Get to Etihad

dees189227

44 minutes ago, poita said:

I didn't have any trouble getting in to ground, but it is an appalling place to watch football. I was stuck behind the goals at the Southern end, couldn't see the tops of the goalposts in front of me, or the boundary line, or most of what was happening at the other end of the ground. I had one eye on the TVs to see what was going on, but the picture was on a 3 second delay. The speakers barely work, so you couldn't hear the team songs. I'll go again to support my team, but it is pretty much world's worst design, unless you are one of the chosen few sitting on level 2.

have to agree poita. i watched, i guess, about 70% of the game on the monitors (which were fortunately close). i was on the wing city side and the glare from the led light strips and the open gaps to the western sky through the opposite stands was blinding.

i'll probably keep going there, but i absolutely hate the place. i always get the feeling that the stadium mgmt do not give a stuff for the public (or football) and screw them at all opportunities. the only thing they care about is milking profit and the corporate aristocracy. it's a concrete bolt-hole with no soul.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Every club has at least one home game there, even Collingwood, Richmond etc - the Tigers played the Crows there a few weeks ago.

lol you serious? Even interstate teams?

Why? How did that happen?

Sorry but i refuse to go to a privately owned stadium that the AFL could easily buy 

The waste of $$$ from that shitehole is incredible. 

Shareholders win before clubs

the Wayne Jackson Legacy

a soulless pile of concrete...

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Every Vic club obviously

So every Victorian club MUST have a home game at Etihad?

Did the AFL just make this decision unilaterally or did it just work out that way that everyone sold a home game there?

5 minutes ago, Choke said:

Did the AFL just make this decision unilaterally or did it just work out that way that everyone sold a home game there?

Gil was on the news the other night AFL is locked into a contract for a certain number of games each season at Etihad, assume with all the other fixturing "issues" they probably thought that giving each Vic Club at least one home game there it would stop the whinging   WRONG     Geelong who have their 'own' stadium like us play a home game at Etihad in a couple of weeks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Choke said:

Etihad tenant teams have been pushing to get more home games at the G. Especially Carlton and Essendon. Compare their ES vs G home games a few years ago to now. To accommodate that other vic clubs play home games at ES.

However, the rub for us is that the likes of Hawthorn Richmond and Collingwood play heaps of away games at the G which we don't. Geelong have SS.  So they all get more home ground advantage games than us.  Our total games this year at the G is one of the lowest ever.

Atmo we have no negotiating power with the afl.  What little we have is used up trying to keep the ANZAC Eve and QB games. 

It might change if The 4 Vic Powerhouse clubs stay stuck at the bottom of the ladder for a few years?

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Every club has at least one home game there, even Collingwood, Richmond etc - the Tigers played the Crows there a few weeks ago.

Hawthorn doesn't have ahome game there this year, unless I misread the fixture.

The wages paid to The AFL Commission would go a long way to buying out that hideous excuse of a Stadium

it is a disgrace that such a lopsided contract was ever concieved for 25 years...no doubt people within the AFL have benefitted very nicely whilst the grass roots fan has been dry Rogered...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.