PHIL WALSH TRIBUTE THREAD

I have received a suggestion that we create a separate thread for those wanting to express their sympathies, shock and condolences to the family and leave the other open for discussion on the cause of his death and the aftermath.

I think it's a good idea and also it's appropriate to start things off with a tribute from Walsh's captain in his only season as coach at the Crows.

Taylor Walker pays tribute to the love he felt for coach Phil Walsh

Please post your messages of condolence, support for his family and friends and articles of tribute here.

Ran the boundary for my girlfriend's footy team today. They had a minute's silence before the game and then all got together in a circle post match like they have been in the AFL this weekend.

The opposition coach spoke one sentence. If you have a family call them tonight and tell them you love them.

Something I think we should all do more regularly

• Like 4

Grieving Walsh family thanks public for 'overwhelming kindness'

We wish to thank everyone for their overwhelming kindness, sympathy and support during this most difficult time.

We take comfort in knowing that so many people are thinking of Phil, and us.

Phil loved and adored his family, just as much as we loved and adored him. He was a devoted father, husband, son and brother. He was a much-loved uncle, brother-in-law and cousin, and a close friend, mentor and colleague to so many.

Our hearts are broken. How much we miss him is beyond measure.

Our lives will never be the same, now that Phil is gone. But we will forever love and cherish him.

Phil enriched our lives and the lives of so many, and for that we are eternally grateful.

We are searching for the strength and will to deal with the loss of Phil. In the arms of those we love we are coping as best we can.

We kindly request that our privacy be respected at this time so we can grieve as any family would wish to do in such circumstances.

Please continue to keep Phil and us in your thoughts and prayers.

I practice mindful meditation and during my session yesterday we were asked to be thankful for something in our lives and to open our hearts with loving kindness and extend compassion to anyone in need.

I extend my compassion and condolences to the Walsh family, the Adelaide Football Club, their supporters and the football community in general.

My heart goes out to all of those who have been affected by this tragedy. I am so sorry for your pain and loss but rest assured, thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

• Like 4

I'm as passionate as anyone about our beloved Dees, but somehow my heart wasn't in Darwin in Saturday night.

Sincere condolences to the Walsh family and friends, and all associated with the Adelaide Football Club.

• Like 2

We've seen our fair share of tragedy at Melbourne in the past decade or so losing Broadbridge, Stynes, Bailey, Wight and Flower. However, the death of Phil Walsh has made me put footy into perspective more than anything. I just no longer want to let football (Melbourne playing poorly) upset me like it did in the past. I still care and always will, but when you consider what Phil Walsh's family and the Crows are going through it's all meaningless.

Edited by Clint Bizkit
  • Like 3

We've seen our fair share of tragedy at Melbourne in the past decade or so losing Broadbridge, Stynes, Bailey, Wight and Flower. However, the death of Phil Walsh has made me put footy into perspective more than anything. I just no longer want to let football (Melbourne playing poorly) upset me like it did in the past. I still care and always will, but when you consider what Phil Walsh's family and the Crows are going through it's all meaningless.

your right Clint

& I'd just like to say once again, after seeing the sorrow of the Crows players tonight

vale` Phil Walsh

God it was hard watching the crows players walk off then! Serious courage but hard not to shed a tear

Yes, seeing those players walking off the ground was more poignant than all the spoken and written words

• Like 3

God it was hard watching the crows players walk off then! Serious courage but hard not to shed a tear

I cant remember too many more emotional moments in sport in my lifetime than what i just witnessed then. Those young fellas are going through hell. Kudos to West Coast, unbelievable respect shown by both the players and the crowd.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.