Who will the Demons target next?

Demonland

On 4/17/2019 at 3:30 AM, whatwhatsaywhat said:

hawks are already setting up to throw everything at him, unfortunately, and his best mate plays there and has just signed a backloaded four year deal to help...

If indeed O'Meara signed a back-ended deal to help free up space and the rumours about Tom Mitchell and Chad Wingard doing the same are true, then...

1. The Hawks have space to chase Coniglio, and

2. They are setting themselves up for a bigger than Buddy budget hole when all the back-end pay comes due on players on the age slide.

11 hours ago, Wiseblood said:

That's pretty much it.  It was very much a tongue in cheek suggestion from me.  I was trying to highlight the point that a few people just want someone with pace in the side, or to recruit someone with pace, without actually looking fully at what they bring to the side.  A few rounds ago there were suggestions we should bring Baker in, purely because he is quick.  We need much, much more than just pace.

Oh I realised you were taking the [censored]. It just reminded me how bad Blease was.

I was rapt when we picked him up in the draft. How wrong I was.

We are a bit slow. But it's not as bad as some think. I'm hoping we pick up a hard running mid or two this year. Port have done extremely well by picking up Rozzee, Duursma, Butters and Drew. All of a sudden they are flush with youth and speed. It can turn around pretty quickly.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Our targets are restrained by us getting Lever and May on big dollars. Lewis retirement likely to free up $$$$ 

3 most likely 

Zac Jones

Callum AH Chee

Jackson Nelson

3 running midfielders.  

We should have a heap of cash to play with IMO. Hogan would have freed up a bit.

• Like 1

I think I remember something about MFC enquiring with the Eagles about this Jack Petruccelle kid during last years trade period. shame it didn't go anywhere, he's kicked 5 goals tonight and has got some decent wheels on him. could of been a good get for us running around on the big spaces of the MCG. looks just the sort we lack.

4 minutes ago, Demon Dude said:

I think I remember something about MFC enquiring with the Eagles about this Jack Petruccelle kid during last years trade period. shame it didn't go anywhere, he's kicked 5 goals tonight and has got some decent wheels on him. could of been a good get for us running around on the big spaces of the MCG. looks just the sort we lack.

A few of our regular posters were strong on him in his draft year. We had three chances to get him but picked Spargo, Fritsch and Petty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Our targets are restrained by us getting Lever and May on big dollars. Lewis retirement likely to free up $$$$ 

Not so big in current terms 'norm'.

We don't have anyone close to the $1mill mark so I'm sure we have plenty of cap space if we choose to use it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SFebes said:

That would have all went to May.

Most. Sure. Front ended hopefully.

The club advised mid last year that we had enough room to go after another player in the trade period. We lost Hogan and got May. Everything else isnt worth analysis.

We should have a heap of cash. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

we need speed, x factor, goal scoring ability, crumbing ability

according to footywire out of contract 

1. tippa    ess

2. jamie elliot    coll

surely we will make a play

peter wright, also ooc

• Like 1

If we finish bottom which is a strong possibility.

- Draft Matt Rowell with pick 1

- Trade out Petracca to Port for pick 15.

- On trade pick 15 to GWS for Patton

- Pick 19 to GCSuns for Jack Martin

In: Patton, Rowell, Martin

Retire: Lewis Jones Jetta 

2020 side:

Hibberd May Hore

Hunt Lever Salem

Rowell Oliver Martin

Fritsch TMac Hannan

Melksham Patton Weideman 

Gawn Brayshaw Viney

Harmes Stretch Sparrow Kolodjashnij 

Need to look at those clubs who will need salary cap relief and trade hard for a player in the 10-15 range of that club's best 22.

Off the top of my head both Sydney and GWS will be looking to create room. You would think Collingwood and Richmond would be in a similar boat.

I watched the swans game last night and was very impressed with their Jordan Dawson. Its the first time i have him and I think he shows great potential on last nights effort. I've discovered he's from SA, but does anyone know his contract status? Again, based on last nights showing, could be a great long term pick up.

11 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

I watched the swans game last night and was very impressed with their Jordan Dawson. Its the first time i have him and I think he shows great potential on last nights effort. I've discovered he's from SA, but does anyone know his contract status? Again, based on last nights showing, could be a great long term pick up.

out of contract apparently at the end of the year

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pp-sydney-swans--jordan-dawson

On 4/17/2019 at 2:17 PM, Pennant St Dee said:

Carlton are chasing Coniglio hard and have been for a while

Zak Jones moving up the pecking order at Sydney this year may push his price up if he shines. His hard run and leg speed are what we need through the middle.  Not sold on his decision making and disposal 

Agree. Zak Jones is not polished and composed enough for the type of midfielder we need. Viney, Clarry and Gus need blokes on the outside who ooze speed AND class. That’s what’s missing.