PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

5 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Can’t wait, my wife and I are flying in from Sydney. My mate and his partner who are Pies supporters are flying in from Perth. I was at a bbq last Saturday explaining this to league supporters and they just couldn’t get….

AFL  is the greatest game in the world, and we’ll be watching the oldest football club in the world play at the greatest sporting stadium. Hopefully back in another couple of weeks to see them hold the cup aloft.

Lesgue tickets are so accessible come finals, says a lot really.

League is "as tough as" but with a limited skill set compared to AFL.

But gee it's brutal

• Like 2

5 hours ago, binman said:

Maybe

Doesn't help them much but.

We are number 1 for ground ball gets inside 50 and number 1or 2 for ground ball get differential

The pies are worse than mid table for both stats..

Are you David King?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, IRW said:

Perhaps, but my other intuition is that they were short DeGoey and several others( yeah Daicos I know) and two theoretically equal sides tend to trade victories.

I know Pies fans who are nervous about this game .

Hopefully it is good entertainment 

De Goey worries me.

He has that X factor like Petracca

We must kick straight.... 10 goals 3 or similar ratio

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

De Goey worries me.

He has that X factor like Petracca

We must kick straight.... 10 goals 3 or similar ratio

And hit that sweet spot of form at the back end of the game not the first quarter

After half time at the very least..but 4 quarters would be good

Edited by IRW
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, binman said:

2019 Top 10 North American Tours

1. The Rolling Stones ($177.8M gross; 784,652 tickets sold)
2. Elton John ($157.4M gross; 1,155,510 tickets sold)
3. Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band ($97.0M gross;, 867,925 tickets sold)
4. Pink ($87.9M gross; 624,419 tickets sold)
5. Ariana Grande ($82.6M gross; 700,053 tickets sold)
6. Jonas Brothers ($81.7M gross; 769,310 tickets sold)
7. KISS ($81.6 M gross; 800,302 tickets sold)
8. Fleetwood Mac ($77.5M gross; 544,286 tickets sold)
9. Garth Brooks ($76.1M gross; 856,000 tickets sold)
10. Justin Timberlake ($75.6M gross; 568,449 tickets sold)

Those touring bands reads like a retirement home. Stones, Elton, Bob Seger, Fleetwood Mac and Kiss all in their 70’s during those tours 4 years ago! Nostalgia sells, clearly.

As for Meatloaf I went to see Phoebe Bridgers as Margaret Court in Feb, and was shocked at the age of the people in line. Then I realised there was a Meatloaf musical on at Rod Laver. Lucky Meatloaf died because I reckon his audience won’t be far behind him.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Listening to Hoyne on Sportsday and he thinks the biggest threat is Elliott (I’m also worried about him). He’s Collingwood’s no.1 rated player the last 6 weeks.

Salem was also called out. At the moment he’s a bottom 60 player in the competition which is alarming.

• Shocked 4

Just now, At the break of Gawn said:

Listening to Hoyne on Sportsday and he thinks the biggest threat is Elliott (I’m also worried about him). He’s Collingwood’s no.1 rated player the last 6 weeks.

Salem was also called out. At the moment he’s a bottom 60 player in the competition which is alarming.

Can’t see it happening but Hibbo could replace Salem. 
I would feel safer with Hibbo in the side. Elliot worries me and McVee has never played on him before. Not saying he can’t do the job but Elliot is an extremely smart and strong player. He’s hurt us before and he’s exactly the sort of player who can turn a game in the blink of an eye. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

MFC have more to play for ..the Pies might like an extra game to tune up (Daicos at the least) 

MFC might like a break to ease the injury burden.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Can anyone elaborate as to why Salem would be a bottom 60 player in the comp at the moment?

I agree that he’s not shooting the lights out but bottom 60 is damning for a player of his class.

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, IRW said:

MFC have more to play for ..the Pies might like an extra game to tune up (Daicos at the least) 

more to play for?? loser will likely face the Blues in the G and then the Lions at the Gabba

Winner has a week off and Port at home.

Both teams have exactly the same on the line

• Like 10

On the AFL website, under full replays for Rd23 Melb vs Hawthorn (55:00), and for Rd24 Syd vs Melb (1:28.20), Laurie showcased his exceptional kicking skill by delivering 2 marvelous balls to the forwards. The 1st one was a banana kick from his out right boot, the 2nd one’s direction, flying distance and height were all perfect. Both Melksham and Kozzie comfortably marked those kicks, and they each scored a goal afterward. One good turn deserves another. 

Since we lack tall forwarders, precision kicks to the forward line are crucial and really needed. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, IRW said:

All the pressure is on the Pies. Finished 1st. Coming in off the back of some questionable form. Nobody will question us if we lose. Questions will certainly be raised if the Pies lose. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DubDee said:

IN T Mac Tommo and Hibbo

OUT Melksham Turner and Bowey (stiff as)

Three changes is too destabilising for mine. I thought Turner was actually pretty good and I don’t really see any Collingwood forward getting a hold of him. If Cox wasn’t playing you could take out Turner and put Hibberd in which could give coverage on Elliott.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Goody had Hibbo as sub as a back up on Elliott

In: Hibberd (Sub), Tmac

Out: Laurie (Sub), Melksham 

• Like 6