• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     

• Podcast LIVE Tonight @ 8:30pm     

Membership 2021

17 hours ago, HarpenDee said:

I have emailed the club 3 times asking for someone to call me about renewing  membership, GF guarantee and pledge per win for me and my father. I also want to sign my first set of twins up as member and have a second set of twins due in April that I want to sign up if possible.

Not heard anything from the club, makes me want to give up 🤷🏼

As a father of only 1 set of twins - respect ✊🏻 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, Superunknown said:

Interesting to see apart from 2019 not much net growth at all over a decade, though some volatile increases recently correlating (?) to buzz/results.

Looks like there's a rusted on base, and some may join up then drop off....

I'd love to know how many "unique" members we've had over the last day 5 years. I'd say there's probably 25-30k who sign up every year then another 20k or so who might sign up then drop off depending on form, personal circumstances or whatever else might impact it. 50k should be out base membership, we cannot drop below that. We need to get that up to 60k and then be stretching ourselves to hit 70-75k members. Of course only results will get us that but I don't understand supporters who won't dig in to support the club even with a token membership (3 game etc)

• Like 3

On 3/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, HarpenDee said:

I have emailed the club 3 times asking for someone to call me about renewing  membership, GF guarantee and pledge per win for me and my father. I also want to sign my first set of twins up as member and have a second set of twins due in April that I want to sign up if possible.

Not heard anything from the club, makes me want to give up 🤷🏼

2 sets of twins!! Geez mate congratulations and good luck!

Can you renew/sign up online? Cuts to staff would've definitely impacted membership Dept might be easier to go through the website?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd love to know how many "unique" members we've had over the last day 5 years. I'd say there's probably 25-30k who sign up every year then another 20k or so who might sign up then drop off depending on form, personal circumstances or whatever else might impact it. 50k should be out base membership, we cannot drop below that. We need to get that up to 60k and then be stretching ourselves to hit 70-75k members. Of course only results will get us that but I don't understand supporters who won't dig in to support the club even with a token membership (3 game etc)

At a constant 50k+ membership level I will withdraw dr. Above that it becomes too hard to go to games etc and I figure they don't need my support any longer.

• Angry 1

54 minutes ago, old dee said:

At a constant 50k+ membership level I will withdraw dr. Above that it becomes too hard to go to games etc and I figure they don't need my support any longer.

Our competitors have 100k members. Yes, they will still need your support.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our competitors have 100k members. Yes, they will still need your support.

Above that level the cost/ benefit to me decreases at a rapid rate. If I cannot go and get a seat lower than level 3 I am then a tv viewer.

8 hours ago, old dee said:

For an older person OD your attitude and logic is as I have said so half glass empty!

Under this new Covid system every supporter has to secure a Covid $0.00 Online E ticket. Whether we have 50,000 capacity or 100,000 your effort is just the same and relatively easier when full capacity.

So in effect your issue with finding a seat close to the start of the game and allegedly "fighting off" supporters that make up our 50,000 members is no different Really as priority is given to home ground members!!! Easy come 10 mins before the game and your row you sit in or your specific seat  is already chosen for you!

What is so difficult about that ? 

Of course you have already stated you won't be going early days or until July possibly due to your Covid fears. That is a personal choice but I prefer to listen to the medical advice and safe seat etc conditions at sporting events as a guide rather than regard an event as a major concern for my health. ( I have a pre existing condition and are over 70 so my vaccine jab is only a few weeks away at worst. I have had a Covid  test which proved negative, My GP arranged it with the Notation "travelling to Victoria " which is correct, at my usual Pathology outlet ( no queuing up) 

I am now awaiting a friend to get the tickets for 3 of us ( they are Victorian's I am 28 years ex pat !!! Vic  / Demon diehard) and if I don't get up off  my [censored] and make it happen I might not see many more opening rounds especially this emotional return for all supporters.

Its all about decisions people make given the facts of health terms and conditions and attitude. 
Go Dees from a 63 year supporter and continuous 55 year member and from Brisbane the last 28 years!!

I hope OD you can see your way to get the G ASAP. and support the team you passionately post about albeit more negatively than positively,

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Can you renew/sign up online? Cuts to staff would've definitely impacted membership Dept might be easier to go through the website?

Membership is not really hard to get into I have never been waiting more than 10 mins and they are so obliging!!

Leave one message and follow up Bout an hour stating you have been ignored!

The squeaky door syndrome !!

From the latest figures as of 14/03 we are only 2,500 below our record year of 2019. 
Uf we can win early games then we are on track IMO for 50,000 plus Or even challenge or record. We won't break the Round 1 figured but the season figures are not a Failure by any means. 

With the Big forwards due back by end of April We if we play our cards tight be in quite a healthy spot member wise.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Thanks all

Some difficulties in play. Im living in the UK now so different timezones mean i need to arrange a call time, need to make enquiries about GF guarantee etc with COVID etc makes online renewal difficult plus they didnt send me out membership packs last year which I need to correct. 

Appears noone is manning the emails so ill stay up late next week and phone membership! Will get there in the end.

Go Dees

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 58er said:

For an older person OD your attitude and logic is as I have said so half glass empty!

Under this new Covid system every supporter has to secure a Covid $0.00 Online E ticket. Whether we have 50,000 capacity or 100,000 your effort is just the same and relatively easier when full capacity.

So in effect your issue with finding a seat close to the start of the game and allegedly "fighting off" supporters that make up our 50,000 members is no different Really as priority is given to home ground members!!! Easy come 10 mins before the game and your row you sit in or your specific seat  is already chosen for you!

What is so difficult about that ? 

Of course you have already stated you won't be going early days or until July possibly due to your Covid fears. That is a personal choice but I prefer to listen to the medical advice and safe seat etc conditions at sporting events as a guide rather than regard an event as a major concern for my health. ( I have a pre existing condition and are over 70 so my vaccine jab is only a few weeks away at worst. I have had a Covid  test which proved negative, My GP arranged it with the Notation "travelling to Victoria " which is correct, at my usual Pathology outlet ( no queuing up) 

I am now awaiting a friend to get the tickets for 3 of us ( they are Victorian's I am 28 years ex pat !!! Vic  / Demon diehard) and if I don't get up off  my [censored] and make it happen I might not see many more opening rounds especially this emotional return for all supporters.

Its all about decisions people make given the facts of health terms and conditions and attitude. 
Go Dees from a 63 year supporter and continuous 55 year member and from Brisbane the last 28 years!!

I hope OD you can see your way to get the G ASAP. and support the team you passionately post about albeit more negatively than positively,

I have told you before I will not be attending any public large crowd events until the majority of the population is vaccinated. That is 2021. For better or worse I have been a member almost all years since 1973 and a supporter since 1961. I figure I have been a very loyal member of a club that is not very easy to follow. IMO once a clubs numbers get too high the benefit to the individual reduces to the point you are no better off than a non member. What is that number? In my view  somewhere above 50k. Now you can keep dropping the glass half empty barb as long as you like but it will not change my view of when I want to belong to a sporting club. 

48 minutes ago, old dee said:

I have told you before I will not be attending any public large crowd events until the majority of the population is vaccinated. That is 2021. For better or worse I have been a member almost all years since 1973 and a supporter since 1961. I figure I have been a very loyal member of a club that is not very easy to follow. IMO once a clubs numbers get too high the benefit to the individual reduces to the point you are no better off than a non member. What is that number? In my view  somewhere above 50k. Now you can keep dropping the glass half empty barb as long as you like but it will not change my view of when I want to belong to a sporting club. 

That's fair enough, I see a membership as more than just a season ticket though. As long as I support the Demons I'll continue to be a member, if I ever decide not to renew it would mean I no longer support the club.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's fair enough, I see a membership as more than just a season ticket though. As long as I support the Demons I'll continue to be a member, if I ever decide not to renew it would mean I no longer support the club.

Dr I don’t think any of the regular 30k+ members or people on here pay their membership because of the benefits of getting into games being their major reason. I have paid my membership year in year out no matter what. I have paid it when I was  unable to attend more than a few games. I paid it this year when I doubt I will go to a game this year. I don’t buy my membership on the basis of what I get. If that were the case I would have stopped paying 25 years ago. As my age mounts there will be a point where I  will lose interest. When the membership get regularly above 50k I figure I will not be needed any longer. 

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

I don’t think it is possible LH. My friends at Richmond have been told me if you order together you will get seats together full stop. 

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

I don’t think it is possible LH. My friends at Richmond have been told me if you order together you will get seats together full stop. 

That's disappointing.  You pay quite a premium for reserved seats and to lose that right is fairly ordinary. 

One would think the ticketing company could program it so that the reserved areas are kept for those members - not necessarily get your 'designated seat' for Home games but at least be in those area which are better located in many ways. 

Not sure I want to risk a seat in the rafters or exposed to the elements from a random computer allocation.

24 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Better off, phoning first thing Monday morning, that is what i will be doing.

1 minute ago, deebug said:

Better off, phoning first thing Monday morning, that is what i will be doing.

Do you mean the booking company? 

Is it possible to choose your seats?

20 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That's disappointing.  You pay quite a premium for reserved seats and to lose that right is fairly ordinary. 

One would think the ticketing company could program it so that the reserved areas are kept for those members - not necessarily get your 'designated seat' for Home games but at least be in those area which are better located in many ways. 

Not sure I want to risk a seat in the rafters or exposed to the elements from a random computer allocation.

Don’t take that as 100% LH. Just what I have heard.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Do you mean the booking company? 

Is it possible to choose your seats?

I think it has to be done through the club? 

I know with the cheersquad it's saying you book a seat through them, on Tuesday up until 5.00pm.

You use your membership number to book.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

they said something about you would get seated in your general seating area if your membership had reserved seating.

but i doubt you will get your reserved seat number, but a chance it might be close(ish) 

• Thanks 2

On 3/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, HarpenDee said:

I also want to sign my first set of twins up as member and have a second set of twins due in April that I want to sign up if possible.

never sleep in again meme.jpg

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

All I know Luci is the info from an email the club sent a couple of weeks ago. 

44D8BB0E-FDA0-4842-BBBB-B3F44DB60392.thumb.jpeg.0ba50646c78db55e53d6cf9df269f052.jpeg