Best Value Way to Watch the Footy...?

Grr-owl

20 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

It’s a rip off and the quality is rubbish. 

The price isn't bad but they could do a lot to improve their quality. Many people used to argue that they didn't want to canibalise their Foxtel box model but that's a dinosaur in decline.

I think their real problem is that they are gradually losing sports (tennis coverage for example is now almost exclusively gone to Stan)

If you really want to see overpriced rubbish quality check out WatchAFL 😓

Edited by Diamond_Jim

21 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

I’m the same. Kayo gets cancelled the minute footy is done and I sign up for another streaming service instead to keep me busy during the off season. 
Plus I go to every game in Melbourne and have a premium membership so I mostly use Kayo for replays and to watch interstate games. It’s a rip off and the quality is rubbish. 

The last thing I want to do is promote anything Murdoch, but I can happily stream Kayo in HD on a 7mbps ADSL connection without any quality issues. And I'm out in the sticks 7km from an exchange.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mauriesy said:

The last thing I want to do is promote anything Murdoch, but I can happily stream Kayo in HD on a 7mbps ADSL connection without any quality issues. And I'm out in the sticks 7km from an exchange.

Agree there's no issue with the streaming per se but the quality of the feed is circa 2000 especially if you are watching the replay after they cut it down.

These days it should be 4k minimum. (Some of the blame rests with Channel 7 who simply refuse to upgrade their camera/broadcast equipment for reasons I can't understand. Youtube vloggers have been putting out 4k for the last 5 plus years)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Agree there's no issue with the streaming per se but the quality of the feed is circa 2000 especially if you are watching the replay after they cut it down.

These days it should be 4k minimum. (Some of the blame rests with Channel 7 who simply refuse to upgrade their camera/broadcast equipment for reasons I can't understand. Youtube vloggers have been putting out 4k for the last 5 plus years)

channel 7 still don't have 4k cameras

i love that foxtel advertise 'footy in 4k' but it's actually not - it's upscaled telecast to 4k

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, layzie said:

I really only think it would be good value if you watched sport on it all year round. 

Lots on there besides AFL that I would watch. 6 months on Kayo just to watch AFL is $180. Buy the club membership and you get a year for $229 only $49 for extra 6 months and the club gets a cut. Seems a good deal to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, old dee said:

Lots on there besides AFL that I would watch. 6 months on Kayo just to watch AFL is $180. Buy the club membership and you get a year for $229 only $49 for extra 6 months and the club gets a cut. Seems a good deal to me.

It's not $25 per month anymore is it? In that case it could be very decent value for some. 

I would have watched a lot of stuff on there once but now I reckon NFL and maybe the odd UFC would be about it. A dream for cricket lovers, not a huge fan but if you are then there's massive benefit there. 

Edited by layzie

1 minute ago, layzie said:

It's not $25 per month anymore is it? In that case it could be very decent value for some. 

I would have watched a lot of stuff on there once but now I reckon NFL and maybe the odd UFC would be about it. A dream for cricket lovers, not a huge fan but if you are then there's massive benefit there. 

My calculations were based on the email the club sent to me. Will check. I like motor sport and Basketball so I would value just there.

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

My calculations were based on the email the club sent to me. Will check. I like motor sport and Basketball so I would value just there.

Oh yeah do like a bit of NBA come the pointy end of the season. 

Motor sport is another one, it's got just about everything for that I think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, layzie said:

Just checked the Kayo site $25 / month for 1 screen. 

On 2/6/2023 at 7:06 PM, cantstandyasam said:

With a membership the club profits. 

• Get the game info as it happens - radio; multiple coverages - two old trannies from the sock drawer
  • Wait 24 hours for the screening on the AFL Website - not too difficult making game analyses more relevant
  • Attend the home games as you can, through MFC Membership assisting the Club - on game day, drink at a good pub with Foxtel/Kayo as an alternative when we play away

On 2/24/2023 at 7:32 AM, waverleyheartbreak said:

Dear Fellow International Demonlanders, anyone know if we receive a code for Watchafl like last year (came in January)?

I have not seen anything yet and cant access Watchafl, therefore no Fox Footy and no cover of Match Sim I think, any clue?

Contact the club. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 6:39 PM, FarNorthernD said:

Sorry in advance for being a tech philistine

Has anyone else signed up to the $229 Kayo membership offer?. I have just signed up through the club website and not sure where to go from here. Sort of figured there would be prompts to get me access to Kayo but there isn’t. Any suggestions? 
I have an inactive Kayo account

Did this get resolved? I just took up the offer but all I have received is a receipt (which is so far unhelpful in helping me watch the golf on Kayo this morning)

2 hours ago, The Jackson FIX said:

Did this get resolved? I just took up the offer but all I have received is a receipt (which is so far unhelpful in helping me watch the golf on Kayo this morning)

Crisis averted. An email with details does come through eventually… for me it was just in time to see Lee bogey the last and Scheffler birdie 🥴

• Like 2

The club's Kayo membership is great for someone like me who is interstate so generally get the Armchair membership which is included in this package. I had the Telstra deal for the last few years at only $15 for 2 screens but that ended so the club deal came at the right time. My email also said it is a 2 screen package which makes it much better than the usual $30 a month the price was going up to.

Edited by Left Foot Snap
Tried to remove excess lines. Didn't work.
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 10:47 AM, The Jackson FIX said:

Crisis averted. An email with details does come through eventually… for me it was just in time to see Lee bogey the last and Scheffler birdie 🥴

Thanks for posting that. How long did it take for the details to arrive? I took up the offer this morning and only received the confirmation they've taken the money. Kayo support are very confused by the offer too.

5 hours ago, TopCorner said:

Thanks for posting that. How long did it take for the details to arrive? I took up the offer this morning and only received the confirmation they've taken the money. Kayo support are very confused by the offer too.

Did it ever show up? Or should I give up today and go to the pub? 😆

On 3/18/2023 at 2:20 PM, TopCorner said:

Mine came within the hour so my guess is you have it now. If not, something has gone wrong!

I'm tempted to take the $229 Kayo deal. For years I got around it by using Foxtel Go (Courtesy of my folks) and chromecasting to the TV if needed but I'd like to have the option to watch games, mini games and footy shows on demand and get the best picture quality possible. I also love the idea of a chunk of the cash going to the club.

If I didn't have the Foxtel GO access this would be a total no brainer but it's still a good deal for a much less clunky experience, I know a lot of people aren't fussed about quality and user experience but it's definitely a plus for me.

31 minutes ago, layzie said:

I'm tempted to take the $229 Kayo deal. For years I got around it by using Foxtel Go (Courtesy of my folks) and chromecasting to the TV if needed but I'd like to have the option to watch games, mini games and footy shows on demand and get the best picture quality possible. I also love the idea of a chunk of the cash going to the club.

If I didn't have the Foxtel GO access this would be a total no brainer but it's still a good deal for a much less clunky experience, I know a lot of people aren't fussed about quality and user experience but it's definitely a plus for me.

If you’re already a club member Layzie, and purely an AFL fan, then it’s more cost effective to go month to month on Kayo. Sign up now, pay for April - August, and then cancel in September as all finals are live on FTA. That’ll cost you about $150 to watch literally every game in the season.

Then spend the money you saved buying a Flanket…

EC999DB3-63FC-43F4-8FA2-87465FD68C08.webp

• Haha 1