GAMEDAY: Rd 15 vs Geelong

Demonland

1 minute ago, praha said:

Goodwin is the equivalent of a downhill skiing coach. He needs all cylinders firing and the opposition to be spooked. We lose games the same way every bloody time and we play at this [censored] every [censored] year. We don't play to respect the opposition, we are so obsessed with *our* way and we just hope we'll find a breakthrough. Good coaches consistently know how to defend against it. The losses look the same every damn time.

The Goodwin gameplan has rendered us a diabolical [censored] heap when transitioning and connecting with the forwards.

His solution will be 'try harder'.

Even when we win it is bloody arduous to watch.

Thank [censored] I made it to Perth to see a winning GF because this era is over. Burgess, support coaches and the players themselves were the key drivers. Goodwin obviously played a role but he wasn't a catalyst.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Let’s not totally blame ANB for the loss, we can also blame Fritsch for that idiotic dangerous tackle.

Can throw Chandler's miss in the 3rd. Awful in the big moments 

• Like 1

Lol

I have no idea why I come on here during losses… the some of the negativity is so over the top. Incredible.

Putrid 1Q and 4Q though. But the 4Q is all about us pressing too high and fumbling/losing contests when we’re all goal side. To day the cats blew us away is to suggest it’s because they were so dynamic, it was all out positioning and skill in bad area.

Agree on ANB. Just grab the ball man.. so frustrating.

Shocker from Gawn 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, praha said:

Melbourne 2021

Geelong 2022

Potentially Port 2023

All quick burst scoring with just sheer brute speed and perfection in the middle. Teams get spooked and you're behind before you even realise it's 10 goals difference.

We had our moment in 2021. The days of Richmond, Hawthorn, Brisbane type flags are over (for now).

Yep, and I think it gets lost but the Hawks and Tigers eras came off the back of heavily compromised drafts periods. This is what the AFL wants. 

1 minute ago, BW511 said:

There should be a lot of nervous blokes heading into the review. At least 6 who are horribly scared of body contact 

I’d love to see one game this year where we hit up targets instead of bombing it on heads.

Fritta and Kossie are not taking marks against this backline in the dry, no chance in the wet

If only we had a tall proven lead-up forward goal kicker to bring into the team.

• Like 1
  • Vomit 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 6

HALF FULL by KC from Casey

It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 188

PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 33

VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!