• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Fair Weather Sailors

I can't believe the number of so called supporters who have given up on this season already and are calling for ND to be axed. Did we (MFC) attract some disenfranchised Carlton and Richmond supporters over the last couple of years. Footy is tough and obviously not many of you out there have ever played or you would know you need to take the bad with the good. ND has been one of the best things going for MFC over the past ten years and has done about as good as can be expected considering the list that has been fit and available at any one time. Injuries are bad luck and when they come all at once there isn't much that can be done but to get on with it. It makes me sick to think that there are Demons "unsupporters" out there willing to jump on a 'sack the coach' band wagon after three games with injury depleted sides. I say get a life and go back to which ever club you unsupported two years ago.

PS I think Bate needs a shot of whatever Cousins was on, is it just me or is he always about 1/2 a second too slow with his disposals/fumbles.

I can't believe the number of so called supporters who have given up on this season already and are calling for ND to be axed. Did we (MFC) attract some disenfranchised Carlton and Richmond supporters over the last couple of years. Footy is tough and obviously not many of you out there have ever played or you would know you need to take the bad with the good. ND has been one of the best things going for MFC over the past ten years and has done about as good as can be expected considering the list that has been fit and available at any one time. Injuries are bad luck and when they come all at once there isn't much that can be done but to get on with it. It makes me sick to think that there are Demons "unsupporters" out there willing to jump on a 'sack the coach' band wagon after three games with injury depleted sides. I say get a life and go back to which ever club you unsupported two years ago.

PS I think Bate needs a shot of whatever Cousins was on, is it just me or is he always about 1/2 a second too slow with his disposals/fumbles.

Interesting points, but can you please answer this question.

This is not the first time this has happened with Daniher, if the board had of made the decision in the past do you think we'd be where we are now?

Or how about this one.

If the board gives Daniher a 3 year extension on his contrcat do you think we'll be saying the same things in round 3 of 2009?

I'm on the "Sack the coach after 9 mediocre seasons" bandwagon.

I can't believe the number of so called supporters who have given up on this season already and are calling for ND to be axed. Did we (MFC) attract some disenfranchised Carlton and Richmond supporters over the last couple of years.

Had we done that, the crowd wouldn't have been 5/1 in favour of Geelong supporters at yesterdays game and we'd have more than the innevietble 15,000 next Sunday. They complain, but they also still show up. MFC fans complain, and cry it out at home.

I'm on the "Sack the coach after 3 mediocre seasons (99, 01, 03) and 4 incredibly dissappointing and underachieving seasons (02, 04, 05, 06)" bandwagon.

fixed

i was on the sack the coach bandwagon in 2003! i actually have built the bloody wagon!

im still there every week so by that i beleive i earn the right to speak ill of the club i love and im sure after every loss this year i will be the same and next year and the year after etc etc etc

Mate get real to say that we are not real supporters is crap I for one have been a member since 1998 and I would say that most of the people posting on this site are memmbers too. What about you are you are member?

As far as jumping on sack the coach bandwagon look at the facts a 10yr coach up & down seasons 99,01,03.In a position to finish top four 04,05,06 fadeouts in all three years.

So called leaders in our list never stand up when needed but yet they continue to get more contracts and never get dropped(we all know who they are)

As using injuries as an excuse look at who the Crows are missing but yet they beat the bulldogs at the MCG.

Collingwood go to Perth without Buckley,Didak etc they push Westcoast all the way

Stkilda continue to have injures but are winning

Richmond a number of injuries but yet close to winning all 3 games.

We have a mental toughness issue in this team and even Brock Mclean a 20yr came out and identified it as a weakness. Daniher has had 10yrs to fix this problem but it continues to raise its ugly head.

If these players cant deliver get rid of them instead we see the same faces delivering the same results.

Injuries aside we are not playing a brand of footy that will even come close to winning.

I can't believe the number of so called supporters who have given up on this season already and are calling for ND to be axed.

I've wanted ND gone for years. I would have been happy to see ND gone after 2000 tbh (or before).

Bate is a big boy. He's 191cm and built like the proverbial. He's fast in straight lines (almost caught Wojak), but he's a unit. he was recruited as a KPP and plays a sensational running game (or did last year), but he'll not be a midfielder forever.

As for hwhat you say about his hands there, everyone has bad form/confidence issues. His hands were sensational last year when marking, swooping on a loose ball, handballing out of tight spots... He'll come good...

Oh, and the main reason I responded?... "Screen name of the month" award to you...

Mate get real to say that we are not real supporters is crap I for one have been a member since 1998 and I would say that most of the people posting on this site are memmbers too. What about you are you are member?

As far as jumping on sack the coach bandwagon look at the facts a 10yr coach up & down seasons 99,01,03.In a position to finish top four 04,05,06 fadeouts in all three years.

So called leaders in our list never stand up when needed but yet they continue to get more contracts and never get dropped(we all know who they are)

As using injuries as an excuse look at who the Crows are missing but yet they beat the bulldogs at the MCG.

Collingwood go to Perth without Buckley,Didak etc they push Westcoast all the way

We have a mental toughness issue in this team and even Brock Mclean a 20yr came out and identified it as a weakness. Daniher has had 10yrs to fix this problem but it continues to raise its ugly head.

If these players cant deliver get rid of them instead we see the same faces delivering the same results.

Injuries aside we are not playing a brand of footy that will even come close to winning.

I've been a member since 1957 and I couldn't agree more. The mental fragility that is shown by our players is either a reflection of the coach, or our recruiters look for softies. I've had a few chats with Rob Hyde (former coach of the Calder Cannons) and he reckons we haven't recruited softies. So that leaves ND as the man who holds the buck.

i disagree that demons suporters are fair weather supporters...

surely anyone who hasnt seen a premiership for 44 years and still supports the club and goes to matchs should be commended.

im only 19, but if i get to 50 years old without seeing a premiership i assume that by that stage i would be wrathful at anything less than excellence. demon supporters are sick of being mediocre and want a premiership, not 5-8th every season. isnt that fair enuf. its not like people are ripping up their memberships. we have the highest memberships this year ever (more than 25000)

demon supporters are sick of being mediocre and want a premiership, not 5-8th every season. isnt that fair enuf. its not like people are ripping up their memberships. we have the highest memberships this year ever (more than 25000)

Yes, fair enough Sylvinator.

So what are you doing about it?

So what are you doing about it?

what are his options ?

One thing everyone can do is support the club when it's in trouble rather than venting their spleen.

Then there are a range of options like going to the game and SUPPORTING. Going to training and supporting the guys. Posting some encouragement, some players do read these sites. Heaven help you but you could do volunteer work. You could think of fund raising ideas. You could ring up SEN and offer public support. You could write to the footy department offering encouragement and support and if your financial situation was such you could contribute. You could even put your ball on the line and stand for the Board.

There are lots of things if you want to.

Ah, I hear you say. I don't have the time or the money and I wouldn't give it to them given their performance anyway.

More fool you and as they say "you reap what you sow".

Good on you GL.

BTW, thanks for the question Bub.

Fair weather sailors my A%$e

A- Danners has had MORE than his fair chance to do something with this list. Anything outside the top 4 this year is not good enough- his time is up! the " sack the coach bagwagon" has been roling on for some time now- get with the freakin program!

B- We are not giving up on the season, the MFC is the one giving up on this season- they know they are in deep poo, the supporters are just more public about. injuries are part of football- our club has not put the right pieces and plans in place to stop us falling like a house of cards. other sides get injuries, they dont collapse like the mfc of 2007.

C- I paid 430 freakin dollars for my membership this year, and DO NOT CARE if they finish last, as i HONESTLY believe that a bottom placed finish will be the ebst thing for the club in the near future. We get the best kid in the land, first dibs on a out of contract player, AND we will get a new coach. On top of that not many of our out of contract players can ask for absurd contracts due to the sides poor form.

I will support my team to the death, supporters view need to be heard, they are not "unsupporters" becasue they come year in and year out and support the red and blue.

can our club survive a bad year though?

our supporters are fickle enough, what happens if we finish bottom, how many wont sign up as members

unless we manage to put michael voss in a coach, gary lyon as an assistant, get chris judd, pick up a reiwoldt-like young gun, and put the club in excitement mode, then we are stuffed

To answer your question yes I am a member and have been since `02.

I think my main point is that not all the rollercoaster ride of the last ten years can be attributed to Daniher, I think poor leadership and management by the Board has been the biggest problem up until Gardiner took the reigns.

I think the on field performances have been OK in 04 & 05 except for the losing streaks that cost us top four spots, which are probably partly Neal's fault but the players should be just as accountable.

I think you are on the right track when you say there is a leadership problem among the playing group and a lack of mental toughness as a team but is that really all Daniher's fault? Maybe as players like McLean, Sylvia, Jones, Rivers and Bartram take more of a leadership role at the club their attitudes will rub off on other players and we will lift.

Bate is a big boy. He's 191cm and built like the proverbial. He's fast in straight lines (almost caught Wojak), but he's a unit. he was recruited as a KPP and plays a sensational running game (or did last year), but he'll not be a midfielder forever.

As for hwhat you say about his hands there, everyone has bad form/confidence issues. His hands were sensational last year when marking, swooping on a loose ball, handballing out of tight spots... He'll come good...

Oh, and the main reason I responded?... "Screen name of the month" award to you...

Fair enough, I guess after watching him be so impressive last year you forget he is still just a pup. Has a lot of potential and ND has faith in the lad hopefully he can extract all he has got.

Interesting points, but can you please answer this question.

This is not the first time this has happened with Daniher, if the board had of made the decision in the past do you think we'd be where we are now?

Or how about this one.

If the board gives Daniher a 3 year extension on his contrcat do you think we'll be saying the same things in round 3 of 2009?

I'm on the "Sack the coach after 9 mediocre seasons" bandwagon.

To be honest I can't answer your questions and I don't think anyone can with any authority.

But I can say that I think we have recruited as well as any club over the last three or four years especially when you consider that we havent exactly had first pick of the best youngsters so for me the future looks good and even better if Judd can be lured/afforded.

I have a question for you, who will replace Daniher? or rather who would you like to see coaching the club from next year? Who is available and who has the desire?