Membership 2021

On 4/8/2021 at 10:15 AM, BillyBeane said:

Yep, I'm a Covid refugee who has returned to Melbourne from overseas.  For the first time in years I've been able to have in person footy chat with people. Every single Melbourne supporter I've bumped into, when asked about their hopes for the season ahead has pretty much said "I've given up on having any expectations" LOL

BB don't you have a mind of your own?

If they are going to jump of a cliff tomorrow will you join them?

Now we are 4-0 we are not losing so no worries sign up!! 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:10 AM, old dee said:

I am a member but have little confidence I will go to a game this season with there now being no hope of the majority of the population being  vaccinated by September. And with  Victoria  starting to take in overseas citizens again we can just about guarantee another outbreak I can see why people would be loath to buy a membership. We are not in a " normal" world any longer. 45k membership might be a big number in 2021.

OD I've resigned as full member after a few years hiatus. I only get to a few games a year but have managed 2so far and looking forward to a few more. Coming from NE Vic where social distancing is now ingrained. Mask wearing is still sporadic (usuallytourists). 

I have been cautioned by some not to bring the virus back and have been reassured with the consideration of everyone to make that pretty easy.

Along with tracing and distancing that are managed by organisations, plenty of sanitation is available.

Personal attention to monitoring surroundings will keep us all as safe as possible.

Vacine only eases symptoms it does not stop the spread so it will be good practice that may even reduce the incidence of flu and the common cold.

Stay vigilant and we will all be able to support the team.

8 hours ago, praha said:

i assume you never leave your house? even if the virus were rampant in the state the chances of you getting it outdoors in a stadium are minuscule. 

There you go I am not taking a miniscule chance.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dpositive said:

OD I've resigned as full member after a few years hiatus. I only get to a few games a year but have managed 2so far and looking forward to a few more. Coming from NE Vic where social distancing is now ingrained. Mask wearing is still sporadic (usuallytourists). 

I have been cautioned by some not to bring the virus back and have been reassured with the consideration of everyone to make that pretty easy.

Along with tracing and distancing that are managed by organisations, plenty of sanitation is available.

Personal attention to monitoring surroundings will keep us all as safe as possible.

Vacine only eases symptoms it does not stop the spread so it will be good practice that may even reduce the incidence of flu and the common cold.

Stay vigilant and we will all be able to support the team.

I paid my membership in full knowledge that I probably would not use it. The reason I bought the subject up was to explain why some members were perhaps not attending. The Vic government gives mebno confidence they can conduct the above and stop the spread of the inevitable escape  from quarantine. 

14 minutes ago, old dee said:

I paid my membership in full knowledge that I probably would not use it. The reason I bought the subject up was to explain why some members were perhaps not attending. The Vic government gives mebno confidence they can conduct the above and stop the spread of the inevitable escape  from quarantine. 

I am hopeful that individual understanding and responsibility will overcome the incompetence of government.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, george_on_the_outer said:

43,421 as of this morning......

Thanks GOTO - as per your rolling update in the first post, this is the highest number we've had at this time of year except for 2019 (which we were riding a membership wave from the previous year's success).  2019 was the only time we cracked the 50k mark.

We seem like a decent chance to do this this year - especially if we can keep winning!  Would be a huge effort in the covid era

• Like 2

On 4/14/2021 at 9:35 AM, roy11 said:

Is it too early to look into the Grand Final Guarantee, LIDS OFF!

No i purchased one as i reckon the odds of us appearing in one are growing ever since Kozzie & then Choco were snapped up.  They have completely changed the mood & general player landscape down there imho.

Don't buy one at your peril folks.  Can feel it in the bones and these are pretty old Demon bones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rusty Nails said:

No i purchased one as i reckon the odds of us appearing in one are growing ever since Kozzie & then Choco were snapped up.  They have completely changed the mood & general player landscape down there imho.

Don't buy one at your peril folks.  Can feel it in the bones and these are pretty old Demon bones.

It's only round 5 coming up RN. I would have thought your old bones would have taught you to keep the lid on tight. 

56 minutes ago, old dee said:

It's only round 5 coming up RN. I would have thought your old bones would have taught you to keep the lid on tight. 

Yes i should pull my head in a little OD.  Fritsch out as we speak!

16 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Not keen on taking the Astra Zeneca vaccine OD so you can then get to a game?

If we make the grand final we may need to enclose @old deein bubble wrap? so he can come to the game - who knows when we might get to another one.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

If we make the grand final we may need to enclose @old deein bubble wrap? so he can come to the game - who knows when we might get to another one.

Might be more dangerous than a dose of carona LH!Humor Wtf GIF by FC Barcelona

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Not keen on taking the Astra Zeneca vaccine OD so you can then get to a game?

Cannot wait to get it. My dr says first dose might be available in June. But they have no idea at this point. Then 3 months to second. 

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I feel quite safe here hiding under the bed LH.

19 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Are you sure you are  not getting a little premature LH.

10 minutes ago, old dee said:

I feel quite safe here hiding under the bed LH.

I was serious.  After waiting and supporting with memberships for so long we would need to find a way to get you there.

3 minutes ago, old dee said:

Are you sure you are  not getting a little premature LH.

My optimism is still strong:  6/0 or 5/1 after the tigers game.  Then who knows.

Just now, old dee said:

Fritz is out now LH who kicks his goals?

Not sure - Hawks have no decent defenders of note anyway..  Let Max follow McElvoy around if he goes down back to support them.

Then again, a miracle might happen and Melksham steps up...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I was serious.  After waiting and supporting with memberships for so long we would need to find a way to get you there.

Virus or not LH I seriously doubt I would get a ticket if the miracle happened. We are now reaching the point we're we have more members than the available tickets for GF's. TV would be fine.

Edited by old dee
  • Like 1