What They Are Saying at Victoria Park

Lucifers Hero

Not much until the Steven May news dropped.  Then it turned decidedly more optimistic.

• tough, tough game. Pies by 62
  • Best ruckman in the league Darcy Cameron to take Gawn to the cleaners
  • When Sydney got up over the Dees I thought that made our task nigh impossible but now I'm thinking their confidence has taken a hit and if we get the jump on them it might create some negative mindsets.
  • Pendles played brilliantly on Oliver at the SCG against them last year, would like to see that matchup again.
  • Petracca looks injured… Sidebottom may have the tank to run with … Gawn is dominating aerially, but Cameron is a top mark for a ruckman, so should at least be competitive against him.
  • The vibes are looking good for this one which means....Dees by 52 points!!
  • Can't see us winning this one, I can only hope that we remain at least competitive and put a fight and it doesn't turn in to a flogging.
  • Hahaha I’m trying to stay positive and I hope they prove me wrong! I think if we bring our best game like we have the past few weeks and maintain all game then yes we may be a chance!
  • If it is fine I think our pressure may get us there.
  • Frothies May strikes again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • image.png.99ffc61d5c8e1eadfa03b96e101e224a.png
  • Excellent news!!
  • What? Unravelling at the Dees, they don’t feel comfortable being winners
  • We are a sneaky chance of winning this game now.
  • I think we are, been ordinary without him, still would rather beat them without the excuses.
  • We were already a good chance in my opinion. Up to our eyeballs now.
  • duck me. That's Collingwood-esque.
  • Huge bonus for us, as without May the D's back six definitely struggle, as they don't have anyone who can really play his role....
  • Fritsch is Maynard’s b-tch
  • The Dees would be furious about this, considering the whole build-up to this event is based around The Big Freeze and fighting MND, not fighting your teammates. Daniher would be so gutted with this effort.
  • Expect a flat and half-hearted club to take the field while they work out what the hell is going on inside their heads.

My favourite:

• Any chance we can get Alan Richardson to get the beers into Petracca and Oliver so they can bash the cr@p out of Fritsh.
  • Oliver pays pretty much no attention to his opponent (prob because he has the ball all the time).
Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

• Fritsch is Maynard’s b-tch

I wonder what Pauline (Fritta’s fiercely protective mum and member of the Demon Army) would think of this. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I wonder what Pauline (Fritta’s fiercely protective mum and member of the Demon Army) would think of this. 😁

Probably as unhappy as this:  Any chance we can get Alan Richardson to get the beers into Petracca and Oliver so they can bash the cr@p out of Fritsh.

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Probably as unhappy as this:  Any chance we can get Alan Richardson to get the beers into Petracca and Oliver so they can bash the cr@p out of Fritsh.

I missed that one. Yeah she wouldn’t be impressed. I posted this elsewhere but during the match on Saturday she asked me, “who’s number 30 for THEM?” I said, “Tom McCartin. Why?” She said, “He just punched Bayles in the ribs. I’m gonna track him down! I’m gonna find his address” I said, “what are you gonna do if you find out where he lives?” She said, “I’ll hunt him down, then… I’LL KILL HIM!” 😳 I said, “you’re JK, right?” (nervous laugh). She winked and smiled but never did answer the question. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I missed that one. Yeah she wouldn’t be impressed. I posted this elsewhere but during the match on Saturday she asked me, “who’s number 30 for THEM?” I said, “Tom McCartin. Why?” She said, “He just punched Bayles in the ribs. I’m gonna track him down! I’m gonna find his address” I said, “what are you gonna do if you find out where he lives?” She said, “I’ll hunt him down, then… I’LL KILL HIM!” 😳 I said, “you’re JK, right?” (nervous laugh). She winked and smiled but never did answer the question. 😆

Deniro Robert GIF - Deniro Robert Untouchables GIFs

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Hopefully Pauline... you post a comment!!!😇

1 minute ago, picket fence said:

Hopefully Pauline... you post a comment!!!😇

I doubt very much she’d be on DL. At least, I hope she’s not. God forbid Bayley should ever slip up. She’d not take kindly to ppl baying for his blood. And clearly that’s what happens here. 

3 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I doubt very much she’d be on DL. At least, I hope she’s not. God forbid Bayley should ever slip up. She’d not take kindly to ppl baying for his blood. And clearly that’s what happens here. 

They’d have to get past me first. 

How many forwards in our history have kicked 6 in a grannie? Not many…..

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

They’d have to get past me first. 

How many forwards in our history have kicked 6 in a grannie? Not many…..

I believe Percy Beames kicked 6 goals in the 1941 GF  And he was a rover!

Norm Smith kicked 7 in the 1940 GF

But Fritsch at any other time may well have won the Norm Smith Medal ... did he get 2 votes from every person allocating the votes?

Petracca of course was magnificent and a worthy winner of the medal

From inside 50 entries in last year's GF, Fritsch was targeted 9 times where he won the ball 8 times and kicked 6 goals 2 behinds.  A fabulous strike rate especially in a GF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

I believe Percy Beames kicked 6 goals in the 1941 GF  And he was a rover!

Norm Smith kicked 7 in the 1940 GF

But Fritsch at any other time may well have won the Norm Smith Medal ... did he get 2 votes from every person allocating the votes?

Petracca of course was magnificent and a worthy winner of the medal

From inside 50 entries in last year's GF, Fritsch was targeted 9 times where he won the ball 8 times and kicked 6 goals 2 behinds.  A fabulous strike rate especially in a GF

Wow, massive stat re 8 wins from 9. Maybe we should be targeting him more? 

Just now, 1964_2 said:

Wow, massive stat re 8 wins from 9. Maybe we should be targeting him more? 

I did a thread here on our inside 50's in the GF with a full description on what happened with every entry - took me a day to do it!  Easy to find with a quick search

We win another one I'll do it again. 

We had a very open forward line in the GF & Prelim but since both those days our forward line has been crowded by nearly every opposition team with Sydney doing it and then playing us on the fast break - soccer style

So targeting our forwards hasn't been easy this season ... we've become the hunted and that was to be expected

• Like 1