Demon Crowds in 2017

jnrmac

The Dees need only 18000 fans in tomorrow to break through the 800,000 fans attending Melbourne games for the year 

That is a great resuot and should show the AFL , Ch 7 and the rest of the footy world that Melbourne has a large latent fan base waiting to explode. Should hopefully see us get some good fixturing for 2018 and shut up the naysayers about melbourne fans not attending games.

Go Dees

Dees to smash attendance record

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

The Dees need only 18000 fans in tomorrow to break through the 800,000 fans attending Melbourne games for the year 

That is a great resuot and should show the AFL , Ch 7 and the rest of the footy world that Melbourne has a large latent fan base waiting to explode. Should hopefully see us get some good fixturing for 2018 and shut up the naysayers about melbourne fans not attending games.

Go Dees

Dees to smash attendance record

This will be brilliant considering the draw (sorry fixture) that the AFL give us. I am over playing the interstate teams and not getting the higher drawing Victorian teams. When was our last home match against "The Druggies". An absolute con job by the AFL. Give us home games against the stronger drawing teams and you will see an even larger increase. With our stronger team we now attract larger attendances with last week as example. Over 30k where years ago we averaged 18-20k. We are on the up and up. THEY (AFL/Channel 7) will take notice and be rewarded in future years. To quote Teddy Whitten - "stick it right up-em".

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I was well stocked on the wing  SWYL.

Had the pleasure of saying hello to Ronald Dale also.

Before or after drinks ? ?

did you converse coherently with RDB or just grunt?

1 hour ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I was well stocked on the wing  SWYL.

Had the pleasure of saying hello to Ronald Dale also.

Did you get a reply though BBO?

Although it's a Collingwood home game I cannot believe that the MCC are only predicting 45k. I feel that there will be many more Melbourne supporters coming along for the ride in anticipation of playing finals. With the outs for Collingwood many of their supporters may not come but for such a match I would have thought 53-55k would be right. Time will tell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MT64 said:

Although it's a Collingwood home game I cannot believe that the MCC are only predicting 45k. I feel that there will be many more Melbourne supporters coming along for the ride in anticipation of playing finals. With the outs for Collingwood many of their supporters may not come but for such a match I would have thought 53-55k would be right. Time will tell.

Im with you. id be amazed if there were less than 50. Im going with 55. 

10 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Before or after drinks ? ?

did you converse coherently with RDB or just grunt?

9 hours ago, Colin B. Flaubert said:

Did you get a reply though BBO?

RDB was having difficulties in getting back into the Jim Stynes Room. He was attempting the one that was locked. I graciously redirected him and received a friendly "thanks mate".

• Like 1