TRAINING: Friday 19th February 2021

Deespicable

15 minutes ago, rjay said:

Is '58er' really 'Sat'???

No way, Saty is feisty, belligerent and coherent. 58er (a bad year) may be Donald Trump for all the sense he makes.

Is it correct that all clubs are training in "lock out"?

If so, is that a State Government requirement or the AFL?

I for one am missing not going to training but I might make the effort on Monday.

Thanks for making the effort PF and D, great commitment.

Edited by Baghdad Bob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 58er said:

NC Yes communication is vital BUT D/L are not the only forum (as POITA thinks).

The Club would have about 10/15 groups coteries etc to update information that is mostly placed by our very vigilant D/L hierarchy on this site.

Why  my approach is IMO the logical and best one is that the Club is not posting any training info ( schedules etc) because of the Covid rules of isolation etc.

So if we want any insider info we NEED to be the one to Promote and discuss and negotiate with the Club and appropriate section or Official.

I love the reports and are extremely grateful to our D/L track watchers ad I live interstate and on at least 2 occasions have ventured in the past out to Casy to watch training and travelled approx 40 km from the SE suburbs to that ground.

BUT no way would I be setting off now without a call to Membership ( they always are helpful) the day before to clarify the details of training the next day.

I am pointing out that it's up to US to make The MFC aware of our situation and seek some assistance to help the track watchers.

Last week I singled out a possible Inside   way  to contact the club Through our No 1 track reporter ( Saty) who has contacts.

He seems  to have gone to ground forvwhatever reasons but it's a possibility to consider also.

Its not just Not Solvable  by a post in this forum Bleating about Club communication in 2021. With Covid etc we need to be more creative but also more proactive and Logical.

And  I also see far too many D/L posts just blaming the Club one ATM is the practice match vs Tigers !!!

Go Dees 

LOL

Mate he never had contacts through the club. Unfortunately he just sucked you in to believing that he did.

44 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

LOL

Mate he never had contacts through the club. Unfortunately he just sucked you in to believing that he did.

This is actually rot.  I know you don't like Saty Dazzle but he does have contacts inside the club.  He volunteers on membership drives, he mans the tents outside the ground handing out scarfs he used to attend the majority of training sessions and talk to all manner of staff, he know some of the players and he knows Neville Jetta very well.  I've been at a Casey game where Neville sort him out and happily chatted to him for the last half of the game.

You need to put your dislike for him aside and stop saying stupid things.  This, and comment like it being a disgrace Brad Green should be a candidate for the Board just make you look silly (btw Dazzle, you never did respond to my query asking you to substantiate what was a very offensive comment) .  Your footy views are good, stick to what you know best.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Baghdad Bob said:

This is actually rot.  I know you don't like Saty Dazzle but he does have contacts inside the club.  He volunteers on membership drives, he mans the tents outside the ground handing out scarfs he used to attend the majority of training sessions and talk to all manner of staff, he know some of the players and he knows Neville Jetta very well.  I've been at a Casey game where Neville sort him out and happily chatted to him for the last half of the game.

You need to put your dislike for him aside and stop saying stupid things.  This, and comment like it being a disgrace Brad Green should be a candidate for the Board just make you look silly (btw Dazzle, you never did respond to my query asking you to substantiate what was a very offensive comment) .  Your footy views are good, stick to what you know best.

He's been called out many of times on here when questioned on certain topics in a reasonable manner regarding club issues. Anyone can volunteer at a club and speak to staff, not hard ( wish I could too if I didn't leave 3 half hours away). He would snap at anyone if they dared to disagree around all issues Melbourne big or small. He's openly confessed that he comes on here to bait people deliberately. So he gives as good as he gets. 

Around the Brad Green matter? I've either missed the replied response or haven't recieved  a notification.  Bit like the Kobe Farmer one? Didn't get a response back from you either, or the the other thread around potential draftees I would have rather invited instead of Farmer.

I still stand by that I don't believe he should be on our board. But when you have someone like Glen Bartlett running the joint I'm not one bit surprised. I currently have 0 confident in current administration moving forward. 

P.s I know you like to follow me around like a cat lately and nitpick any negative response i may write. So not sure what your problem is .

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He would snap at anyone if they dared to disagree around all issues Melbourne big or small.

This is the bit that I didn't/don't like...unlike you 'Daz' I quite enjoyed his training reports, but I digress.

We went through a period where the board and CEO were sending the club backwards at a rate of knots and questions needed to be asked. 'Sat' would defend them when anyone dared to raise an issue but not just defend them he would get stuck into who ever dared question the club. I guess this maybe part of his military training not to question authority but it needed to be done.

...and despite his assertions that if people had a problem they should raise it at the AGM or with the person concerned, in the end it was people (member) power that tipped them out.

We are in a strange place at the moment and I'm not sure we have the right people in place to take us further forward. I'm really concerned that the current board are not being straight up with us and we could be heading down a similar path to before and the many befores before that...if that makes sense.

We all have blind spots and this was his...he is/was company man.

On other non football matters...and there are some on other forums on this site I found him willing to take in other points of view if you had a good enough argument. It made for some interesting discussion.

Edited by rjay
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, rjay said:

This is the bit that I didn't/don't like...unlike you 'Daz' I quite enjoyed his training reports, but I digress.

We went through a period where the board and CEO were sending the club backwards at a rate of knots and questions needed to be asked. 'Sat' would defend them when anyone dared to raise an issue but not just defend them he would get stuck into who ever dared question the club. I guess this maybe part of his military training not to question authority but it needed to be done.

...and despite his assertions that if people had a problem they should raise it at the AGM or with the person concerned, in the end it was people (member) power that tipped them out.

We are in a strange place at the moment and I'm not sure we have the right people in place to take us further forward. I'm really concerned that the current board are not being straight up with us and we could be heading down a similar path to before and the many befores before that...if that makes sense.

We all have blind spots and this was his...he is/was company man.

On other non football matters...and there are some on other forums on this site I found him willing to take in other points of view if you had a good enough argument. It made for some interesting discussion.

In fairness rjay I actually didn't mind his training reports as well. In fact, if anything I felt it got better over the last few years. When he started out around the Neeld Roos era it was all fluff. Everyone trained extreme well and no one missed a kick or handball on the day. Other track watchers would have the opposite opinion and that would rile him up as well. I remember 2013 summer I honestly felt like we were destined for top 4 the way his training reports were written.

I started to note a shift in his training reports in the last couple of years when he actually became more honest and didn't sugar coat things like he use too. That's all we asked for. When he was honest I actually quite enjoyed reading his reports and found his summaries were far more in depth then previous years.

I'm very appreciative of @picket fence and @Deespicable taking the time out to trek out to Casey these days and giving us interstate fans something to read. I hope today's events hasn't turned them of going next week.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Like 1

The website and media stuff has never been the same since Burgo left. He is the only one that really knew what people wanted to see. Pics and interviews with the new draftees, details on when the intraclub would be, photos galore. A shame it's fallen apart since he left.

5 hours ago, Dr.D said:

The website and media stuff has never been the same since Burgo left. He is the only one that really knew what people wanted to see. Pics and interviews with the new draftees, details on when the intraclub would be, photos galore. A shame it's fallen apart since he left.

All Clubs are restricted by training and access due to Covid regs.etc.

You are waiting for news that is not there .Picture Galleries have been on The website From the Club and there is no point in taking any from the track  watchers on D/L as they are looking through the wire fence.

Both Neitschke and Chandler were featured this week and others have been interviewed at training.

Actually Ben Gibson does  an amazing job forconly the only full timer with dsine help from Caitlyn.

There have  been Intra Club matches on some training days and featured in the training reports. 

The AFL practice matches are on next week end but no times vs Tigers fir the match announced as yet.

Burgo was good but times are different due to Covid and Casey training and  we need  to understand this.