Jump to content

  • Podcast:     

  • Podcast:     


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, HarpenDee said:

I have emailed the club 3 times asking for someone to call me about renewing  membership, GF guarantee and pledge per win for me and my father. I also want to sign my first set of twins up as member and have a second set of twins due in April that I want to sign up if possible.

Not heard anything from the club, makes me want to give up 🤷🏼

As a father of only 1 set of twins - respect ✊🏻 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s all about Wins. Thousands of MFC Supporters are sick and tired of losing I have at least 5 mates who are dormant Supporters  they have had enough 

I would expect the Membership Department to be busy this week 

Posted Images

On 3/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, Superunknown said:

Interesting to see apart from 2019 not much net growth at all over a decade, though some volatile increases recently correlating (?) to buzz/results.

Looks like there's a rusted on base, and some may join up then drop off....

I'd love to know how many "unique" members we've had over the last day 5 years. I'd say there's probably 25-30k who sign up every year then another 20k or so who might sign up then drop off depending on form, personal circumstances or whatever else might impact it. 50k should be out base membership, we cannot drop below that. We need to get that up to 60k and then be stretching ourselves to hit 70-75k members. Of course only results will get us that but I don't understand supporters who won't dig in to support the club even with a token membership (3 game etc)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, HarpenDee said:

I have emailed the club 3 times asking for someone to call me about renewing  membership, GF guarantee and pledge per win for me and my father. I also want to sign my first set of twins up as member and have a second set of twins due in April that I want to sign up if possible.

Not heard anything from the club, makes me want to give up 🤷🏼

2 sets of twins!! Geez mate congratulations and good luck!

Can you renew/sign up online? Cuts to staff would've definitely impacted membership Dept might be easier to go through the website?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd love to know how many "unique" members we've had over the last day 5 years. I'd say there's probably 25-30k who sign up every year then another 20k or so who might sign up then drop off depending on form, personal circumstances or whatever else might impact it. 50k should be out base membership, we cannot drop below that. We need to get that up to 60k and then be stretching ourselves to hit 70-75k members. Of course only results will get us that but I don't understand supporters who won't dig in to support the club even with a token membership (3 game etc)

At a constant 50k+ membership level I will withdraw dr. Above that it becomes too hard to go to games etc and I figure they don't need my support any longer.

  • Angry 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, old dee said:

At a constant 50k+ membership level I will withdraw dr. Above that it becomes too hard to go to games etc and I figure they don't need my support any longer.

Our competitors have 100k members. Yes, they will still need your support.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our competitors have 100k members. Yes, they will still need your support.

Above that level the cost/ benefit to me decreases at a rapid rate. If I cannot go and get a seat lower than level 3 I am then a tv viewer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, old dee said:

At a constant 50k+ membership level I will withdraw dr. Above that it becomes too hard to go to games etc and I figure they don't need my support any longer.

For an older person OD your attitude and logic is as I have said so half glass empty!

Under this new Covid system every supporter has to secure a Covid $0.00 Online E ticket. Whether we have 50,000 capacity or 100,000 your effort is just the same and relatively easier when full capacity.

So in effect your issue with finding a seat close to the start of the game and allegedly "fighting off" supporters that make up our 50,000 members is no different Really as priority is given to home ground members!!! Easy come 10 mins before the game and your row you sit in or your specific seat  is already chosen for you!

What is so difficult about that ? 

Of course you have already stated you won't be going early days or until July possibly due to your Covid fears. That is a personal choice but I prefer to listen to the medical advice and safe seat etc conditions at sporting events as a guide rather than regard an event as a major concern for my health. ( I have a pre existing condition and are over 70 so my vaccine jab is only a few weeks away at worst. I have had a Covid  test which proved negative, My GP arranged it with the Notation "travelling to Victoria " which is correct, at my usual Pathology outlet ( no queuing up) 

I am now awaiting a friend to get the tickets for 3 of us ( they are Victorian's I am 28 years ex pat !!! Vic  / Demon diehard) and if I don't get up off  my [censored] and make it happen I might not see many more opening rounds especially this emotional return for all supporters.

Its all about decisions people make given the facts of health terms and conditions and attitude. 
Go Dees from a 63 year supporter and continuous 55 year member and from Brisbane the last 28 years!!

 I hope OD you can see your way to get the G ASAP. and support the team you passionately post about albeit more negatively than positively,
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

2 sets of twins!! Geez mate congratulations and good luck!

Can you renew/sign up online? Cuts to staff would've definitely impacted membership Dept might be easier to go through the website?

Membership is not really hard to get into I have never been waiting more than 10 mins and they are so obliging!!

Leave one message and follow up Bout an hour stating you have been ignored!

The squeaky door syndrome !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the latest figures as of 14/03 we are only 2,500 below our record year of 2019. 
Uf we can win early games then we are on track IMO for 50,000 plus Or even challenge or record. We won't break the Round 1 figured but the season figures are not a Failure by any means. 
 

With the Big forwards due back by end of April We if we play our cards tight be in quite a healthy spot member wise.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

2 sets of twins!! Geez mate congratulations and good luck!

Can you renew/sign up online? Cuts to staff would've definitely impacted membership Dept might be easier to go through the website?

Thanks all

Some difficulties in play. Im living in the UK now so different timezones mean i need to arrange a call time, need to make enquiries about GF guarantee etc with COVID etc makes online renewal difficult plus they didnt send me out membership packs last year which I need to correct. 

Appears noone is manning the emails so ill stay up late next week and phone membership! Will get there in the end.

Go Dees

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 58er said:

For an older person OD your attitude and logic is as I have said so half glass empty!

Under this new Covid system every supporter has to secure a Covid $0.00 Online E ticket. Whether we have 50,000 capacity or 100,000 your effort is just the same and relatively easier when full capacity.

So in effect your issue with finding a seat close to the start of the game and allegedly "fighting off" supporters that make up our 50,000 members is no different Really as priority is given to home ground members!!! Easy come 10 mins before the game and your row you sit in or your specific seat  is already chosen for you!

What is so difficult about that ? 

Of course you have already stated you won't be going early days or until July possibly due to your Covid fears. That is a personal choice but I prefer to listen to the medical advice and safe seat etc conditions at sporting events as a guide rather than regard an event as a major concern for my health. ( I have a pre existing condition and are over 70 so my vaccine jab is only a few weeks away at worst. I have had a Covid  test which proved negative, My GP arranged it with the Notation "travelling to Victoria " which is correct, at my usual Pathology outlet ( no queuing up) 

I am now awaiting a friend to get the tickets for 3 of us ( they are Victorian's I am 28 years ex pat !!! Vic  / Demon diehard) and if I don't get up off  my [censored] and make it happen I might not see many more opening rounds especially this emotional return for all supporters.

Its all about decisions people make given the facts of health terms and conditions and attitude. 
Go Dees from a 63 year supporter and continuous 55 year member and from Brisbane the last 28 years!!

 I hope OD you can see your way to get the G ASAP. and support the team you passionately post about albeit more negatively than positively,
 

 

I have told you before I will not be attending any public large crowd events until the majority of the population is vaccinated. That is 2021. For better or worse I have been a member almost all years since 1973 and a supporter since 1961. I figure I have been a very loyal member of a club that is not very easy to follow. IMO once a clubs numbers get too high the benefit to the individual reduces to the point you are no better off than a non member. What is that number? In my view  somewhere above 50k. Now you can keep dropping the glass half empty barb as long as you like but it will not change my view of when I want to belong to a sporting club. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, old dee said:

I have told you before I will not be attending any public large crowd events until the majority of the population is vaccinated. That is 2021. For better or worse I have been a member almost all years since 1973 and a supporter since 1961. I figure I have been a very loyal member of a club that is not very easy to follow. IMO once a clubs numbers get too high the benefit to the individual reduces to the point you are no better off than a non member. What is that number? In my view  somewhere above 50k. Now you can keep dropping the glass half empty barb as long as you like but it will not change my view of when I want to belong to a sporting club. 

That's fair enough, I see a membership as more than just a season ticket though. As long as I support the Demons I'll continue to be a member, if I ever decide not to renew it would mean I no longer support the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's fair enough, I see a membership as more than just a season ticket though. As long as I support the Demons I'll continue to be a member, if I ever decide not to renew it would mean I no longer support the club.

Dr I don’t think any of the regular 30k+ members or people on here pay their membership because of the benefits of getting into games being their major reason. I have paid my membership year in year out no matter what. I have paid it when I was  unable to attend more than a few games. I paid it this year when I doubt I will go to a game this year. I don’t buy my membership on the basis of what I get. If that were the case I would have stopped paying 25 years ago. As my age mounts there will be a point where I  will lose interest. When the membership get regularly above 50k I figure I will not be needed any longer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

I don’t think it is possible LH. My friends at Richmond have been told me if you order together you will get seats together full stop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, old dee said:

I don’t think it is possible LH. My friends at Richmond have been told me if you order together you will get seats together full stop. 

That's disappointing.  You pay quite a premium for reserved seats and to lose that right is fairly ordinary. 

One would think the ticketing company could program it so that the reserved areas are kept for those members - not necessarily get your 'designated seat' for Home games but at least be in those area which are better located in many ways. 

Not sure I want to risk a seat in the rafters or exposed to the elements from a random computer allocation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

Better off, phoning first thing Monday morning, that is what i will be doing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deebug said:

Better off, phoning first thing Monday morning, that is what i will be doing.

Do you mean the booking company? 

Is it possible to choose your seats?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That's disappointing.  You pay quite a premium for reserved seats and to lose that right is fairly ordinary. 

One would think the ticketing company could program it so that the reserved areas are kept for those members - not necessarily get your 'designated seat' for Home games but at least be in those area which are better located in many ways. 

Not sure I want to risk a seat in the rafters or exposed to the elements from a random computer allocation.

Don’t take that as 100% LH. Just what I have heard.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Do you mean the booking company? 

Is it possible to choose your seats?

I think it has to be done through the club? 

I know with the cheersquad it's saying you book a seat through them, on Tuesday up until 5.00pm.

You use your membership number to book.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

That's disappointing.  You pay quite a premium for reserved seats and to lose that right is fairly ordinary. 

One would think the ticketing company could program it so that the reserved areas are kept for those members - not necessarily get your 'designated seat' for Home games but at least be in those area which are better located in many ways. 

Not sure I want to risk a seat in the rafters or exposed to the elements from a random computer allocation.

they said something about you would get seated in your general seating area if your membership had reserved seating.

but i doubt you will get your reserved seat number, but a chance it might be close(ish) 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

e.g. if you are redlegs seating you will get a random seating but still in redlegs area.

will be interesting for me because my group are mixed with respect to seating

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Does anyone know if we can or how do we get our Reserved Seat which is part of our membership when using this new on-line booking system?

All I know Luci is the info from an email the club sent a couple of weeks ago. 

44D8BB0E-FDA0-4842-BBBB-B3F44DB60392.thumb.jpeg.0ba50646c78db55e53d6cf9df269f052.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    CANCEL CULTURE by Whispering Jack

    I’m not one who likes mixing politics with sport but it should be noted there have been some unusual trends in the world of sport lately. In the US, Major League Baseball announced that it’s moving the 2021 All-Star Game and the 2021 MLB Draft out of Georgia, in response to the state’s new voting law. Over here, there’s a move to force Carlton to change its club song because the original song on which it was based (written in the late 1800s) has “racist connotations”. The Blues maintain the curr

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MOGGIES MASTERED by George on the Outer

    They say that herding cats is an impossible task but not for the Melbourne Demons who through relentless pressure, scored a commanding 25 point victory in Round 4 over Geelong at the MCG. The team that missed the AFL finals only once in the past dozen years were shown up by the new Demons of 2021 who have recorded their first 4-0 opening to the season in 21 years! Melbourne knew what was coming, and it was Geelong who were shown up for their inability to adapt to the 2021 style of foot

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNDER MY SKIN by The Oracle

    The story goes that there’s a certain player from Geelong who has been seen in Moorabool Street crooning the old Sinatra classic, “I’ve got you under my skin.” His name is O’Connor and he’s been tasked to achieve one thing on Sunday by his coach, Chris Scott: to get under the skin of a Demon midfielder on Sunday and thereby tag him out of the big contest at the G. The idea behind the tactic is to not only blunt one of the team’s most destructive weapons but to distract them all from producing th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MAX IN SPACE

    Demon skipper Max Gawn is one big unit at 208cm and lately he’s been standing even taller. We already know that he’s unstoppable in the air when going for a mark but with three consecutive victories to open the season, you might say that he has his head in the clouds.  And that is literally true thanks to a fan at Demonland.com who recently arranged for our big ruckman to go even further than the clouds but way beyond to the edge of space and into the stratosphere. And this photograph of Ma

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 25

    CAPITAL PUNISHMENT by George on the Outer

    A 34-point win in the nation’s capital has seen the Demons kill the Giants hopes early in the 2021 season. It wasn’t only the scoreboard, but a succession of injuries to major players for GWS that has put paid to their aspirations. The winning result wasn’t just due to the opposition losing players, but also to the relentless pressure from this 2021 Melbourne side that put them in the winners circle. In past years, a 16 point deficit at the first change combined with a rampant Toby Greene w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    POWER AND THE PASSION by Whispering Jack

    The Demons ran out for their Qualifying Final match against the Fremantle Dockers at Casey Fields as the sounds of Midnight Oils’ “Power and the Passion cascaded over the mainly friendly pro-Melbourne crowd. It was a far cry from the season opener at Carrara in late January where few of their fans were in attendance in high 20’s heat and humidity and silence greeted every score from the slow-starting Demons. They ran away from the lowly Suns, won comfortably in the end and followed that with ano

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    BREAK OUT by Whispering Jack

    Despite the chaotic events occurring in Canberra over the past few weeks, one thing is for certain. This weekend’s game at Manuka Oval in the nation’s capital between the GWS Giants and Melbourne will decide which of Scott Morrison or Leon Cameron is the most under the pump at this point in time.  This time twelve months ago, the Giants were coming off a season in which they had played off in a grand final. They opened up their 2020 campaign with a resounding 32-point victory in round 1 aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MARVELOUS PRESSURE by George on the Outer

    Is this a new form of Melbourne which has suddenly emerged in 2021?  In the past, whenever the pressure was applied, the team would falter early and as a consequence, it would more often than not, be forced to confront its own self-inflicted failure. But perhaps not so this year. The match at Marvel Stadium against the Saints provided an insight into how creating pressure, actually relieves it on the club, players and coach. Right from the start, Melbourne was there to make a stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    STUCK IN THE MIDDLE by The Oracle

    Throughout the off season, St Kilda was touted as an improver and a possible challenger for a top four position mainly off the back of another good trade and draft period at the end of last year. Then in Round 1, the undermanned Saints made a shaky start and almost succumbed to the Giants but they managed to come home from a wet and woolly Sydney with the four points intact. For Round 2, they have a couple of handy players returning so they come into the the game at Marvel Stadium choc

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A SCRAPPY, SLOPPY SUCCESS by George on the Outer

    After what seemed like an eternity without Footy in Melbourne, the Demons and their fans produced a scrappy, sloppy yet successful return to the MCG. Yet is was against an interstate team from the furthest reaches of the country, but the 21K fans who made it through the gates, was way below expectations for numbers.  Sure it can’t have helped with all the difficulty that Ticketek imposed just to get a ticket, and since you just couldn’t walk up, perhaps the number wasn’t that surprising.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    UNFINISHED BUSINESS by Whispering Jack

    The Melbourne Football Club has unfinished business with Fremantle after that unexpected loss in their previous clash at Cazaly’s Stadium in Cairns cost it a place in last year’s finals campaign.   Back then, the tired Demons spluttered listlessly through the humid conditions in tropical far North Queensland playing in and losing two games in the space of four days and against two lowly clubs. The end result was much more than an embarrassment for the club given what was at stake at th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    PRACTICE PUMMELLING by George on the Outer

    Was this a practice for what lay ahead for the Demons in 2021 or was it an outcome to expect because it was used as a true practice game? Those of us on the outside will never know, but a 39 point loss to the Western Bulldogs was a pummelling in anyone’s language. We can draw some consolation from the players that Melbourne put on the field, with Toby Bedford, Jake Bowey, Kade Chandler, James Jordon and Tom Sparrow each getting a guernsey whereas they probably would not normally be in the f

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...