Jack Watts

Phadraig

Jack Watts took a dump earlier his evening, and the tiniest fraction of it made it's way to a gutter, where it fermented for a while, and then it turned into Roger Merret

you see :

so many from our club hates those he beat us up, & go on to WIN Premierships, instead of admiring those who have illustrious AFL Premiership winning careers, winning for their clubs.

I hated rogert merret back in the day, but that's over now, as he hasn't played for what, 15 years.

I admire Dermie, I admire Leigh Matthews, I admire Ray Biffen, I admire Big Carl, I admire Glen Archer, I admire Matthew Scarlett, I admire Steve Silvagni, I admire Tony Lockett, I admire Rodney Grinter, I admire Danny Hughes, I admire Sean White, I admire Jimma, I admire Strawbs Odwyer, I admire Gary Ayers, I admire Alan Jeans,

......... the list of tough guys goes on. but where are they now?

there's not many to admire these days.

Unfortunately, JW will never please everyone, all of the time....nor should he.

The haters, those calling for him to be traded, need to stop.

We have an exceptional player on our list.

AND he will be a one club player.

Fin.

Jumbo, no ones calling for him to be traded now, as he IS putting in effort, plain, & simple.

thats watt we were upset about, justly so, & nopw he is showing he wants to... wants to chase, wants to tackle, wants to compete, & wants to develop.

• Like 1

Those that have unnecessarily fawned over Watts' insipid efforts for years can't have it both ways.

If you recognise what we've all admired over the last 8 weeks surely it's dawned on you how deluded you were to gush over his previous extraordinarily inadequate offerings.

It appears that in his 7th year the penny has finally dropped, but even then I'd like a larger body of work to conclude that this is the new 'norm' and not a dastardly aberration.

• Like 5

Those that have unnecessarily fawned over Watts' insipid efforts for years can't have it both ways.

If you recognise what we've all admired over the last 8 weeks surely it's dawned on you how deluded you were to gush over his previous extraordinarily inadequate offerings.

It appears that in his 7th year the penny has finally dropped, but even then I'd like a larger body of work to conclude that this is the new 'norm' and not a dastardly aberration.

I'm pretty hopeful it will become the norm as he appears to have shaken the one thing that was holding him back... a fear of the physical contest (he has always had the skills, intelligence and pace)

settle down over the past few weeks he has become a contributor, that's the minimum standard, not at all like he has turned into Rambo.

• Like 2

Watts seems to be playing, coming from a different place mentally. This is good.. Now just need to build on this and hopefully it all starts really falling into place

It always struck many of us that Jack struggled to understand his relevance to the game in the nature of being a Melbourne player. . Possibly now he does.

Id still like too see him bulk up a little over summer but he seems to have turned that corner, that one a lot of us thought was just never going to happen.

Good luck Jack

Jack is playing some good footy now and is still getting physically stronger, which hopefully gives him confidence that he won't get hurt in contests.

He is in our top 3 for skills and hopefully becomes a very valuable player for us going forward.

• Like 2

Jack is playing some good footy now and is still getting physically stronger, which hopefully gives him confidence that he won't get hurt in contests.

He is in our top 3 for skills and hopefully becomes a very valuable player for us going forward.

As a matter of interest, who do you think the other two are?

• Like 1

Some people are just blinded by their own frustration.... According to many sitting around me (if you are to believe the comments being yelled out) on Saturday, Watts was the worst player on the field. People just find it so easy to pick on him for anything... Like the time (maybe a few weeks ago), where the opposition were breaking free and he had 2 men to cover and people would whinge they he failed his job... where was the anger towards the rest of the team for not manning up?

He gets the ball, looks up, assesses his options, waits for a free man, then pinpoints someone on a lead or in the open.... People need to stop yelling "WATTS!!! JUST DO...... SOMETHING!!!", while he's assessing his options. He's a whole lot better than anyone else in our team in doing that.

• Like 3

What fawning have you seen in the last few years?

He has done this before - strung a few good performances together, not as good as these last couple of months admittedly, and then he goes missing for a few months.

I have seen him chase blokes and tackle blokes and get hard footy and push hard to get the footy previous to this year - it was just so haphazard and seldom and his form so disjointed that we didn't know whether he was capable of consistently doing these things that would be required for him to be an AFL player for the long term - let alone a good player.

The difference is the seeming removal of the lapses in the above over an extended period of games. I still think he requires certain conditions to play well, and I would have dropped him earlier in the season for those conditions (wet weather, a literally 'tough' opposition), but I am glad he has shown over the past month and a bit a way of contributing in a variety of different ways other than simply playing lead up HFF that struggle to impact games when its too wet to link play or to tough to get space and clean footy.

So, I will have it both ways (without the fawning) - he has shown he 'can' do this and that is what we have pointed to - in 2015 he is finally showing he might well end up doing it.

And he is 24.

• Like 1

you numskull, whilst people like you follow like sheep, zzzzzz, others like to try to act to make change

..... hop back up to your reserved seat, up in the north & 'bah'.

the fact is, Jack is finally growing into,,, just as all those who wanted to 'see' it happen, called for.. when the time was that he simply, "refused to exert"... many had, had enough, not just of jack, but of this same insipid stuff from this club... people born after 1995 wouldn't understand, PrD, so you better as Roosy says, stop talking, & listen.

• Like 1

Watts has been trained by Brendan Mccartney to take a run when he has the ball. Back his pace in and try to get into space to free himself up to use his effective disposal in a more damaging way. You can really see the aggression and willingness to bork his opponent more and go for a run. It has been refreshing.

• Like 4

Some people are just blinded by their own frustration.... According to many sitting around me (if you are to believe the comments being yelled out) on Saturday, Watts was the worst player on the field. People just find it so easy to pick on him for anything... Like the time (maybe a few weeks ago), where the opposition were breaking free and he had 2 men to cover and people would whinge they he failed his job... where was the anger towards the rest of the team for not manning up?

He gets the ball, looks up, assesses his options, waits for a free man, then pinpoints someone on a lead or in the open.... People need to stop yelling "WATTS!!! JUST DO...... SOMETHING!!!", while he's assessing his options. He's a whole lot better than anyone else in our team in doing that.

Yeah, it is amazing how he seemingly catches the eye of Dees fans - they see us lose a contest + Jack Watts was in it or near it + no other player jumped out at being at it = Jack Watts was the reason we lost that contest.

I think that happens more often than us Dees fans would care to admit.

• Like 1

true, but this won't be about watts so much, as this is the song of reflection from the ClingOns ...... those damaged, shell shocked supporters who ClingOn & will Not let go.

.......... & due to a lack of trust of the team & club.... ptsd memorires of past experiences.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

you numskull, whilst people like you follow like sheep, zzzzzz, others like to try to act to make change

..... hop back up to your reserved seat, up in the north & 'bah'.

for someone who doesn't attend games you are quick to criticise those who do

and to assume a reserved seat in the northern stand is some sort of reflection on either their footy knowledge or character.......well, speaks for itself (or maybe yourself)

settle down over the past few weeks he has become a contributor, that's the minimum standard, not at all like he has turned into Rambo.

It's a bare minimum, Turbo.

Where do I suggest otherwise ?

As for that other prolific poster...

I have zero idea what your barely comprehensible burblings mean. Then again, I never do.

and to assume a reserved seat in the northern stand is some sort of reflection on either their footy knowledge or character.......well, speaks for itself (or maybe yourself)

Not to mention I never sit at the footy. I've been standing on the members steps for 30 years.

we are talking about those who wanted to force something anything to change re JWs:

..... you daisy are another who likes to hide in closet, instead of grabbing something & rattling its cage.

you swathe in the problem with the red & blue, its called conservatism. it killed off smithy & with him the 'checker aggro'... but those of you up there, who love the sterility, impotency, & that sanctity of your desires... you get watt you wish for all along. this is why most of the supporters of the outer, left long ago

your tribe, are the ones killing this club, with your pretenses of delusion & grandeur.

Edited by dee-luded