well congratulations to Laura Kane if she did! Showing courage to do the right thing.

Multiple reasons:

- Maynard chose to take Brayshaw out, total rubbish he had no other choice

- Footballers, ex footballers seem to stupid, or thick to realise, it’s to their benefit to protect the head, perfect example is Barry Mitchell father of Tom, life massively impacted by head collision trauma 

- Tom Mitchell’s action highlights his level of stupidity, obviously forgot his fathers problems

- Richo, BT & co. Must have had incredibly thick skulls not to have been more severely impacted by the hits taken, but why they protect weak dog acts is beyond me

- Could write pages on this topic but enough said!

Most important point - hopefully Brayshaw is okay, for now and rest of his life!

Worst part is so many hang off their every moronic word. 

Add Dunstall, JB and "Clickbait" Cornes. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Earl Hood said:

The side vision is telling and brutal with Maynard travelling at full speed toward Brayshaw. If Brayshaw had fumbled and not got the kick away, I am sure Maynard would have just continued on, colliding with Angus. We know what the intention was. The days of white line fever play are over. It was careless conduct so must wear the consequences. For some reason it has taken all day for the MRO to handball it to the tribunal where I am sure the lawyers will get him off. 

So you mean to tell me it’s acceptable to jump at full pace at a defenceless kicker, knock them out and say it’s just a ‘football act’? 
laughable 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Let’s not even mention that half the channel 7 team frothing at their mouth were very close to Danny Frawley, who won’t get to walk Danielle down the aisle and see her marry Gus because he ended his life due to the impact of ECT. 
The utter lack of respect was astounding. 

I can’t imagine the decision Gus has to make. Nor how his entire family must be feeling. 

Even worse to think his uncle was there sitting with those jerks (7 commentators) and he didn't defend his nephew.

 

  • Like 5
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, ElDiablo14 said:

Even worse to think his uncle was there sitting with those jerks (7 commentators) and he didn't defend his nephew.

 

This. He would know his poor nephew’s history with head knocks and that his other nephew also had his jaw broken in an AFL game. He would probably know Anita and Danielle fairly well both thru Spud and Gus. He would know how his brother and sister in law would be feeling watching Gus get stretched off and probably in tears in the room afterward. It’s embarrassing how the media conducted itself, but what else is new?! 

These low IQ bubbling idiots masquerading as commentators, combined with poor cameras and inconsistent umpiring, makes games unbearable. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maynard knew exactly what he was doing and that was to take a player out.

No other outcome was possible when he chose to leave the ground and make front on contact , whether the ball was in the vicinity or not.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the tram after the game full of black and White dogs for some reason

over heard a number of conversations near to me

Most agreed that Maynard tried to hurt Angus and should be rubbed our for 4 to 6

but the kicker was THAT THE AFL WONT DO THAT BECAUSE THEY LOOK AFTER BIG CLUBS

the sheer arrogance is disturbing on many levels only made me angrier. Fortunately I  got off that tram before I engaged verbally

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While every commentator and his dog has gone out of their way to show their support for poor old Maynard, Leigh Mathews flat out said he should be suspended. Pure and simple.

And I like the argument people have put forward about whether Maynard would do the same thing at training/match simulation. I think we all know the answer.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm almost done with AFL broadcasts anyway. I didn't even watch last nights game. 

I dont know what JB said but it's probably not our place to say how he should feel or act in these situations.

 

I know I would expect better from my uncle.

  • Like 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

While every commentator and his dog has gone out of their way to show their support for poor old Maynard, Leigh Mathews flat out said he should be suspended. Pure and simple.

And I like the argument people have put forward about whether Maynard would do the same thing at training/match simulation. I think we all know the answer.

If Mathews says that than it's pretty much tge way it should be. He's probably hospitalised more than most.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Christian has more than overstayed his welcome as MRO. The system is terrible with one person effectively making the decisions and only reviewing things that are brought to his attention anyway. He is a boofhead whose sole credentials are that he played for Collingwood and was a commentator post-career.

Agree with all of that. I’ve met him several times over the years ( nothing to with footy but horses) and I would not  trust him as far as I could throw him to be neutral, non biased and fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A related aspect to Maynards cowardly assault on Gus is the impact it had on us winning that final, and the impact it may have on us in this finals series. Both detrimental.

So if the AFL is serious about stamping this out, they should be considering a "sin-bin" rule where if a player is concussed in a manner that is reportable then the reported player is removed from the playing field (subbed out) for as long as the injured player is...

After that hit, Maynard should not have been able to continue to play in that game.

The fact he did, while Gus didn't, was impactful on the team (Melbourne) that didn't break the rules (and spirit) of the game.

Still fuming.

Go Dees

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites


27 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm almost done with AFL broadcasts anyway. I didn't even watch last nights game. 

I dont know what JB said but it's probably not our place to say how he should feel or act in these situations.

 

Doubt Mark is thrilled that channel 7 interviewed Maynard post game in an effort to defend his actions, while his son was in the rooms with a possible career ending concussion. 
I know JB has literally no say in who channel 7 interviews post game tho, so it’s not like it was his call. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Michael Christian has more than overstayed his welcome as MRO. The system is terrible with one person effectively making the decisions and only reviewing things that are brought to his attention anyway. He is a boofhead whose sole credentials are that he played for Collingwood and was a commentator post-career.

Can you honestly say in the 5 years he's been in the job that things have gotten better?

I agree, it's time for him to go. Why did they go away from a panel in the first place? Too many chefs in the kitchen or some crud like that?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Doubt Mark is thrilled that channel 7 interviewed Maynard post game in an effort to defend his actions, while his son was in the rooms with a possible career ending concussion. 
I know JB has literally no say in who channel 7 interviews post game tho, so it’s not like it was his call. 

Yeah probably not, also didn't realise that was a channel 7 interview so yeah thumbs down jerks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

A related aspect to Maynards cowardly assault on Gus is the impact it had on us winning that final, and the impact it may have on us in this finals series. Both detrimental.

So if the AFL is serious about stamping this out, they should be considering a "sin-bin" rule where if a player is concussed in a manner that is reportable then the reported player is removed from the playing field (subbed out) for as long as the injured player is...

After that hit, Maynard should not have been able to continue to play in that game.

The fact he did, while Gus didn't, was impactful on the team (Melbourne) that didn't break the rules (and spirit) of the game.

Still fuming.

Go Dees

100% it was a major factor in them winning the game

Maynard would have gone into the first quarter looking to make a statement by flattening someone. he’ll do it again too. it got them into a prelim

great system AFL. Just like in the 2000 GF the team that breaks the rules and does the cheap shots gets rewarded

maybe we join em if we can’t beat em?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wisedog said:

I think that sums it up. If this was an innocent “footy act”, we would be seeing it a dozen times a game and multiple players concussed every week.

The vision of Kozzie show how players attempting to smother normally approach the kicker - that is to say - how players respond when they haven’t already decided to hit the kicker as hard as they can.

This kozzie vision is not helpful and you should stop sharing it. He's running at a 45 degree angle towards WHE and so of course misses him on the way down...it's entirely different to the angle Maynard was approaching from 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The heart beats true said:

Don’t tell my nephews that. Lucky to get a Christmas card. 🤣

Teenagers? Kind of expected 😅

I believe Angus is close to JB, it seemed that way during the 2021 GF post match.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    FROZEN by Whispering Jack

    Who would have thought?    Collingwood had a depleted side with several star players out injured, Max Gawn was in stellar form, Christian Petracca at the top of his game and Simon Goodwin was about to pull off a masterstroke in setting Alex Neal-Bullen onto him to do a fantastic job in subduing the Magpies' best player. Goody had his charges primed to respond robustly to the challenge of turning around their disappointing performance against Fremantle in Alice Springs. And if not that, t

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 7

    TURNAROUND by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons won their first game at home this year in the traditional King’s Birthday Weekend clash with Collingwood VFL on Sunday in a dramatic turnaround on recent form that breathed new life into the beleaguered club’s season. The Demons led from the start to record a 52-point victory. It was their highest score and biggest winning margin by far for the 2024 season. Under cloudy but calm conditions for Casey Fields, the home side, wearing the old Springvale guernsey as a mark of res

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

    After two disappointing back to back losses the Demons have the bye in Round 14 and then face perennial cellar dweller North Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday night in Round 15. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 110

    PODCAST: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 11th June @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Magpies in the Round 13 on Kings Birthday. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. L

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 35

    VOTES: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Magpies. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 41

    POSTGAME: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    Once again inaccuracy and inefficiency going inside 50 rears it's ugly head as the Demons suffered their second loss on the trot and their fourth loss in five games as they go down to the Pies by 38 points on Kings Birthday at the MCG.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 413

    GAMEDAY: Rd 13 vs Collingwood

    It's Game Day and the Demons are once again faced with a classic 8 point game against a traditional rival on King's Birthday at the MCG. A famous victory will see them reclaim a place in the Top 8 whereas a loss will be another blow for their finals credentials.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 941

    BOILED LOLLIES by The Oracle

    In the space of a month Melbourne has gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in terms of its standing as a candidate for the AFL premiership.  The club faces its moment of truth against a badly bruised up Collingwood at the MCG. A win will give it some respite but even then, it won’t be regarded particularly well being against an opponent carrying the burden of an injured playing list. A loss would be a disaster. The Demons have gone from a six/two win/loss ratio and a strong percentag

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

    CLEAN HANDS by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons headed into town and up Sydney Road to take on the lowly Coburg Lions who have been perennial VFL easy beats and sitting on one win for the season. Last year, Casey beat them in a practice match when resting their AFL listed players. That’s how bad they were. Nobody respected them on Saturday and clearly not the Demons who came to the game with 22 players (ten MFC), but whether they came out to play is another matter because for the most part, their intensity was lacking an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...