• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A Day at the Races

Toorak

Getting in early this week but I've had my eye on this horse and this race (Sydney Cup) for quite some time.

Godolphin,  Charlie Appleby and fresh off a 2 mile triumph at Meydan (Dubai)  Odds may drift too as it opened at $3

Best Bet

Randwick Race 8 No.10 Dubhe $3.70

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, Macca said:

Getting in early this week but I've had my eye on this horse and this race (Sydney Cup) for quite some time.

Godolphin,  Charlie Appleby and fresh off a 2 mile triumph at Meydan (Dubai)  Odds may drift too as it opened at $3

Best Bet

I notice Ace High is not running and was originally being set for that race Macca. The Sydney mud has just killed him.

Best Bet:

Randwick Race 9 No 17 Fundamentalist (Plc) $4.60

• Like 1

Bullies at $4.25 1-39 is value

oops wrong thread sorry Den!

Edited by Damo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Damo said:

Bullies at $4.25 1-39 is value

oops wrong thread sorry Den!

haha...classic. A welcome to Damo who may join us from time to time on Monkey Business and Day at the Races threads. I like the bullies at the line of -23.5

• Like 3

Best Bets:

Randwick Race 9 No 17 Fundamentalist (Plc) $4.60

Caulfield Race 6 Number 4  Saccharo $4.00 (W)

This weeks selections when taken in a multi will return 68/1 approx (deductions may apply). Good luck punters!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Macca said:

Best Bet Strike Rate

114: 46 - 15 - 15

Australian Group & Listed Races

76 placings from 114 starts is pretty damn good really. 1.5 winners from every 2 picks.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

Just now, Wadda We Sing said:

76 placings from 114 starts is pretty damn good really. 1.5 winners from every 2 picks.

I've done the early double from our 3 picks again Wadda (Saccharo & Dubhe)

I don't want to be posting up 'That's 2 from 2!' without having a small wager on that possible/probable outcome.  Got about 14-1 for the 2 (boosted)  The 3 together offers fantastic value (68-1 non boosted)  I like to have 1 or 2  double's anyway so I thought I'd use our choices. 

It promises to be a great days racing where it looks like we'll get a decent track at Randwick (finally) whilst there's some very competitive racing at Caulfield and also,  there are 5 Black-type/Stakes races at Morphettville.  As usual,  I'll be using Gator & JJ's tips as a decent guide. 

Racenet Form Guide - All Races Saturday

There are a lot of very good betting races and of course,  the mighty mare Winx makes her final appearance. 

JJ's tips (Racing.com - Morphettville) should be up by 10.00am tomorrow but here are Gator's tips (below)... lots of value again.  I use their tips to help with exactas with a couple/few win bets on their value picks.

image.png.f274b781ea8977bdb75223dc0406c53e.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Are Ladbrokes having any Winx specials today? Remember last time it was 2/1 up to $20. Who ever thought up that one must have been sacked....

Sign up with Neds Wadda, they have the ‘ Winx Triple The Winnings’ promo. The $1.30 up from $1.10 is very enticing. Would have been nice to have this promo when she won her first Cox at $6.

Good luck all, off to paintball for a 13th. I’m going to have some fun today, payback time ?.

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Sign up with Neds Wadda, they have the ‘ Winx Triple The Winnings’ promo. The $1.30 up from $1.10 is very enticing. Would have been nice to have this promo when she won her first Cox at $6.

Good luck all, off to paintball for a 13th. I’m going to have some fun today, payback time ?.

Thanks DZ. Im jealous! Nothing like paying back the kids for all the misdemeanors! Enjoy your day. Macca and I will guard the fort in your absence.

• Like 2

Looks like Ladbrokes had a few specials but they finished at 11am. One of them was to Bowman to ride 3 or more winners. 4/1.

I think i will just throw Winx into my Multis as even though its 1.06 it can still boost a 3 or 4 leg multi by 5 or 6/1.

• Like 2

JJ's tips at Morphettville - some excellent value to be found if he is on the money today.

image.png.28e06f7bb8e964bbd7865d40e1bfc84d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Macca said:

JJ's tips at Morphettville - some excellent value to be found if he is on the money today.

image.png.28e06f7bb8e964bbd7865d40e1bfc84d.png

Yes some great value there just looking through Macca. How do you like to use the 4 tips? I usually just look at the top 2 i guess, throw them in some type of exotic or parlay a few.

Does he have a BB for the day?

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes some great value there just looking through Macca. How do you like to use the 4 tips? I usually just look at the top 2 i guess, throw them in some type of exotic or parlay a few.

Does he have a BB for the day?

His best bet got scratched out of the 6th race Wadda (Cool Passion)

I do multiple exactas/trifectas so I look at all 4 of his tips in any given race ... but I only bet on the good betting races so if there is a shortie in any given race,  I ignore the race.

• Like 2

Hadn't checked the other best bets before posting, but was going to pick dubhe too Macca. 

Unusually for me I've done my selection At randwick based on a swoopers track. I just think randwick struggles to come up week to week,  particularly after rain, and the track will be hard to lead on. Two races in and seems to be the right play with horses getting home from tbe rear. Makes for a tough tough day with value winners

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, binman said:

Hadn't checked the other best bets before posting, but was going to pick dubhe too Macca. 

Unusually for me I've done my selection At randwick based on a swoopers track. I just think randwick struggles to come up week to week,  particularly after rain, and the track will be hard to lead on. Two races in and seems to be the right play with horses getting home from tbe rear. Makes for a tough tough day with value winners

I normally put our best 3 altogether so that anybody can quickly see what horses were selected. All you have to do is scroll back a few from the last post. They are normally up by Friday night.

Randwick? You said Eagle Farm? Anyway, not to worry. Thanks for contributing to the thread Binman. I think a few of us will probably give it a bit of a rest over winter as well. See you in the Spring hopefully. Feel free to join us over on Monkey Business for any sporting tips you may have. Go Dees.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I normally put our best 3 altogether so that anybody can quickly see what horses were selected. All you have to do is scroll back a few from the last post. They are normally up by Friday night.

Randwick? You said Eagle Farm? Anyway, not to worry. Thanks for contributing to the thread Binman. I think a few of us will probably give it a bit of a rest over winter as well. See you in the Spring hopefully. Feel free to join us over on Monkey Business for any sporting tips you may have. Go Dees.

I think BM meant his 'other' bets at Randwick

And if it is a swoopers track,  Winx should win in a canter ... drawn the outside barrier too so ideal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

I think BM meant his 'other' bets at Randwick

And if it is a swoopers track,  Winx should win in a canter ... drawn the outside barrier too so ideal

Ok thanks Macca. The 2 favs saluting the first 2 @ Morphettville i see.

Winx looked pretty lively the other night on the news. Think all the cameras upset her. Quite a mean kick in that hind leg. Who gonna come 2nd is slightly intriguing? Im not sure i can remember Harlem and Hartnell going H2H before.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok thanks Macca. The 2 favs saluting the first 2 @ Morphettville i see.

Winx looked pretty lively the other night on the news. Think all the cameras upset her. Quite a mean kick in that hind leg. Who gonna come 2nd is slightly intriguing? Im not sure i can remember Harlem and Hartnell going H2H before.

She did whack that metal gate/fence very hard ... probably of no concern but it's the first slight hiccup since the horse was locked away on the inside in the Turnbull last Spring. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Macca said:

She did whack that metal gate/fence very hard ... probably of no concern but it's the first slight hiccup since the horse was locked away on the inside in the Turnbull last Spring. 

There was a bet placed on Winx 550,000 to win 33,000........ok who was it? DZ.....?

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1