Are we capitalising on our on-field successes?

Mach5

19 hours ago, Dee Viney Intervention said:

AFLSE is the governing body which looks after junior football in the region. They cover southern Melbourne jfl, Frankston district jfl, Mornington peninsula jfl, and outer south east jfl, Melbourne and St Kilda are the 2 teams that have access to these leagues. If you are a member of any of these competitions then you can choose either a complimentary junior membership to either Melbourne or St Kilda. I coach girls football in a league that is in St Kilda’s region and my daughter is in St Kilda’s Generation Academy but have the option to nominate Melbourne as her club. From the girls side of things St Kilda seem to be going for quantity over quality for their academy teams which maybe a reflection of where their AFLW side is at. All reports I hear is that Melbourne is doing a great job with marketing and development in its region and a premiership will certainly help.

Giving free Memberships to kids is all very nice and positive, but if the team isn’t winning regularly, it won’t matter. 
Kids want to watch winning teams, maybe more than decades before. 
My neighbors young boy is 12 and has been a Whorethorn follower since the 3 in a row, now he doesn’t want to watch them. 
i know it’s only 1 example, but the losing teams are not cool in school. 

On 3/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, whatwhat say what said:

smjfl is very much st kilda's zone, not melbourne's, at least judging by my son's experience

a couple of years back it was so blatant that if you signed up as a junior you got a complimentary saints membership

The set of steak knives thrown in used to be the less valuable commodity. Have things changed, or was a St Kilda membership worth less than an SMJFL one?

On 3/4/2022 at 5:40 PM, whatwhat say what said:

pretty sure it was gifted as an area to the aints as part of gilligan's largesse towards his side

Humour me - if this was incorrect, it would be maddening, would it not? How are we not taking up this opportunity to engage with thousands upon thousands of AFL playing kids at an age where they are known to switch allegiances to winning teams, where sponsors would pay for all the branding and merch just they can get their products under the kids noses at the same time?

• Facepalm 2

13 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

Humour me - if this was incorrect, it would be maddening, would it not? How are we not taking up this opportunity to engage with thousands upon thousands of AFL playing kids at an age where they are known to switch allegiances to winning teams, where sponsors would pay for all the branding and merch just they can get their products under the kids noses at the same time?

take it to an aints board, cos we don't have any interactivity with the area anymore

• Facepalm 1

51 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

By winning games we will engage with 1000’s of kids

Free Memberships get thrown in the bin, if the team isn’t successful 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

The length people will go to, to stick their head in the sand is well beyond my comprehension.

Why do you think we got Casey in the first place?

Nobody else wanted it. 
We have been engaging with school kids out there since Day 1

The only real interest these kids will have is if we continually Make Finals and win the big games. I think it is you, who is having trouble with comprehension. 

Kids do not follow losers, unless they are forced with starvation 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 3:02 PM, jnrmac said:

Pert was CEO for the Pies last flag when they lost c$1.5m on merchandise after miscalculating demand,

Let's hope he learned his lesson

Most of that was merchandise in the form of dentures which had teeth already missing.

Supply exceeded demand.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.