Adam Cerra

Nascent

2017 Pick 5 - Freemantle Dockers

Height: 186 Weight: 85 kg

In the event that Hogan is successfully poached by Fremantle, I believe we should make this kid one of our demands along with top 10 pick. He did sign an extension earlier this year, however was the last of the top 10 from the 2017 draft to do so with a couple articles speculating he would be obtainable. 

For reference, Dom Tyson was traded to Melbourne after signing an extension in the same year as well as Schache from Brisbane to Western Bulldogs. It can happen.

Freemantle want to offer Hogan buckets of cash year on year, fine... time for us to play hardball and demand a quality Vic kid in return.

Knightmares write-up.

Best position: Inside midfielder
Height, weight: 186cm, 85kg
Recruited from: Eastern Ranges
Projected draft range: Top 10
Similar to: Trent Cotchin
October Ranking: 3
Rationale: Cerra is as dominant and classy as any midfield in this year's draft crop. Less exposed form and slight lack of explosiveness is all that places him slightly behind Rayner and Davies-Uniacke.
Strengths: 
Contested ball-winning
Wins first possession at stoppages
Stoppage work
Wins clearances
Stands up through tackles
Strong build
Powerful mark overhead
One-on-one marking
Clean at ground level
Clean ball user on both sides of the body
Decision-making
Vision
Composure under pressure
Production
Evasiveness
Endurance
Workrate
Best suited through midfield but can also be utilised forward or back
Weaknesses:
Acceleration

• Like 1

A.Cerra-Whatever will be ,will be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Interesting topic. Would Freo prefer to move a top 5 pick with a year of development under his belt or surrender an additional top 10 pick in a stronger draft for Hogan?

I'm sucked in by the hype of this year's top 10, and would rather have two cracks at this year's crop. I rate Cerra, but imagine walking away with the King brothers after the draft. 

This is becoming ridiculous. Posters working themselves into a frenzy over Hogan’s potential departure and coming up with their own personal wish list of players to obtain in return. 

I would say “get a grip” but it seems it has progressed way beyond that.

Maybe we can change the website name to Dreamonland? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

This is becoming ridiculous. Posters working themselves into a frenzy over Hogan’s potential departure and coming up with their own personal wish list of players to obtain in return. 

Hardly a frenzy.

You do realise that you have replied to a topic on a Melbourne supporter website in the "draft and trade" forum? Not sure why we can't speculate about potential players that could be involved in a deal for Hogan. Or can we only speculate on players that have been directly linked by the media? Yes it is unlikely and a deal, if any, will probably only involve picks. However I would hope the club is asking the question much like Adelaide inquired about Petracca when we came knocking for Lever. We have the upper hand and should leverage as much as we can if a deal were to happen.

Speaking of being on the draft and trade forum, can you recommend any cheese boards? I would put a wish list down but would hate to offend anyone's sensibilities. Stuff it, I'm going for a stone and marble board. Come at me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adzman said:

Interesting topic. Would Freo prefer to move a top 5 pick with a year of development under his belt or surrender an additional top 10 pick in a stronger draft for Hogan?

I'm sucked in by the hype of this year's top 10, and would rather have two cracks at this year's crop. I rate Cerra, but imagine walking away with the King brothers after the draft. 

King brothers are a huge risk.

Big blokes can go either way. 

10 hours ago, ProperDee said:

How is it ridiculous?

The question is, will or won't Hogan be traded? If the rumour is true, then it warrants discussion (It has been well established MFC clubmen and the members of the media read demonland).

Considering that Hogan's contracted, we as a club should be asking for the farm. That would include at least two first round and a second-round draft pick, or alternatively, as proposed above a first-round pick and a talented young player.

What is more ridiculous are fans sitting idle on the matter. If I'm to see another trade period where we get bent over, whilst acquiring another let's-be-friends "fair trade", I'll be the first to call for Mahoney's head.

In my view when negotiating, when you are the seller and buyer wants what you have, you ask for as much as you would like to get and negotiate down to what you will accept.

Therefore I would ask for 2 early first rounders and Brayshaw.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I hope Freo are prepared and are coming to terms with losing a young player of some calibre.

Whether it be Cerra or Brayshaw, they know they are trying to prize away something that doesnt grow on trees, something they have been trying to get into their club for years. 

Going on other trades in recent years 2 first round draft picks are the norm, but we are talking about a player who plays in the toughest position on the field, not a Defender or midfielder.

We must remember the player in question is just entering his peak 24 y.o, still under contract, this trade should and will set the club up for the next 10-15 years.

The club have not disappointed come draft time in recent years, i hope the trend continues.

Edited by Win4theAges
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Redleg said:

In my view when negotiating, when you are the seller and buyer wants what you have, you ask for as much as you would like to get and negotiate down to what you will accept.

Therefore I would ask for 2 early first rounders and Brayshaw.

We have what they really, really want.

• Like 1