Jump to content

  • Podcast LIVE Thursday @ 8:30pm 

  • Podcast LIVE Thursday @ 8:30pm  

AFLW: 2022 GRAND FINAL



Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, kev martin said:

I had a look at Gosch's last night, no one was training.

My guess is that they will be there tonight, Tuesday.  Start time could be anywhere between 5.30 to 6.30 pm.

Another guess would be for a Thursday night run, unless they are already in Brisbane.

 

1 hour ago, kev martin said:

The W awards are on tonight from 7.30 pm. If they are training, my guess is they will start at the earlier time.

Idk about this evening, Kev. But defs Thursday at Gosch’s at 5:30pm

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Docs Demons said:

Yep. Tried and missed out. Gil as the CEO is at fault here but like all good people in power/politicians you don't here from them when the poo hits the fan. Bit like the Premier up here in Qld. Gets out in front of cameras when a good news story is to be said but goes into hiding when it gets tough. Let's hope our girls get going not like the powers to be when it get's tough.

By the way where is the Women's CEO. Livingston or somebody like that I presume. Got no idea about footy.

That's it for me on the ranting. Enough said and nothing will change those idiots at AFL HQ. Just do it Ladies and give the Lions a horrible hiding in the heat up here on Sunday.

You’re entitled to rant, Docs D. This is a totally rant-worthy issue.

This is how ridiculous it is: there’s cheer squad members who’ve missed out on tickets despite having AFLW and Demon Army membership along with their MFC membership. These are people who are totally invested in the AFLW and haven’t missed a match to date.  The Club is currently trying to sort something out for them. But this shouldn’t be an issue, and wouldn’t be an issue had an appropriate venue been selected. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You’re entitled to rant, Docs D. This is a totally rant-worthy issue.

This is how ridiculous it is: there’s cheer squad members who’ve missed out on tickets despite having AFLW and Demon Army membership along with their MFC membership. These are people who are totally invested in the AFLW and haven’t missed a match to date.  The Club is currently trying to sort something out for them. But this shouldn’t be an issue, and wouldn’t be an issue had an appropriate venue been selected. 

That's discraceful treatment of fans.....many Brisbane fans have missed out as well by the sounds of it.  

Like many I am shocked the game is being played in the heat of the day. I'm assuming this is because the ground doesn't have lights?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HardBallGet said:

That's discraceful treatment of fans.....many Brisbane fans have missed out as well by the sounds of it.  

Like many I am shocked the game is being played in the heat of the day. I'm assuming this is because the ground doesn't have lights?

Lights??? It’s lucky to have goalposts and interchange benches let alone lights. It was supposed to be declared open and ready for use in mid December. That’s still three weeks away, so maybe even having toilets etc. can be considered a luxury. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Lights??? It’s lucky to have goalposts and interchange benches let alone lights. It was supposed to be declared open and ready for use in mid December. That’s still three weeks away, so maybe even having toilets etc. can be considered a luxury. 

Yeah. While I have an in principle support for the top teams right to pick a home ground. It shouldn't be at the expense of the fans and of the fairness and integrity of the game. 

To my mind the fan lockout and the likely heat mean both have been compromised.

Given we were separated on the ladder by 1 point in a year when the draw had no integrity, a gf at a neutral venue like Docklands would have made sense, when the 2 big qld venues were unavailable.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The women are  on Gosch's now.

Tayla has goal kicking practice.

I'm just in time for the simulations.  

They have the cones parallel with the 50 square, forcing them to take the central corridor. 

Those going to the W awards have split off. The rest separate into their lines.

Forwards goal kicking, mids practicing stoppages and defenders are one on one marking.

 

One of the volunteers tell me they are flying up Saturday. 

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really respect and admire Daisy, but wearing a Geelong sponsor's brand to an MFC media conference(21 Nov) is a BIG faux pas, despite us knowing you are off to the dark side (but wishing you well)!!

Cotton off 😉

Edited by DemonicFinalFantasy
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DemonicFinalFantasy said:

I really respect and admire Daisy, but wearing a Geelong sponsor's brand to an MFC media conference(21 Nov) is a BIG faux pas, despite us knowing you are off to the dark side (but wishing you well)!!

Cotton off 😉

You do realise Cotton On do all the apparel for all AFLW teams including media tops, playing guernsey, shorts, training gear, etc, don't you?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just had a quick scour through the AFLW's social media.  On the last 2 days on their Facebook, they posted 12 articles about Brisbane, 2 about Melbourne.  In fact if you look at the most recent backwards, you have to scroll through 10 articles about Brisbane before you see any mention of Melbourne whatsoever. Of the two articles about Mebourne, one was whether Daisy Pearce will retire after the grand final, the other is about Tayla Harris' shoulder.  Yet it's article after article about how Brisbane will be unbeatable.

 

Clearly Brisbane is the AFLW's preferred premiers.  

Edited by Katrina Dee Fan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Just had a quick scour through the AFLW's social media.  On the last 2 days on their Facebook, they posted 12 articles about Brisbane, 2 about Melbourne.  In fact if you look at the most recent backwards, you have to scroll through 10 articles about Brisbane before you see any mention of Melbourne whatsoever. Of the two articles about Mebourne, one was whether Daisy Pearce will retire after the grand final, the other is about Tayla Harris' shoulder.  Yet it's article after article about how Brisbane will be unbeatable.

 

Clearly Brisbane is the AFLW's preferred premiers.  

I really save my loathing for the likes of the pies and the cats but the lions are quickly catching up.

A victory would be so bloody sweet.

Apart from Macca being out all season, this is probably the fittest squad we've taken into a finals series. 

Can't wait.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Just had a quick scour through the AFLW's social media.  On the last 2 days on their Facebook, they posted 12 articles about Brisbane, 2 about Melbourne.  In fact if you look at the most recent backwards, you have to scroll through 10 articles about Brisbane before you see any mention of Melbourne whatsoever. Of the two articles about Mebourne, one was whether Daisy Pearce will retire after the grand final, the other is about Tayla Harris' shoulder.  Yet it's article after article about how Brisbane will be unbeatable.

 

Clearly Brisbane is the AFLW's preferred premiers.  

Agree. But also playing a Grand Final in Ash Bartys backyard I think also shows a bias.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Just had a quick scour through the AFLW's social media.  On the last 2 days on their Facebook, they posted 12 articles about Brisbane, 2 about Melbourne.  In fact if you look at the most recent backwards, you have to scroll through 10 articles about Brisbane before you see any mention of Melbourne whatsoever. Of the two articles about Mebourne, one was whether Daisy Pearce will retire after the grand final, the other is about Tayla Harris' shoulder.  Yet it's article after article about how Brisbane will be unbeatable.

 

Clearly Brisbane is the AFLW's preferred premiers.  

In the eyes of the bookies too! I don't bet of football matches but the odds are ridiculously skewed Brisbane's way. The results of both Melbourne and Brisbane against the other finalists over the year are eerily similar. Even in our only loss for the year (against Brisbane) we were in front at 3/4 time. 

This is going to be a cracking GF and make no mistake, we are a HUGE chance.

Can't wait!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Just had a quick scour through the AFLW's social media.  On the last 2 days on their Facebook, they posted 12 articles about Brisbane, 2 about Melbourne.  In fact if you look at the most recent backwards, you have to scroll through 10 articles about Brisbane before you see any mention of Melbourne whatsoever. Of the two articles about Mebourne, one was whether Daisy Pearce will retire after the grand final, the other is about Tayla Harris' shoulder.  Yet it's article after article about how Brisbane will be unbeatable.

 

Clearly Brisbane is the AFLW's preferred premiers.  

To me it seems there has been a consistent media bias all year toward talking up our opponents no matter who they are.  Would even say they barrack against us!

It carries over from the print media during the week to commentators before and during a game.

It really does my head in!

We certainly go in massive underdogs even tho Harris is playing this week which she wasn't when we lost to the Lions earlier this year. 

Hope we can show everyone up on Sunday and bring home the 🏆

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

In the eyes of the bookies too! I don't bet of football matches but the odds are ridiculously skewed Brisbane's way. The results of both Melbourne and Brisbane against the other finalists over the year are eerily similar. Even in our only loss for the year (against Brisbane) we were in front at 3/4 time. 

This is going to be a cracking GF and make no mistake, we are a HUGE chance.

Can't wait!

Are Brisbane favourites because they're a better team, or because the reportage of the media and the AFL been skewed so acutely against us?

 

  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

To me it seems there has been a consistent media bias all year toward talking up our opponents no matter who they are.  Would even say they barrack against us!

It carries over from the print media during the week to commentators before and during a game.

It really does my head in!

We certainly go in massive underdogs even tho Harris is playing this week which she wasn't when we lost to the Lions earlier this year. 

Hope we can show everyone up on Sunday and bring home the 🏆

I don't know if I'm being thin skinned or not, but I find it aggravating.

1 minute ago, Katrina Dee Fan said:

Are Brisbane favourites because they're a better team, or because the reportage of the media and the AFL been skewed so acutely against us?

 

I guess they have the result against us earlier in the season but we didn't have Harris or Goldy and think it was Mackin's first game...and she has come a long way since then.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, rjay said:

I don't know if I'm being thin skinned or not, but I find it aggravating.

I guess they have the result against us earlier in the season but we didn't have Harris or Goldy and think it was Mackin's first game...and she has come a long way since then.

1 hour ago, Palace Dees said:

In the eyes of the bookies too! I don't bet of football matches but the odds are ridiculously skewed Brisbane's way. The results of both Melbourne and Brisbane against the other finalists over the year are eerily similar. Even in our only loss for the year (against Brisbane) we were in front at 3/4 time. 

This is going to be a cracking GF and make no mistake, we are a HUGE chance.

Can't wait!

 

If you're thin skinned then we all are.  It's certainly been noticeable. In fact it's blatantly obvious.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Let the media talk up the lions all they want. Hopefully it’s goes to the lions heads, they get complacent and take us for granted on the day. Coming in under the radar with low expectations eases the pressure on us. Perfect set up for an ambush

go dees 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Delta to do the match entertainment. That's cool. Gone from performing with Robbie on the G to performing at Brighton homes arena

Maybe, when she agreed to do the gig, she thought it was in some muti million-dollar mansion in Brighton?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are building, over the past games our opponents have been getting better and so we are starting to peak (would have preferred a longer season). We would have got plenty of learnings from the game against North, who strangled our fast ball movement. Get that style back and play confidently, without fumbling or failing at the simple stuff, then we are, IMO stronger than the Lions.

We have some very strong willed players, Purcell, Paxman, Daisy, Birch, they should be able to read the moment.

Our hunt and tackling has been great. Keep the work ethic, be in sync with each other and take the goal scoring opportunities. 

Hoping it is our day. They are the most entertaining of teams.

Go Dees.

Edited by kev martin
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kev martin said:

We are building, over the past games our opponents have been getting better and so we are starting to peak (would have preferred a longer season). We would have got plenty of learnings from the game against North, who strangled our fast ball movement. Get that style back and play confidently, without fumbling or failing at the simple stuff, then we are, IMO stronger than the Lions.

We have some very strong willed players, Purcell, Paxman, Daisy, Birch, they should be able to read the moment.

Our hunt and tackling has been great. Keep the work ethic, be in sync with each other and take the goal scoring opportunities. 

Hoping it is our day. They are the most entertaining of teams.

Go Dees.

Harris has been down on form lately and Purcell, Bannan and a few others weren’t great in the PF, so a lot of room for improvement in the GF.

We have been tough all year, and are very well coached and we are a big chance in this.

Edited by Redleg
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, binman said:

Maybe, when she agreed to do the gig, she thought it was in some muti million-dollar mansion in Brighton?

That's beautiful 'bin'...first big laugh of the day.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    CHANGES 2022 Part 03 by The Oracle

    Part Three - Comparing apples with pomegranates by The Oracle One of the truly pointless exercises after each year’s draft is the game over which club “won” the period in question. The reality is that there is no winner or loser at the time and it’s only years further down the track when a full assessment of how the picks turn out can be made, that the winning hand is revealed. And the draft results cannot be considered in isolation; you need to look at where each club stood before the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    LIVE IN THE MOMENT by Meggs

    The final home and away match of Season 7, sees the mighty Dees at Fortress Casey hosting the 16th placed West Coast.     A win assures the Dees of a Top-2 finish, with the ultimate placings dependent upon the previous night’s result between Brisbane and Collingwood and the relative percentages.   As our match is anticipated to be one-sided, interest may turn to monitoring the live ladder to see whether or not Melbourne has secured the minor premiership.     The Demons (Lions and Cro

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...