A different preview of round 5

CHF

Dateline: Wednesday Morning, Cairo

Waiting for a 3am flight to Rome.

Rolling on to Round 5.

8 out of 9 last weekend. I was let down by the Bloody Sons of…. They gifted it to Leppa’s Pride. That can’t be right, really.

Tipping total is 27 so far so good. Who says you need intelligence for this game?

This will be a little late this week as I am travelling and will need to do this around travel and meetings. I know you are all hanging out for this but I hope you have been patient.

In the land of Cleopatra, sand and large pointy mounds of rocks. Interesting place this. Old? Like you would not believe. This place was old when MFC was founded…… I kid you not, time did exist before this club of ours was created. Hard to believe.

Cleo played body on body against the Romans in the Med League way back when. She endured a hard tag from “Big Julie” until he went the way of Stef Martin and then the Romans moved Marcus Antonio on to her. She played herself out of the game with the help of an asp. Way to go Cleo!

Now the games.

Friday night and it’s the Dorks and Cows to battle it out at the ‘G’. Another feathered clash

Two winners from last week, the dorks beat someone …… ummm I know it, I know it…. Yeah, the Aints… the picture fades a little more. Well, as for the Cows, they got up against the Swannies. I picked it!

I was very impressed by Clarko’s presser. He managed to get “a fair amount of grit” and “when the Chips are down” into the presser… sometimes I think the coaches have a private game of Presser Bingo each week. If so, Clarko won it hands down this week.

Both teams doing what they need to, just…. Dorks to wander along a bit better than the Cows. Franklin to kick a bag….oops…. Well, I might be right, just won’t happen in this game.

Prediction: Dorks to win at the ‘G’…. But, no 4 peat for them this season.

Saturday Games.

First up, Siddelly vs the ex-Druggies at the other cricket ground

The ex-Druggies did not break a sweat to beat the Timid Tiges last week and Nicky nacky noo did not break any ribs. For the first time this season the Tiges showed a bit of toe ….. wanting to get out of his way. The Swannies, on the other hand are looking to bounce back after the Cows got them in the City That time forgot.

Different story this week. Horse liked his team last week and loved the game… liked it all except the loss. Nah, that is rubbish… I got Nothing on this game. I don’t care what happens in the game. Siddelly, ex-Druggies, Coast to coast… rubbish to rubbish.

Prediction: I won’t watch it, read about it or care about it…. If I have to have an opinion… Siddelly by whatever.

No…no…  Saturday afternoon at the cow paddock out the back of the blight on the landscape and two games in a row that I don’t care about! There has to be some game on this Saturday that will spark my interest.

Sons of Ablett Vs Norf. Rhetorical question: Why is it that when I type ‘Norf’ I always sound it out in my head as though I am a toothless halfwit on the turps?

So? What happened to these two last week? Norf got out the umps goat pics and won again and the Sons screwed up my tipping by playing dead against the Pride of Leppa. I want an enquiry. I am sure my tips were perfect. Bloody Sons. I will not tip them again this season.

Rocket was on the truth Juice at his presser and told it like it was…..

"I think we got beaten in all facets, all credit to Brisbane,"

"They played really well. It's an obvious statement but they deserved to win. Probably should have won by six or seven goals."

Wow, just think if there had been the same approach from the Golden Boy when the Dank hit the fan. “Yep, we did it. Made a huge error and will wear the consequences.” Game over and we would not be sitting here.

Norf are bouncing along at the top of the ladder like Skippy on a rescue mission.

Prediction: Tut Tu Tuc Tat…. What’s that Skip? Tut tac t-t-tut Norf by a lot? I agree.

Still Saturday afternoon and surely this next game has to be a cracker……Nah, I lie….

Doggies Vs Leppa’s Pride at the home away from home.

At least this game has the Doggies playing. Don’t mind watching them but it is being played at the Graveyard of Football. The place where the game of imagination and creativity comes to be buried each week.

I do not like the place. Nuf said.

The Pride beat someone last week, not that it matters. I just cannot get past Leppa’s jaw to like this team.

For the Doggies the Tepid Tea (a lukewarm Beveridge) had mild praise for his team after they managed to get past the Boos.

Prediction: The doggies for me in this one. The Pride to wake up to themselves and realise that no team can win two in a row.

Will Saturday never end? Just one more sleep till the mighty Dees.

TOT from Adelaide Vs The Handbaggers… the try hards against the over-the-hills.it is being played at an oval shaped ground in Adelaide.

Well The Handbaggers still have Danger and TOT have players, just not very good ones at the moment. Has Hinkley lost the players? Great phrase that…. “lost the players…” Hmmm, now where did I put them? They were here last week at training…. A couple of them wandered off but I am sure they will turn up at some stage… after all, we have a game on Saturday Night. It is here in the city that time forgot so they know their way to the ground.

The Handbaggers last week very nearly stumbled around against TDC and almost did a “Dees”.

Prediction: Handbaggers to win one by more than a few and BIG questions to be asked of Hinkers

Sunday at last…..

Aints Vs The Canberra team (FWS… further west of Sydney) at The Home Away from Home.

Who is this team from Sydney that belted the living suitcase out of TOT from Adelaide last week? …..and we beat them….

For the Aints… they seem to be a bit like us… they are almost there. Almost winning, almost playing well, almost selected Christian over Paddy….almost….almost…

Think we have got them covered.

Be an interesting game and if the Gnats get up it might hurt the Aints for the rest of the season.

Prediction; toss a coin… gunna be close….. Aints by a couple (just so they do not need to get up against us next week)

Sunday… Duckers Vs Boos at DS… that’s what it says on the AFL site….. Domain, the newest suburb in Perth…..Used to be in Sydney before they moved it.

Wow…. The battle of the two lowest rungs of the ladder. The excitement builds. One of these teams is more than likely to walk away with a win, Their first win of the season. Who will it be? Duckers? Boos? Who cares?

I do not have a lot of interest vested in this game. (Note my mastery of understatement)

Prediction; Ross the Boss to win one…. Boos SOOL……(Work it out)

Finally…. Sunday night TBO Dees vs the Inepts At The “G”

What to say about the Dees? Did enough to win in a walk over the Rubbish last week and keep the pressure on Bucks, Lovely to see and I have smiled all week. Lots of players smiling and putting in good performances in the 2’s. Pressure on the ground paying off and pressure from the other players to keep them honest…. Everything rosy in the Demon garden….. So, why am I worried?

The Inepts are doing a passable imitation of scrambled eggs… All over the place and very bland. Hardon has his contract in his pocket and could not care less. They are bringing in Lids to play… rushing him back to counter the Mighty Dees…. So? why am I worried?

The Inepts are coming back from having their pants handed to them over in the West and we know that teams have a down after an interstate trip……. So? Why am I worried?

Prediction Dees by plenty… So? Why am I worried? Well, we are trying for two in a row…..

Monday…

Pies vs TDC at the “G”

Ever wondered why the Italians and the Spanish have not fought a significant war since Hannibal trekked his Heffalumps across the Alps? It is because these days they realise that they are not very good at war and that no one, outside of the Italians and the Spanish, really gives a fat rat’s clacker about the outcome.

So we come to this game….. 8 games between them so far this season and two wins between them…. Let’s build it up with a few war/battle analogies… nah, I have a better idea… let’s give the crowd a real experience…. Dig trenches for them to stand in a watch the game… throw in stinking mud up to their knees, a bunch of rats and hose them down between the quarters. I would draw the line at lobbing High Explosives at them… I think… If the Dees lose I may change my mind.

Quote of the week: “You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.” Napoleon Bonaparte

This may be the longest post ever on Demonland…started in Cairo, added to in transit in Rome and finished in London.

And That… as they say is That. Done and Dusted.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, faultydet said:

Bravo for shoe-horning "heffalumps" into a match preview.

Nice work.

...especially in the round in which we are playing Tigger's team, Tigger being (thanks to Wikipedia) the animal/toy whom "...other animals think of...as being larger than he truly is..., (an) assessment (that) fits very well with Tigger's personality and his assessment of his own abilities, which he always overestimates...".

• Like 1

Wow, that is quite a talent you have there. And not just for the tipping.

I love the language, does anyone over there understand you?

Boos SOOL = Blues still out of luck? (not that it matters)

You should get together with Titus O'Reilly, you are both worth ten times half the bozzo's that are over-exposed in Footy shows and previews. Do you have an outlet like Titus with his podcast or are we the only lucky ones?

Cheers, well done

33 minutes ago, deespicable me said:

Wow, that is quite a talent you have there. And not just for the tipping.

I love the language, does anyone over there understand you?

Boos SOOL = Blues still out of luck? (not that it matters)

You should get together with Titus O'Reilly, you are both worth ten times half the bozzo's that are over-exposed in Footy shows and previews. Do you have an outlet like Titus with his podcast or are we the only lucky ones?

Cheers, well done

Close with 'still out of luck'... keep guessing.

Thanks for the kind words. I was doing something like this a few years ago of 'Ology and, to be honest, I do it for myself and a bit of entertainment. just post here. no where else.

You lucky people.