PREGAME: Rd 17 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

43 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

Dees by 42

stay 4th one game and % clear

The train, she’s a rolling!

What are you smoking mate ? Can you give the selectors some as they need it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With Oliver out and Salem back and in decent form, I hope we see Rivers given substantial midfield minutes over the next month. He’s having a breakout season and is one of the few players who has improved. He’s got the chops to have an impact in there with Oliver out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

Add me to the perplexed and disappointed camp. 

Fritsch out so we drop Smith as well, and the only replacement is Melksham, who as sub played nearly the whole game last week for 6 touches. 

Spargo’s barely played football since being dropped but gets recalled. Being picked off reputation not form is not right. 

I support Jordon’s recall though. We all cry out for VFL form to be rewarded and Jordon’s VFL form completely warrants selection.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, poita said:

And clearly Goodwin is going to go down with the Two Rucks ship, and take the rest of the team with him. 

Leaving Kali Uchis GIF by Tyler, the Creator

Don't forget your life jackets!

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Add me to the perplexed and disappointed camp. 

My guess is, Goody explains to the individual player what is expected and guarantees their place based on developing the relationship, and forming some kind of ease within them.

He has consistently shown that performance at VFL is not necessary, and often seems to prefer only one or two changes. Then occasionally throws this, four changes.

I still trust the club, but gee the end of last season wasn't great. 

This one we have to win easliy, as confidence and to start our momentum, is mandatory to a successful season.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 9
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

Christ that is poor form of GWS.  Was the problem the club didn't want to splash cash? 

I don’t know the reason but yeah, it’s pretty disgraceful. I can’t imagine any of them would come from Sydney to Melbourne just to make the banner which means their Melbourne-based fans would have to come. Cue the jokes about them not having any Melb-based fans, amirite! 😁 Or they could’ve had their own banner content made in Sydney then mailed to us. This is how we transport banners around the country. Maybe a lack of enthusiasm? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I don’t know the reason but yeah, it’s pretty disgraceful. I can’t imagine any of them would come from Sydney to Melbourne just to make the banner which means their Melbourne-based fans would have to come. Cue the jokes about them not having any Melb-based fans, amirite! 😁 Or they could’ve had their own banner content made in Sydney then mailed to us. This is how we transport banners around the country. Maybe a lack of enthusiasm? 🤷‍♀️ 

It does seem like a lack of enthusiasm...  since printing and mailing is not that impossible!  Maybe they also lack experience? 

Well, when I see the most die hard GWS fans tomorrow (who apologised to me on Monday about our loss 🥲 ), I'll tell her to join the cheer squad

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, DeelightfulPlay said:

It does seem like a lack of enthusiasm...  since printing and mailing is not that impossible!  Maybe they also lack experience? 

Well, when I see the most die hard GWS fans tomorrow (who apologised to me on Monday about our loss 🥲 ), I'll tell her to join the cheer squad

Lack of experience shouldn’t be a thing. They’ve been in the league for long enough. You’ve been to banner making, DP. It’s a lot of work but it’s not rocket science. 🙂

I also think the game being played in Alice might be the reason. They didn’t have a cheer squad there and maybe they didn’t have enough ppl to raise a banner. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hellofatime said:

Neale Bulldust never gets dropped, never on the interchange, never an emergency, yet JVR who won us a game against Richmond can't get a look in!

Does it have to be that name?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Hellofatime said:

Neale Bulldust never gets dropped, never on the interchange, never an emergency, yet JVR who won us a game against Richmond can't get a look in!

Neale Bulldust? How old are you, four?

apologies to any four-year-olds out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Brisbane didn't gave a banner against us at the Gabba.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

People keep throwing up this fact about Spargo but for whatever reason I don’t see him as that. 

The decision to play Brown last week was on par with dropping Tomlinson the week before.

Agree on bbb. Should have been pulled out after weather set in pre game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markT said:

Binners  i have no issues with the in's, but if our last 6 games have given us any cause for reflection its that we desperately need to start stringing together some wins when we are holding onto 4th palce by our fingernails at 36 points

wow that’s deep man

so you think, upon reflection of the last 6 weeks, we need to win more?

email the club with these insights!

• Haha 2

Can someone with far more knowledge about footy and tactics than I explain to me why Tomlinson isn’t in the side to assist May and Lever down back in order to send Petty forward to partner up with BBB….

rather than relying on Gawn or Grundy who don’t have an ounce of forward craft between them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Seraph said:

In what world do we need to 'experiment' with BBB?

He has played 150+ AFL games.

We know what he offers. It hasn't been working.

He's a straight kick for starters. But so is jvr so something is amiss with him.

Bbb is our only true key forward

Must play at the minute. Gawn/Grundy forward strategy is laughable. Neither will succeed in short term

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

Brisbane didn't gave a banner against us at the Gabba.

Some clubs only have banners at home games, some only have them for milestone games and some have them at every game. Then there’s the Eagles: never have a banner but instead have a blue and yellow inflatable tunnel through which the players run. Bless their silly little hearts. 😁 Brisbane are interesting in that they don’t have one at the Gabba yet they do at the ‘G. They also have many Melb-based fans which might be the reason for that. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DubDee said:

wow that’s deep man

so you think, upon reflection of the last 6 weeks, we need to win more?

email the club with these insights!

We need:

- To win more games

- Have the matchday circled in our calendars

- Make sure they pump each other up. They weren't pumped up enough last game, we would have won if they pumped each other up more.

3 hours ago, Roost it far said:

Lighten up big fella

3 hours ago, rpfc said:

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

All good. 🙂

If this insult was posted by someone with even a microscopic shred of decency I might have registered a one, maybe a two, on the care-factor scale. But considering who did post it, zero is about as high as it will get.

The ignore feature is great. Only bummer is that I still see the belligerent chest-thumping whenever someone quotes a belligerent chest-thumper, whomever that may be. 😉 

• Sad 1