AFL Evolution Game

Demonland

24 minutes ago, Dommygun12 said:

Just played a half with jack and clarry close game but they won ha ha got em to sign a few things and had a quick chat cool dudes were happy to talk a bit

I was probably waiting right behind you. When I mentioned to them that I come from a family of Hawks supporters, Jack told me that they(Melbourne) will give me something to brag about on Sunday.

Edited by Emerald
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I was probably waiting right behind you. When I mentioned to them that I come from a family of Hawks supporters, Jack told me that they(Melbourne) will give me something to brag about on Sunday.

oh cool i was in the red jersey with 24 on the back clarry asked if 24 was for jkh i said nah m8 that was for robbo and liam jurrah and my basketball number

I said to them after i bought the game im gonna go home and practice as i was pretty bad and clarry said yeh just a little bit ha ha he was quite competitive but in a friendly way

Also asked if they allready had a tournement planned and jack confirmed its under way 

I come from a half melbourne half hawthorn family to which they just start naming flags theyve seen since theyve been alive... bastards 

• Like 1

Got the game. All the names of our players are mixed up. Hogan is called Hibberd by commentary. Garlett is Garland. TMac is number 28. Watts is called Watt. Richo's commentary sounds even more robotic than usual. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 3Dee said:

Seemed OK offline but online so incredibly buggy, can't believe this got released!

This is why it is imperative to do beta testing. If there is not a decent update in the next week this game will be a total failure. 

• Like 1

It's on PSN if anyone cares. They really should've put it up straight away, before all the stinking reviews and comments came out. Not everyone is a sucker like me and will buy it anyway. 

On 03/05/2017 at 9:12 AM, Clint Bizkit said:

The hardest thing with AFL games is getting a good angle and perspective, with such a big ground getting that balance between seeing the play and seeing what is ahead is tough.

Would love a footy game where the angle was from the second level southern stand behind the goals or in the pocket :D It would make the game more about running patterns and zones, rather than one on one contests

Edited by DominatrixTyson

"Oliver is a great mark, but when the ball is below his knees he struggles to get down and get it." lol yep. 

It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, it's a bit worse. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Demonland said:

Got the game. All the names of our players are mixed up. Hogan is called Hibberd by commentary. Garlett is Garland. TMac is number 28. Watts is called Watt. Richo's commentary sounds even more robotic than usual. 

Well, it looks like they have at least got a fairly accurate representation of the commentary team then.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Well, it looks like they have at least got a fairly accurate representation of the commentary team then.

I don't think their is one correctly identified player. Petracca is Pedersen. Salem is Petracca. Vince is Oliver. 

Some of the likenesses are spot on. Some are atrocious. Salem looks like his second cousin Gustavo. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I don't think their is one correctly identified player. Petracca is Pedersen. Salem is Petracca. Vince is Oliver. 

Some of the likenesses are spot on. Some are atrocious. Salem looks like his second cousin Gustavo. 

Did you update it? The names are right on mine. 

12 minutes ago, Deestroy All said:

Did you update it? The names are right on mine. 

It had an update to 1.01 when I initially played that I ignored. I then took a break came back and it said the game had updated but the names were still wrong. Perhaps it needs a restart. 

I think I'm going to miss Garland (Garlett) kicking a bag. 

Can someone please explain how to mark the ball in this game? I'm completely baffled and I'm a gamer..

4 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

Can someone please explain how to mark the ball in this game? I'm completely baffled and I'm a gamer..

It's not easy. Some games or even some quarters I'm marking every thing and then others I can't take a thing.

I'm not sure if its timing with hitting the Triangle (PS4) button or position or a combination or just random.

Also I have been caught dropping the ball many times but not one of my tackles has ever resulted in a free (except against me).

30 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

As soon as the ball is in the air hold down Triangle (L2 / R2 +triangle for spoil / speccy) and release when the circle shrinks to become a solid colour.. same for rucking. Alternatively, if you can control the receiving player quickly enough (L1) use the right analog stick to bump the opposition and your player should mark by default (without pushing triangle.). I switched between the two ways but it's pretty frustrating. 

L1 to switch players without the ball rarely works. When kicking from a free kick L1 is also meant to cycle between receivers - nope.

AI players seem to be able to run over the mark / encroach the zone but whenever a controlled player is even remotely in the zone it's a 50m.

Audio is broken, incorrect names, calls do not match up with play and the 'audio engineer' must have mixed the sound with a $2 pair of earphones  - there is a quick fix though - muting the commentary in audio settings .

Edited by 3Dee