Oliver Rumours on Footy Classified

dazzledavey36

1 hour ago, A F said:

Completely agree mate. Ridiculous how harsh some judge him. I hope Goodwin's not in the same camp as some of our supporters.

If this or @Lucifer's Hero's responses are even partially related to a couple of my recent posts then I want to make clear I think Clarry is the bee's-knees. One of my top-three favourite players to have ever donned an MFC jumper, and by a pretty fair margin. While we all believe he can still get better, I wouldn't ever question or criticise his determination and commitment to doing so and the service he's provided to date. Goody is most definitely an astute supporter. 

I don't buy into rumours of him actively seeking to leave the club, but do accept the notion that he may be somewhat unhappy (as verified by some of our better insiders on here). I just don't dig the empathy given to him for being frustrated and that this would somehow justify his departure. It's Carlton for starters. All innuendo for now, but if he cut and run then I would consider him far far lower than $cully (I never really gave a toss about Tom's departure and fully understood it). 

Clarry is a key pillar to what we are building - and whether he likes it or not - he is now a senior leader of our team. If he rounds out his game then we will be one major step closer. He needs to drive our success, not run away. I hope the club sits down with him and addresses whatever may be bothering him and sell the vision while putting it back on him as well - a la, supposedly, Petracca last year. Then both parties can sign a big fat contract together. I'm frustrated too.

Edited by Skuit
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Feel free not to click on the link to this thread. That is your freedom of choice.

I thought you'd say that. There's lots of interesting and insighful commentary on the site.

Your's isn't one of them.

I'm surpised and dissappointed.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

I thought you'd say that. There's lots of interesting and insighful commentary on the site.

Bit harsh. Demonland posts anything of note someone in the media says whether it has any integrity or not isn't the point. Everything is up for discussion unfortunately whether we like it or not. Thats what forums are for.

I'm definitely going to tune out of this thread from now on. The fake news sans any actual validity is depressing and boring. I think most of us on here are adults (of some form) who can read the rumors ourselves without mulling over it and bickering on this forum.

✌️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's half entertain this trade for a minute, will cost Carlton 2 first round picks and there current pick not a watered down pick later in the first round.  

Would the MFC then go after Brad Crouch, he will be cheaper now.

If we were to lose Oliver(don't think we will), getting Crouch and 2 first round picks would be a pretty good result.

Edited by drdrake

3 minutes ago, drdrake said:

Let's half entertain this trade for a minute, will cost Carlton 2 first round picks and there current pick not a watered down pick later in the first round.  

Would the MFC then go after Brad Crouch, he will be cheaper now.

If we were to lose Oliver(don't think we will), getting Crouch and 2 first round picks would be a pretty good result.

Where do the first round picks come from? I imagine Essendon will get their way prying pick 7 off them.

It just wont happen. He's contracted. We would ask for something they wouldn't be willing to part with. They're simply sniffing around. Same as Collingwood is with Jetta and McDonald or the dogs are with Hannan. The media using different narratives to sway a story is so cunning and folks are getting sucked in!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Skuit said:

If this or @Lucifer's Hero's responses are even partially related to a couple of my recent posts then I want to make clear I think Clarry is the bee's-knees. One of my top-three favourite players to have ever donned an MFC jumper, and by a pretty fair margin. While we all believe he can still get better, I wouldn't ever question or criticise his determination and commitment to doing so and the service he's provided to date. Goody is most definitely an astute supporter. 

I don't buy into rumours of him actively seeking to leave the club, but do accept the notion that he may be somewhat unhappy (as verified by some of our better insiders on here). I just don't dig the empathy given to him for being frustrated and that this would somehow justify his departure. It's Carlton for starters. All innuendo for now, but if he cut and run then I would consider him far far lower than $cully (I never really gave a toss about Tom's departure and fully understood it). 

Clarry is a key pillar to what we are building - and whether he likes it or not - he is now a senior leader of our team. If he rounds out his game then we will be one major step closer. He needs to drive our success, not run away. I hope the club sits down with him and addresses whatever may be bothering him and sell the vision while putting it back on him as well - a la, supposedly, Petracca last year. Then both parties can sign a big fat contract together. I'm frustrated too.

It wasn't directed at you mate. It was directed at half the posts on Clarry this season and since the season finished.

I don't particularly care how the coaches voted in the BnF. It was as clear as day that Oliver was our second or third best player by some margin and well ahead of Viney. Jack then has the arrogance to come out and say the midfield plays selfishly, but seems to excuse himself, easily our most selfish mid.

If we lose Oliver and keep Jack, our club is going nowhere.

Edited by A F
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Yung Blood said:

Where do the first round picks come from? I imagine Essendon will get their way prying pick 7 off them.

It just wont happen. He's contracted. We would ask for something they wouldn't be willing to part with. They're simply sniffing around. Same as Collingwood is with Jetta and McDonald or the dogs are with Hannan. The media using different narratives to sway a story is so cunning and folks are getting sucked in!

Don't care where they come from that is the asking price or no deal.  As I said, if there is any truth behind this, which I think there isn't, we would want 2 first round picks and we then have salary cap space to go after Crouch.  We get a similar player to Oliver for nothing and add 2 first round picks one this year and a future one.

25 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Why are you disappointed if you don't value anything I have to say?

• Haha 2

How crazy would it be if Clarrie left the Club because of dissatisfaction with a fellow player, amongst some other petty issues, without working through the problems under discussion, and that includes his dopey manager and the sheer incompetence of MFC. This needs to be sorted....

Well lets think about this, if Clarry did in fact want to go to the paper bags, then you would start to worry, because he would also want to drag his best two mates over in Trac and Salem, with him. (not all this year of course) so we could not only lose Clarry but another two very good players.

The three of them are tight and have even said so, you would think he would want to win a flag with his best two mates, then play for the blues.

At least he will be at the club in 2021, or he puts pen to paper before then.

If the club lets him walk, then we will be going no where fast as a club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A F said:

It wasn't directed at you mate. It was directed at half the posts on Clarry this season and since the season finished.

I don't particularly care how the coaches voted in the BnF. It was as clear as day that Oliver was our second or third best player by some margin and well ahead of Viney. Jack then has the arrogance to come out and say the midfield plays selfishly, but seems to excuse himself, easily our most selfish mid.

If we lose Oliver and keep Jack, our club is going nowhere.

I completely agree with you Adam and have wondered if the Viney thing is at the real heart of Oliver's alleged disgruntlement (Melksham also finished 12th and captained the club for a day which is highly aggravating - and it seems clear to me that they've consistently put a high bar in front of Oliver, but perhaps rightly so?). But I don't think you should be so harsh on Jack based on one media report. Not sugar-coating it - it read poorly - but don't ever trust the media in terms of selecting quotes to fit a narrative. I think I'm one of the good guys, but still do it all the time myself in my reporting. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Who to believe out of Tony Sheehan or Peter Ryan? One is a proven liar, been called an unmitigated [censored] by a club president, had Sam Newman call him a piece of s%*t on national TV and is generally hated by everyone involved with footy, while the other one is Peter Ryan.

Love it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clint Bizkit said:

If we trade Oliver I will riot.

Mate if this happens I will organise a Picket Fence line around the clubs headquarters and body slam anyone who is remotely connected to this travesty!! ? Can't believe this would happen!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe the players themselves could make a better fist of sorting this out than DH managers and MFC.

Just mulling over how long Viney's contract took to be sorted....

I imagine a lot of older frustrated fans are seriously looking for a reason to if not exactly give up on the club entirely but at least care less about the MFC and football in general (i.e. paying membership) - then the loss of our great white hope (extra white) will be a major trigger in my mind according to personal perspective. The best thing to happen to this club in more than a decade. Get it sorted. Make it public. Sign a five-year deal and expect that back in membership 1000-fold. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Mate if this happens I will organise a Picket Fence line around the clubs headquarters and body slam anyone who is remotely connected to this travesty!! ? Can't believe this would happen!!

I support this wholeheartedly on the one condition that @Demonland films and repots on the progress.

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

If this or @Lucifer's Hero's responses are even partially related to a couple of my recent posts then I want to make clear I think Clarry is the bee's-knees.

Not at all Skuit.

A few posts in the thread were hung up about he reportedly being upset about his bnf finish and it seemed to trigger a bit of a pile on his improvement and performance. I felt it was getting a bit absurd so tried to put a bit of perspective into his contribution this year.

• Love 1

If Oliver is serious about leaving he wont leave this year unless something has gone seriously wrong.

It makes no sense. No one will be able to afford our trade demands.

It makes more sense that he wouls lwave next year as a free agent. His management would be smart enough to know this.

I wonder if there is a bit of message sending here.

Anyway time will tell.

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Thanks 1