Australia wins

Dappa Dan

i just watched the game. i enjoyed it, mainly cause Australia cained it!

I thought the irish coach...umm....to put nicely...STUPID! after the game he spent the whole time whinging about all their injured players . WHAT ABOUT OURS! the irish played just as dirty as we did in the 1st q. Then he continued to whinge about the umpiring. He also managed to have a 'go' at Jim Stynes and Kevin Sheedy during the game.

I thought O'keefe was awesome, IMO anyway...

I thought aaron davey went alright. kinda set up a goal...coz he missed...is that still included as setting up a goal? hmmmm

hoping the series does continue next year.

What do people think of the Pearce tackle? it didn't look to bad to me, but then again im VERY biased..haha can u tell?!

Betty :P

I'm not surprised Australia went the biff, the Irish had headhunted and sniped in the first 2 games, they got what they deserved in my opinion.

It is funny when you think of it, they started it, then they whinge when they get touched up......

Oh right. Then its completely justified. :blink::wacko:

the australians weren't the only ones dishing it out...

sure we went the biff but to say the irish were innocent is wrong!

okeefe got headbutted behind play and was bleeding from the nose, a player got a very late knee in the back and cambell brown got a knee in the ribs (sure it was in play but then so was they broken collar bone and kennely's injury)

the irish are just crying cause they got thumped!

If we whinged to them about the fact that the ball is round, and that they're faster than us they'd come back and call us sooks. We played according to the way AFL players have been groomed to play for 100+ years, and while we were agressive, they did as much of the niggling stuff as us.

For such an amazingly talented list in such a top-quality sport, these gaelic guys truly come off as amateurs when their manager has a big sookie sookie la la like he has. While I still think they're certainly a match for us, they've got a lot to learn about professionalism in the world of football, especially when you compare them to Soccer/AFL/League/Union/Gridiron, all of which share similarities with one-another. It's ok to criticise umpiring, but to come out and claim the game is in jeapordy helps no-one. Had they gotten up, he wouldn't be chucking a spakky like he did.

the australians weren't the only ones dishing it out...

sure we went the biff but to say the irish were innocent is wrong!

okeefe got headbutted behind play and was bleeding from the nose, a player got a very late knee in the back and cambell brown got a knee in the ribs (sure it was in play but then so was they broken collar bone and kennely's injury)

the irish are just crying cause they got thumped!

Shame on them.

They should take it like men.

A pack of Sissies they are.

If we whinged to them about the fact that the ball is round, and that they're faster than us they'd come back and call us sooks. We played according to the way AFL players have been groomed to play for 100+ years, and while we were agressive, they did as much of the niggling stuff as us.

For such an amazingly talented list in such a top-quality sport, these gaelic guys truly come off as amateurs when their manager has a big sookie sookie la la like he has. While I still think they're certainly a match for us, they've got a lot to learn about professionalism in the world of football, especially when you compare them to Soccer/AFL/League/Union/Gridiron, all of which share similarities with one-another. It's ok to criticise umpiring, but to come out and claim the game is in jeapordy helps no-one. Had they gotten up, he wouldn't be chucking a spakky like he did.

Exactly- Agree with all u guys

I think this series will continue B)

For such an amazingly talented list in such a top-quality sport, these gaelic guys truly come off as amateurs .....

D_M,

Its because they are.

Few, if any of these footballers are full time Gaelic players and most work full time jobs outside the sport aka VFL in the 70s.

The Irish really are a bunch of wusses when its all said and done.

What does anyone think about the survival of the series? Will there be another one??

When its all said & done Ellie, its easy to grandstand. For a pack of 'wusses' you describe the Irish, the Aussies overall lead on the tally sheet since the games inception is by one and one game only. Not bad for a bunch of ammos v professional athletes.

The physicality shown by the Aussies is not foreign to us, as it is how we play our game.

The Irish still struggle with that concept. But I doubt you'd even grasp that.

Perhaps the Irish may be better served next series by having a current or former AFL coach assist hands on with the player preparation prior to its commencment. Not unlike the role Stynes fills for the Oz. I think David Tohill may be involved but there's no sub for current experience. They are still all amateurs & do a pretty good job when all is said & done.

That said, the powers that be should scrap such a farce. Its folly for the juggins, just like Ed.

I enjoy the concept of it, but it's really starts to become clear that it's an amateur league versus a professional league because we always seem to run out the series the better. The physicality of the Aussies is how they have been raised to play OUR GAME. If this truly is a hybrid game it would be wrong for us to tell the players to go at it any differently than what they've been taught.

The Irish don't go for the biffo, but they act like children baiting a dog. They kick the shins, knee and head butt our players behind play and what the hell do they expect from us. To say thank you, can I have another please? They are certainly not innocent. The Irish media called the last game “tame” and “lacking”, now when there’s some fire in this match the Aussie players are called thugs.

I never thought I’d agree with Sheedy, but the Irish media need to get over themselves and their passion, they need to open their eyes and realise that quite often it was an Irish player (in this series) that started a lot of the spot fires, and all in brawls.

If they truly want to end this series, then fine. But it won't be our fault, and let's face it, it was our physicality and ability to create this rivalry that got 82,000 people into the ground.

Rhino's just being provocative. The point about 'justified' responses is nonesence. I wonder what he'd think if a melbourne player didn't become physical after being shoved around. No doubt he'd be the first whinging about weak players.

I've watched a few series, and my opinion in that the Irish are snipers and whingers. THey initiate a lot of cheap stuff, and then run away or dive when the Australians retaliate. It's like they want to initiate a low level of conflict and then the Asutralians just go straight to the hard stuff. That leacvs the irish with nothing to do but whinge, since they have n't got the size to go toe-to-toe.

Tell you what, we'll make it no-contact (or whatever the gaelic rules are), but we play with our oval ball. God's we;d never hear the end of the complaining.

If you listen to people like rhino and seekers it's ok for the Irish to headbut, kick and knee people in the back but not for the aussies to tackle hard and use the hip and shoulder :rolleyes:

I agree with one thing though, the game is a farce and has no future.

If you listen to people like rhino and seekers it's ok for the Irish to headbut, kick and knee people in the back but not for the aussies to tackle hard and use the hip and shoulder :rolleyes:

Like Chris Johnson. :blink:

I agree with one thing though, the game is a farce and has no future.

In the current format, agree.

No doubt he'd be the first whinging about weak players.

Frankly I am happy for Melb players to sit out such frivolities in a wonderful opportunity to represent Australia in a game that has the country gripped and absorbed. :rolleyes:

The biggest positive is that no one came out seriously injured.

I said before it started that the whole concept is a circus and got howled down by the entertainment seekers.

Game has as much depth as "Wheel of Fortune". <_<

:blink:

I think you've got the wrong year, but it does explain your opinion.

I think there is a carry over from the impact of the event of last year. The last match only open the scars that have not properly healed. In addition in past years the Australian have been overtly phyiscal when the game has not been going there way

From viewing the first game, players on both sides were gunshy on physical contact and players were unusually testy in the centre.

The Irish reaction to this series carries a hangover from the Chris Johnson incident.

Unless there is a sensible review by the AFL and Gaelic footy associations involving an understanding and a resolution of long smouldering issues in this hybrid game then it will continue to be a circus event without credibility that sinks further into farce.

For starters, the umpires should be instructed to red card any acts of thuggery. Both sides should be made aware of it. If so, next year, the winner may be the one that ends up with the most left on the pitch. Another farce but at least a message will sink in.

The AFL are doing this to promote the game. However through perpetual mismanagement it turns out a public relations disaster.

Only the NRL could do worse (Add Carlton...they'd stuff it up to!)