Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Hey this website is a repository for the future. In a decade or so people might be thankful that everything regarding a certain topic is aggregate in one spot. 

I'm just joking brother do what you need to

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm happy with the deal, not upset he's gone either. Unsure whether he checked out or got found out this year, I'm concerned with the club not chasing/landing a big KPF and filling some depth. Still unsure how Grundy/Gawn is going to work as I hope they aren't relying on Gawn to hold down that KPF spot. Seems alot of people thinking JVR is the next saviour, he hasn't even played a game yet and is a kid. Fingers crossed it all comes together in the end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

I think it has to now come unto consideration.

If Carlton thought that way they wouldn't have their Brownlow medallist captain.

You draft best available and back yourself to retain them, unless they're saying in pre draft interviews that they only want to be in WA or SA or wherever, but if that was the case they'd also fail the other tests we put them through.

Edited by A F
  • Like 4

Solid two picks Freo had at 7 & 8 in the same draft:

Young and Serong,

Problem for us was our Defense and Midfield were stacked, so we were happy to go the slightly askew pick with upside,

It happens, nothing can be done now 

Edited by The Stigga
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

So he admits that the mid year break he pretty much made his decision.........

Yes just watched him on Ch7 Perth caught up with Freo mid season met the coach and players and decided that’s where he was going. No wonder his form dropped off at the pointy end of the season he knew he was outta here. Bit sad but that’s how things go sometimes.!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

Solid two picks Freo had at 7 & 8 in the same draft:

Young and Serong,

Problem for us was our Defense and Midfield were stacked, so we were happy to go the slightly askew pick with upside,

It happens, nothing can be done now 

Both Victorians mind you. Does undermine your "we can never draft a West Australian again because my feelings might get hurt" thread?

• Like 3

Just now, A F said:

Both Victorians mind you. Does undermine your "we can never draft a West Australian again because my feelings might get hurt" thread?

Not it does'nt, I said nothing about Victorians in the thread,

i said we should stop drafting kids from WA

• Like 1

Just now, DeeZone said:

Yes just watched him on Ch7 Perth caught up with Freo mid season met the coach and players and decided that’s where he was going. No wonder his form dropped off at the pointy end of the season he knew he was outta here. Bit sad but that’s how things go sometimes.!!!

In fairness it wasn’t just him. Matt Rendell said - in his year end review - our fitness was dodgy all year and TMac out was a structural deficiency we could never overcome and that with a good pre season we’d be a lock for top 4 again. 

So on this crappy day let’s just remember where we are at and it’s LJ’s loss not ours. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mmwd6 said:

No but he did talk about how it's been his dream his whole life to play for freo. Lovely. 

Seriously what would you expect him to say.

He also said he made his mind up during  the bye!!

It was pretty obvious to everyone but nuffies on here but also indicates that Freo shouldn't use him as a spokesperson

Selwood ,Dangerfield or Fyffe he aint

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

So he admits that the mid year break he pretty much made his decision.........

Silly boy, should have kept his mouth shut. Has just admitted to lying to everyone. Didn’t need to say anything. Shows he is not the smartest cookie in the packet.

Anyway, wish him well personally, but I hope Freo never beats us while he is a Docker.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, The Stigga said:

Not it does'nt, I said nothing about Victorians in the thread,

i said we should stop drafting kids from WA

You said Freo saw the writing on the wall and drafted all WA kids last year. Well, their entire midfield is made up of Victorians. Jackson now being the exception.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A F said:

You said Freo saw the writing on the wall and drafted all WA kids last year. Well, their entire midfield is made up of Victorians. Jackson now being the exception.

Sure, I wish them the world on that front,

Cerra was a vital cog that wanted to go home, they were spooked, decided to go all WA in the draft, it was very much on purpose and I agree with them,

Likewise what the hell is the point of using a high pick on someone not from these parts? Look at North today, its not worth the hassle, the worry, the constant [censored] in the media all year about it,

Yeah Brayshaw and Serong might stay, great! Thats nothing to do with us.

Tell me if you would be comfortable with using our first this year and next on someone from WA...?

Please, none of you would... 

Edited by The Stigga
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, A F said:

If Carlton thought that way they wouldn't have their Brownlow medallist captain.

You draft best available and back yourself to retain them, unless they're saying in pre draft interviews that they only want to be in WA or SA or wherever, but if that was the case they'd also fail the other tests we put them through.

Might have a better chance if keeping them if the Club actually had a home and consequently an identity

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Unicorns like their flags are nonexistent. 

The replies to that tweet are hilarious.

• Like 2