Jump to content

Welcome to Demonland Kynan Brown


dazzledavey36

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Wizard of Koz said:

I have 2 eyes! You have one obviously.

Money, money and money. That's why he is telling himself he is not cooked. 

I don't think that's entirely fair on Ben.

Though I would agree it would be difficult for a player with an active contract that guarantees several hundred thousand dollars in salary to retire. 

Unlike others in the workplace he doesn't collect superannuation or pension when retiring from AFL at age 33. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To get back on track is there anyone on the site that has any inkling what has transpired between the Brown family and the MFC. I find it a bit distressing that the MFC have not commented on Kynan or his aspirations.!!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

To get back on track is there anyone on the site that has any inkling what has transpired between the Brown family and the MFC. I find it a bit distressing that the MFC have not commented on Kynan or his aspirations.!!

Hey, DZ.  I'm not sure there is anything to worry about.   

We don't know yet whether we have/haven't committed to taking him.  Let's assume we have decided to not match a bid.  If he doesn't get drafted we can have him train with us over summer and decide whether to take him as an A rookie.  We did the same with Farmer who eventually we did not sign on.

I'm with @deanox that if we don't take him it is because we have enough of his type of player and we need a bit more variety in our list.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

Hey, DZ.  I'm not sure there is anything to worry about.   

We don't know yet whether we have/haven't committed to taking him.  Let's assume we have decided to not match a bid.  If he doesn't get drafted we can have him train with us over summer and decide whether to take him as an A rookie.  We did the same with Farmer who eventually we did not sign on.

I'm with @deanox that if we don't take him it is because we have enough of his type of player and we need a bit more variety in our list.

 

Im also surprised that anyone would jump to a conclusion around "what transpired between his family and the MFC". Given we are constantly seeing families involved at the MFC including potential future f/s selections.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I think what many are missing is the cultural aspect of keeping him on, and Tmac as well.  It's very hard to ask Petts to stay and honour his contract if you force BBB or Tmac to take early retirement particularly when it will most likely cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars.  I like the fact we are honouring our word, it sends a strong message that can have substantial benefits in unseen areas.

These issues are never clear or easy but a balancing act to find the best overall solution.  We don't know all the facts and I suggest you support the Club in its decision.

 

I dont think thats the point though.  The issue raised is the fact that we are in the position in  the first place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dee*ceiving said:

I don't think that's entirely fair on Ben.

Though I would agree it would be difficult for a player with an active contract that guarantees several hundred thousand dollars in salary to retire. 

Unlike others in the workplace he doesn't collect superannuation or pension when retiring from AFL at age 33. 

My original  comment was not really a criticism of him (although some on here wet their pants)  Every single one of us would do exactly the same in his position. I definitely would.

The point is that we shouldn't be here and secondly of course, naturally, money is the deciding factor. Subconsciously if not with pure common sense that would 100% be the difference between playing and not for him. If he was playing Senior Footy at Tooradin, same age and same body, do you think he would saddle up again next year and put his body through the sort of rehab and preseason he is about to start? 

Of course not. Thats just life. This is on Tim Lamb.

 

Edited by Wizard of Koz
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Redleg said:

You mean the ruck forward that we didn’t play for a single minute, when sub in the Semi, even though Tom Mac was possessionless in the second half and couldn’t even get to a forward half ruck contest?

FD obviously think he is a good option!

Please don't remind me. And a fit Grundy watching from the stands.

  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


23 hours ago, Wizard of Koz said:

I have 2 eyes! You have one obviously.

Money, money and money. That's why he is telling himself he is not cooked. 

 

10 hours ago, Wizard of Koz said:

 

I dont think thats the point though.  The issue raised is the fact that we are in the position in  the first place.

 

10 hours ago, Wizard of Koz said:

My original  comment was not really a criticism of him (although some on here wet their pants)  Every single one of us would do exactly the same in his position. I definitely would.

Of course not. Thats just life. This is on Tim Lamb.

 

I think it's unfair for you to project avarice onto Ben Brown who is one of the most ethical and giving AFL footballers going around. If he thinks he can go on to to fulfil his contract and make a contribution then I'm inclined to trust him.

What exactly should Tim Lamb have done differently? We secured Brown on a very reasonable contract and at a low trade price and he was instrumental in our 2021 flag win. I'm not sure how Lamb can force Brown to retire especially when we have to pay him under the 2024 cap anyway.

We've got 4 remaining list spots and we've already made 3 changes. That's reasonable. We can take Kynan Brown if we rate him sufficiently - let's see what happens before "wetting your pants".

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, old55 said:

 

 

I think it's unfair for you to project avarice onto Ben Brown who is one of the most ethical and giving AFL footballers going around. If he thinks he can go on to to fulfil his contract and make a contribution then I'm inclined to trust him.

What exactly should Tim Lamb have done differently? We secured Brown on a very reasonable contract and at a low trade price and he was instrumental in our 2021 flag win. I'm not sure how Lamb can force Brown to retire especially when we have to pay him under the 2024 cap anyway.

We've got 4 remaining list spots and we've already made 3 changes. That's reasonable. We can take Kynan Brown if we rate him sufficiently - let's see what happens before "wetting your pants".

 

Once again the preciousness has got the better of you and others.

Money, Money and Money simply means "A lot of money". Simple as that. What you read into it is your issue. There is no negative projection on BB and if you take the time to not be outraged you will see that clearly.

Lamb signing Brown for 4 years when he came injured is the error. Is that hard to work out?

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, old55 said:

 

 

I think it's unfair for you to project avarice onto Ben Brown who is one of the most ethical and giving AFL footballers going around. If he thinks he can go on to to fulfil his contract and make a contribution then I'm inclined to trust him.

What exactly should Tim Lamb have done differently? We secured Brown on a very reasonable contract and at a low trade price and he was instrumental in our 2021 flag win. I'm not sure how Lamb can force Brown to retire especially when we have to pay him under the 2024 cap anyway.

We've got 4 remaining list spots and we've already made 3 changes. That's reasonable. We can take Kynan Brown if we rate him sufficiently - let's see what happens before "wetting your pants".

 

Let's also remember that Ben Brown is essentially another forward line coach, given his experience.

His knowledge will be invaluable for guys like JVR and Petty.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, DistrACTION Jackson said:

Let's also remember that Ben Brown is essentially another forward line coach, given his experience.

His knowledge will be invaluable for guys like JVR and Petty.

And doesn't cost anything under the soft cap

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Wizard of Koz said:

Once again the preciousness has got the better of you and others.

Money, Money and Money simply means "A lot of money". Simple as that. What you read into it is your issue. There is no negative projection on BB and if you take the time to not be outraged you will see that clearly.

Lamb signing Brown for 4 years when he came injured is the error. Is that hard to work out?

Look just because you seem entirely motivated by and obsessed with "Money, Money and Money" doesn't mean everyone else is, you're projecting.

Lamb not signing Brown at all because he low-balled him and therefore no 2021 flag. Is that hard to work out?

Edited by old55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/11/2023 at 15:16, DeeZone said:

To get back on track is there anyone on the site that has any inkling what has transpired between the Brown family and the MFC. I find it a bit distressing that the MFC have not commented on Kynan or his aspirations.!!

What an odd post.

He’s right on the borderline of being good enough to get drafted, the club are just getting their ducks in a row about whether he’s picked up as a rookie or just invited to train over summer.

Why on earth would something have “transpired between the Brown family and the MFC”?!

  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, old55 said:

Look just because you seem entirely motivated by and obsessed with "Money, Money and Money" doesn't mean everyone else is, you're projecting.

Lamb not signing Brown at all because he low-balled him and therefore no 2021 flag. Is that hard to work out?

Way too low IQ for me to want to engage with. You think what you want mate, thats cool.

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 

3 hours ago, Demonised said:

What about James Brown? 

 

Animated GIF
 

Gil’s apparently booked him and the JB’s for his final farewell appearance as the outgoing AFL CEO at this year’s National Draft Ball. 

Highlight of the evening will be a medley of JB originals as a tribute to Gil’s career and contribution to footy. Songs believed to be in the medley selection include  “Papa Don’t Make No Mess”, “It’s a Man’s Man’s World”, “Please Please Please” and as the finale a stirring rendition of “Give It Up Or Turnit Loose” *

James Brown was unable to attend the recent AFL Draft Combine but this exert of his highlights video got industry recruitment insiders excited. As his agility testing was literally thru the roof blitzing Jimmy Krakouer’s long standing record. 

* “Hot Pants” and “Sex Machine” were considered but not included as these numbers were deemed inappropriate for this audience.

Edited by Tarax Club
On The Good (left) Foot
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wizard of Koz said:

Once again the preciousness has got the better of you and others.

Money, Money and Money simply means "A lot of money". Simple as that. What you read into it is your issue. There is no negative projection on BB and if you take the time to not be outraged you will see that clearly.

Lamb signing Brown for 4 years when he came injured is the error. Is that hard to work out?

You seem to forget that the 4th year was the clincher for BB. Anything less he was staying at Nth. 

  • Like 2
  • Clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, djr said:

You seem to forget that the 4th year was the clincher for BB. Anything less he was staying at Nth. 

Yeah .... right. 

North were shipping him out and I cant remember too many other offers.

Either way its detrimental that we have the burden of him being on the list in 24. And he was good at times in 21 but lets not get too carried away with his time at the club. 

Edited by Wizard of Koz
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wizard of Koz said:

Yeah .... right. 

North were shipping him out and I cant remember too many other offers.

Either way its detrimental that we have the burden of him being on the list in 24. And he was good at times in 21 but lets not get too carried away with his time at the club. 

I hope that anyone upset about "club culture" at the moment is also not upset about the recruitment and retention (in 2024) of Ben Brown.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    It's Game Day and after 2 losses on the trot the Dees must win against the Saints today at the MCG to keep in touch with the Top 4. A loss today will see them drop out of the Top 8 for the first time since 2020.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 76

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 419

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 45

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...