Adem Yze - Assistant Coach?

Lord Nev

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Look who liked the Goodwin Interview on the Dees Instagram. 

Now it's not unusual for people associated with other teams to like something on social media and he has a history with the club. 

I can't recall seeing him liking anything from the club but having said that I was never looking. 

I'll be positive for once in my Demons supporting career and I'm going to take this as a sign.

A7070C5B-2E97-43AD-AF87-875CC312F980.jpeg

Now. Now, Demonland. We're Melbourne Supporters. We're supposed to be Pessimistic, not Optimistic.

Todd Viney: Tough, courageous, loyal servant and great leader of the MFC.  Well respected generally in sporting circles including tennis and seen as being of good post football pedigree having played an important off-feild hand in success at Hawthorn and Adelaide.  Welcomed back to the MFC with open arms and initially credited with playing a role in our rebuild from the depths.  That he refused to put up his hand for the senior coaching gig despite some initial success as caretaker was a sign of both humility and maturity in my mind.  Everything rosy 2018 with Taylor and Viney credited as architects of our list rebuild that has bought us back from obscurity to contention.  ... Fast forward a year and according to some on Demonland Todd is seen as part of the problem of the failed season we have just endured - see ya, good riddance Todd Viney ? .

Adam Yze - Come on down!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Todd Viney: Tough, courageous, loyal servant and great leader of the MFC.  Well respected generally in sporting circles including tennis and seen as being of good post football pedigree having played an important off-feild hand in success at Hawthorn and Adelaide.  Welcomed back to the MFC with open arms and initially credited with playing a role in our rebuild from the depths.  That he refused to put up his hand for the senior coaching gig despite some initial success as caretaker was a sign of both humility and maturity in my mind.  Everything rosy 2018 with Taylor and Viney credited as architects of our list rebuild that has bought us back from obscurity to contention.  ... Fast forward a year and according to some on Demonland Todd is seen as part of the problem of the failed season we have just endured - see ya, good riddance Todd Viney ? .

Adam Yze - Come on down!!

Can I ask why Todd is part of the problem?

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

Look who liked the Goodwin Interview on the Dees Instagram. 

Now it's not unusual for people associated with other teams to like something from an opposition club on social media and he has a history with the club. 

I can't recall seeing him liking anything from the club but having said that I was never looking. 

I'll be positive for once in my Demons supporting career and I'm going to take this as a sign.

A7070C5B-2E97-43AD-AF87-875CC312F980.jpeg

That’s good enough for me. 

Welcome back Yze!

• Like 1

This should be close to happening if it is going to happen, cant see what the real hold up would be?  Both teams not in finals,  both teams have made announcements about new signings and departures (Melbourne anyway) 

What would be the hold up? Contracts waiting to end?

1 minute ago, Demon3 said:

This should be close to happening if it is going to happen, cant see what the real hold up would be?  Both teams not in finals,  both teams have made announcements about new signings and departures (Melbourne anyway) 

Possibly waiting to soften the blows of announcing the re-signing of Nibbler and C Wagner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Don't ask me, I don't pretend to know.

Refer to the Todd Viney is Leaving Confirmed thread.

Yep apparently it's his fault because him being around makes us biased towards Jack and that Todd was a part of the "boys club" or something like that. Sports fans sure know how to eat their own. ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

If Yze is the best in the business, then I'm all for getting him.  Who are the equivalents at other clubs?

Can't help but think that a number of people are wanting this to happen, mainly because he's a former MFC player.

To be honest its more about the Clarko influence for me, being an ex Demon star doesn't hurt though.

Edited by Demon3
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Should have zero to do with it.

And I think you are loosely throwing around the term "star".  He was a very good player, but not what I'd consider a star.

As far as I'm aware, he's had 7 years under Clarkson. Don't be so quick to fob him off because you assume that people want him back because he's a former player that did very well for us.

23 hours ago, Demon3 said:

A chance that other teams want to have a chat to him, or were waiting to see if there's anyone else available from one of the teams still in the finals. No point jumping early only to find a better candidate was available a week later. While it's great to have role filled straight after the season, as long as there filled before the players start learning new games plans etc. then we can wait.

4 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

As far as I'm aware, he's had 7 years under Clarkson. Don't be so quick to fob him off because you assume that people want him back because he's a former player that did very well for us.

Read through the 6 pages of this thread and see how many have added the "bring him home" as part of their reasoning for wanting him.

7 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

Read through the 6 pages of this thread and see how many have added the "bring him home" as part of their reasoning for wanting him.

You asked if people were only wanting him back because he was a past player. Someone replies that he mainly wants him because of his experience under Clarkson. You then hone in on the off the cuff comment about him being a past player being a bonus as the only reason they wanted him back. You clearly aren't looking at this subjectively like you state others aren't.

Edited by AshleyH30

5 minutes ago, AshleyH30 said:

You asked if people were only wanting him back because he was a past player. Someone replies that he mainly wants him because of his experience under Clarkson. You then hone in on the off the cuff comment about him being a past player being a bonus as the only reason they wanted him back. You clearly aren't looking at this subjectively like you state others aren't.

I'm sure if you re-read what I actually have written, you will realise how many errors you have just posted.

Have a good day, Adem.

3 hours ago, The Chazz said:

If Yze is the best in the business, then I'm all for getting him.  Who are the equivalents at other clubs?

Can't help but think that a number of people are wanting this to happen, mainly because he's a former MFC player.

We have a vacancy for a strategy coach.

Yze is coming from being the strategy coach for one of the best strategical teams in the comp under one of the best strategical coaches in AFL history.

People can have whatever reasons they wish, but that's the reason he's being sought out by the club for the current vacancy.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Lord Nev said:

We have a vacancy for a strategy coach.

Yze is coming from being the strategy coach for one of the best strategical teams in the comp under one of the best strategical coaches in AFL history.

People can have whatever reasons they wish, but that's the reason he's being sought out by the club for the current vacancy.

I only know how well he’s doing because he’s ex-Melbourne but him being an ex-Dee has nothing to do with why I want him. Hawthorn managed to finish fourth last season (and didn’t do too badly this season considering their list) with an average list, they knew their opposition and prepared to counter them better than any other team. Yze’s role at the Hawks is match day and opposition coach, he’s exactly what we need. 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, SFebes said:

What was his role in 13,14,15? Hawks played just as bad as us at times this year.

Was their goal kicking and development coach early on, improved their goal kicking accuracy by nearly 10%.

Backline coach from 2015 season. Strategy coach this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SFebes said:

What was his role in 13,14,15? Hawks played just as bad as us at times this year.

Goal-kicking and development coach in 13 and 14 then 15 he was their backline coach. 

Hawks players speak very highly of Yze in assisting their kicking accuracy. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Goal-kicking and development coach in 13 and 14 then 15 he was their backline coach. 

You are the man Ethan.

Stuff those other news breakers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Even if he did not have any other strengths, which he certainly does, kicking development alone would be plenty good enough reason to bring him in.

GO DEES.  GO YZE 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, The Chazz said:

Should have zero to do with it.

And I think you are loosely throwing around the term "star".  He was a very good player, but not what I'd consider a star.

thats your opinion, mine is that ooze was a star and having an ex player back who has done his time under the best coach of the modern era is appealing,, if you cant understand that then its not my problem. 

• Like 1