PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

Demonland

11 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

After watching the Casey Game

In:

Dunstan, Laurie, Schache, Lever (assuming he's fully recovered)

Out:

Sparrow, Spargo (inj), Melk, Tommo

Players potentially on the fringe if someone sticks their hand up at Casey / Key player/s return from injury over the coming few weeks.

Macca (BBB/Gawn)

JVR (BBB/Gawn)

McVee / Bowey (Should Hibberd and/or Disco bust the door down in the next few weeks/months)

P.S.  Harmes could also potentially fill for Spargo.  Had a good hit out at Casey but might need a few more weeks to get super cherry ripe & fit?

DD Harmes wasn't out because of injury he will be straight back in after a good game yesterday. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, layzie said:

Can we please not bring Max back for this game as a knee jerk reaction to what happened on Saturday?

Don't take any risks with this, yes I'm not a doctor but I have a feeling I'm definitely right on this one. Long season, get him cherry ripe. I don't like how quick the panic button gets hit when we lose. 

Agreed, don't think we should bring Max back even if looking forward to seeing him play again.

I think it's more important we focus on getting our heads right in this next week.  Try and find that hunger again.  I'd like to see Max (and Lever if he doesn't get back this week) down on the boundary line spurring and leading the boys on from the side.  Although not sure if that's allowed haha 

• Like 2
  • Clap 2

45 minutes ago, old dee said:

DD Harmes wasn't out because of injury he will be straight back in after a good game yesterday. 

I understand Mr Old ... but his form wasn't up to his usual standard imv prior to missing the last few.

Possibly due to the reason/s he missed in the first place?

He was certainly in our top two at Casey (even no.1) so probably correct re coming back in.

My view is i'd like to see the FD prod his competitive spirit a tad more and also see him in tip top shape / form with some real fire in the belly before coming back 

21 minutes ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Until Gawn is back we should be aiming to field a line up as close as we can to that of rd 3.
So that’s a no to Schache. 

Then he can provide fresh legs 5 days later against the Roos.

• Thinking 1

12 hours ago, picket fence said:

Like this except that Harmsy should play as well

yeh whoops definitely meant harmes not dunstan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, layzie said:

Can we please not bring Max back for this game as a knee jerk reaction to what happened on Saturday?

Don't take any risks with this, yes I'm not a doctor but I have a feeling I'm definitely right on this one. Long season, get him cherry ripe. I don't like how quick the panic button gets hit when we lose. 

Huge stretch to suggest the potential of Gawn being selected is a sign of panic.  There is NO WAY he plays if he’s not ready.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vipercrunch said:

Surely the doctors and conditioning staff can decide that.  

Serious Leslie Nielsen GIF by filmeditor

Someone on the internet speculating about sports ball?!

Thats it! Close the site. We have jumped the shark

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, YearOfTheDees said:

Win this week and we should be in the top three again. Gee we are having a bad start to the year. 

And if we lose

and Adelaide, Brisbane or Port Adelaide, any or all could win, we could go to 9th .

If Geelong and Freo win by enough and we lose badly, We could be sitting 11th.  percentage of the others too poor.

It is a very even ladder, we just need to win.   someone needs to check my reasoning

Rather have AC/DC highway to Hell and win with vigor than having the other group that sang Sorry    Easybeats

thats what the other clubs will think if we lose this week, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 640MD said:

And if we lose

and Adelaide, Brisbane or Port Adelaide, any or all could win, we could go to 9th .

If Geelong and Freo win by enough and we lose badly, We could be sitting 11th.  percentage of the others too poor.

It is a very even ladder, we just need to win.   someone needs to check my reasoning

Rather have AC/DC highway to Hell and win with vigor than having the other group that sang Sorry    Easybeats

You're right about the ladder.

And you're very right about The Highway to Hell. 

1 hour ago, 640MD said:

And if we lose

image.jpeg.70d44622d2a3bef3ab00b38ce43ef690.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vipercrunch said:

Huge stretch to suggest the potential of Gawn being selected is a sign of panic.  There is NO WAY he plays if he’s not ready.  

Not really, if you go by half the people here it's just what we need after one loss. 

We got battered around at the back with next to no aerial help, many people including yourself have said how important he is for the structure so if they did bring him back for 2 games within 6 days, I'd  find just a little hard to believe the explanation is a simple as a doctor sign off.

Edited by layzie
  • Like 1

All it means is this week, indeed every week.  It’s important to turn up and win the four points.  Last week  no one turned up, 

missing a tall up front and another down back was not an ideal start.  Selection of emergencies not done well, imho.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Doesn't matter. If the doctors say he's fully recovered and can play both games, he plays.  They're the experts.  

2 hours ago, Vipercrunch said:

Surely the doctors and conditioning staff can decide that.  

Are these the same experts who signed off on players who weren’t 100% last year? 

• Like 7

I would like to see Brayshaw play a high half forward role, replacing Spargo.

BBB to replace Petty at forward. 

I think the Petty up forward has not worked out. Petty to play only as a backman, looked confused when forward, and not taking marks. The only swing players I think are Gawn, Rivers, TMac, and maybe Grundy.

Lever (River), Hibbo (Brayshaw) and Petty (Tomlinson out) to help May and the two young ones (Bowey, McVee). 

Sparrow, Bowey, close to being dropped.

In: Lever, Hibbo, BBB

Out: Spargo, TMac and Tomlinson

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1