Delistings/trades at end of the season

What are the following players worth on the open market?

Howe

Dawes

Grimes

What does Garland get us if he leaves under FA?

a shallow draft year is a good year to offer up trade bait.

we have to really push hard this year, to get players who want to get away from their clubs, to want to get onboard with the rednblue

come on down Hendo & de priesta

• Like 1

Prestia before injured waa the #1 clearance player in the league, i would love that type of player in our midfield, I'd also not say no to gaff but that won't happen.

• Like 2

Prestia before injured waa the #1 clearance player in the league, i would love that type of player in our midfield, I'd also not say no to gaff but that won't happen.

I can't understand those people who don't rate Prestia. His trade to Melbourne would be one of the biggest coups in my lifetime of supporting the MFC (28 years).

• Like 2

I can't understand those people who don't rate Prestia. His trade to Melbourne would be one of the biggest coups in my lifetime of supporting the MFC (28 years).

Don't think it'll happen. Seems too level-headed and too much of a professional to come to Melbourne after leaving that debacle that is the GC Suns. Probably go to the Pies, Cats or Hawks. Maybe Bulldogs.

Don't think it'll happen. Seems too level-headed and too much of a professional to come to Melbourne after leaving that debacle that is the GC Suns. Probably go to the Pies, Cats or Hawks. Maybe Bulldogs.

Level headed and professional enough to leave a drug infested club like Gold Coast.

Agree to disagree. He's been injured for a year, he certainly hasn't reached his potential yet and he's a Melbourne boy. I'd be presenting a little package to him. $500,000. He wouldn't get that at GWS.

Do we want two full forwards? we need a CHF like a Gunston, somone who gets on their bike and has awareness not a Kosi and Riewoldt scenario where they run into each other every second week.

For mine if our pick is outside the top 2 take Weideman who will probably be around the pick 9 mark so maybe offload the early 1st rounder for both a mid and a late 1st round pick

What are the following players worth on the open market?

Howe

Dawes

Grimes

What does Garland get us if he leaves under FA?

Howe - second round pick, maybe upgrade to first if bundled with something

Dawes - late second round / early third round

Grimes - third round / early fourth

Garland will probably net us band 3 compo, depending on what salary he's offered by someone else, so likely end of second round pick. If he gets offered $600k, four years elsewhere, it might be higher, so a pick after our second rounder.

Leaves Treloar as the last of the GWS gun mids to sign. We are fast running out of options to land a big name mid for next year

Prestia is just as good as Treloar (if not better). And I think Treloar is a gun.

Do we want two full forwards? we need a CHF like a Gunston, somone who gets on their bike and has awareness not a Kosi and Riewoldt scenario where they run into each other every second week.

For mine if our pick is outside the top 2 take Weideman who will probably be around the pick 9 mark so maybe offload the early 1st rounder for both a mid and a late 1st round pick

Yes, we need a FF. Hogan can play across half forward, up the ground and deep forward. You do raise a good point though, he's not the most mobile of kids. He is more of your old fashioned FF. If we got him, I'd hope he could play CHF too.

Prestia is just as good as Treloar (if not better). And I think Treloar is a gun.

Yeah but whats the chance Prestia comes to the MFC? Sure his name has been mentioned a few times by a couple posters on Demonland that he might come to us this trade period

There is probbaly nothing of substance to it though , just the usual forum murmurings

Not really! There are plenty of people who know Prestia well because they went to school with him at Assumption or played against him at TAC or AGSV level!

• Like 1

Not really! There are plenty of people who know Prestia well because they went to school with him at Assumption or played against him at TAC or AGSV level!

Possibly even the odd relative. He comes from a family of keen Dee supporters.

• Like 1

Out of contract players:

Jamar 31 (UFA), Garland 26 (RFA), McKenzie 24, Howe 24, Gawn 23, Fitzpatrick 23, Toumpas 21, Pedersen 28, Hunt 19, Cross 32, Bail 26, Riley 23, Harmes ® 19, King ® 19, White ® 18

Obtained from rpfc, 2015 contracts thread.

-------------------------------------------------------

DELISTINGS:

- Jamar : Gawn has become the #1 ruckman.

- McKenzie : I've never really been a fan, nice bloke but not AFL standard.

- Hunt : He was a wild selection on draft night and unfortunely hindered by few times by injuries, although I feel he's had his chance and the list must continue to turn over.

- Bail : Similar to McKenzie, tries his heart out, good bloke, but not AFL standard.

TRADE:

- Howe : I would prefer to re-sign him, but if the rumours are true based on his asking price of $600k+ I would rather see that put towards poaching a gun midfieder (Dangerfield, Treloar, T.Mitchell, all gettible but hard).

- Fitzpatrick : I said it a few years ago when he was re-signed, he should of been traded then while showing AFL form (Carlton were a suiter). Either way he'll be traded if he's of any value, but most likely delisted as I don't see him cracking our already tall line up.

- Toumpas : He's improved yes, but unfortunitely for me I can't warm to him. For everything good he does, he's often a liability. I don't want to verbally [type] bash him, but I'll happily see him traded if the price is right.

RE-SIGN:

- Cross : I think he's proved his worth for another 1 year contract. I can't name anyone currently in the seconds who should play ahead of him and his training standards are brilliant, particularily for setting the benchmark for our young blokes.

- Garland : He's in his prime and I want to see him re-signed, I'm of the belief that he'll re-find that 2013 form, particularily if the team lifts as a whole.

UNKNOWN (these ones I can't figue out):

- Pedersen : We do have a lot of tall talent. I like Pedersen, I actually consider him on par with Dawes without "the name" or "over-rating". But don't know, potental re-signing or delist, probably on the cusp.

- Riley : Potentially re-sign, potentially delist, he'll be on that cusp depending on what happens surrounding trade week.

- Harmes : He's had his crack at the big time, but didn't crack it for me. One game isn't a good enough indication, I hope he's given a few more opportunies, but again don't know enought about him to really comment.

- King : Big men take longer, and I don't know how he's progressing in the secord nor his training standards.

- White : Similar to King for me, don't know enough about him. I'm often happy to see a rookie get their second year.

Please tell me your thought and let's not turn it into a "you hate Toumpas, I love Toumpas thread".

Out of contract players:

Please tell me your thought and let's not turn it into a "you hate Toumpas, I love Toumpas thread".

I think Hunt might be playing himself into a new contract the way he's playing right now. Five goals the last two rounds playing as a small forward/mid with one of those games played in shocking conditions. I'm not sure if Cross will be offered another contract or if they'll try to turn him into a development coach. Pedersen I think we keep. He's better value than Dawes and given our lack of depth in tall forwards we probably need them both.

With the rookies, vandenBerg has signed a new deal which pretty much makes it a certainty that he'll be upgraded. White has another year to go, so he'll be kept on. Someone said King was a NSW rookie and as such can get a third year? Not sure on that but if so he's a keeper. That leaves Harems as the big question. He's out of time as a rookie. Needs to get a string of AFL games together to show what he's able to do once he adjusts to the pace.

I agree with the trades of Howe and Fitz. Not sure on the Toump.

I think Riley is probably gone.

I think Hunt might be playing himself into a new contract the way he's playing right now. Five goals the last two rounds playing as a small forward/mid with one of those games played in shocking conditions. I'm not sure if Cross will be offered another contract or if they'll try to turn him into a development coach. Pedersen I think we keep. He's better value than Dawes and given our lack of depth in tall forwards we probably need them both.

With the rookies, vandenBerg has signed a new deal which pretty much makes it a certainty that he'll be upgraded. White has another year to go, so he'll be kept on. Someone said King was a NSW rookie and as such can get a third year? Not sure on that but if so he's a keeper. That leaves Harems as the big question. He's out of time as a rookie. Needs to get a string of AFL games together to show what he's able to do once he adjusts to the pace.

I agree with the trades of Howe and Fitz. Not sure on the Toump.

I think Riley is probably gone.

Thanks for the info, and I like your discussion on Pederson - I'll happily see him kept as well.

Any idea if Michie is out of contract this year or the next?

Thanks for the info, and I like your discussion on Pederson - I'll happily see him kept as well.

Any idea if Michie is out of contract this year or the next?

BigFooty have a contracts thread, but a lot of it is supposition.

Riley signed a new contract last year but I can't find how long it was. Michie came in in 2014 and I think is still on his initial contract but again, I can't find a reference for how long.

Leaves Treloar as the last of the GWS gun mids to sign. We are fast running out of options to land a big name mid for next year

doesn't have to be big name from gws as in frost. There was one player I wanted most from GWS; that was Shiel, he's been signed up & our of equations at this point.

If Roosy can pluck another from the depths of the GWS list, I'm right behind him.

but for now we have to focus on mature players who remain available. Henderson, Prestia. others????

Yeah but whats the chance Prestia comes to the MFC? Sure his name has been mentioned a few times by a couple posters on Demonland that he might come to us this trade period

There is probbaly nothing of substance to it though , just the usual forum murmurings

Possibly even the odd relative. He comes from a family of keen Dee supporters.

Yeah, you sound like you have some MFCSS there, HH.

Out of contract players:

Jamar 31 (UFA), Garland 26 (RFA), McKenzie 24, Howe 24, Gawn 23, Fitzpatrick 23, Toumpas 21, Pedersen 28, Hunt 19, Cross 32, Bail 26, Riley 23, Harmes ® 19, King ® 19, White ® 18

Obtained from rpfc, 2015 contracts thread.

-------------------------------------------------------

DELISTINGS:

- Jamar : Gawn has become the #1 ruckman.

- McKenzie : I've never really been a fan, nice bloke but not AFL standard.

- Hunt : He was a wild selection on draft night and unfortunely hindered by few times by injuries, although I feel he's had his chance and the list must continue to turn over.

- Bail : Similar to McKenzie, tries his heart out, good bloke, but not AFL standard.

TRADE:

- Howe : I would prefer to re-sign him, but if the rumours are true based on his asking price of $600k+ I would rather see that put towards poaching a gun midfieder (Dangerfield, Treloar, T.Mitchell, all gettible but hard).

- Fitzpatrick : I said it a few years ago when he was re-signed, he should of been traded then while showing AFL form (Carlton were a suiter). Either way he'll be traded if he's of any value, but most likely delisted as I don't see him cracking our already tall line up.

- Toumpas : He's improved yes, but unfortunitely for me I can't warm to him. For everything good he does, he's often a liability. I don't want to verbally [type] bash him, but I'll happily see him traded if the price is right.

RE-SIGN:

- Cross : I think he's proved his worth for another 1 year contract. I can't name anyone currently in the seconds who should play ahead of him and his training standards are brilliant, particularily for setting the benchmark for our young blokes.

- Garland : He's in his prime and I want to see him re-signed, I'm of the belief that he'll re-find that 2013 form, particularily if the team lifts as a whole.

UNKNOWN (these ones I can't figue out):

- Pedersen : We do have a lot of tall talent. I like Pedersen, I actually consider him on par with Dawes without "the name" or "over-rating". But don't know, potental re-signing or delist, probably on the cusp.

- Riley : Potentially re-sign, potentially delist, he'll be on that cusp depending on what happens surrounding trade week.

- Harmes : He's had his crack at the big time, but didn't crack it for me. One game isn't a good enough indication, I hope he's given a few more opportunies, but again don't know enought about him to really comment.

- King : Big men take longer, and I don't know how he's progressing in the secord nor his training standards.

- White : Similar to King for me, don't know enough about him. I'm often happy to see a rookie get their second year.

Could your reluctance to let Garland go, but trade Toumpas, be linked to sentimentality, mate? If Garland can't improve under Roos and harness the ability to attack off half back, then he never will, IMO. I'm leaning towards trading Col more so every week. I agree though, if the price was right with Toumpas.

The thing to ask regarding Toumpas is what type of player we've got and what are we happy with. I actually think the argument you've made for Col turning things around when the team rises, could be made for Jimmy too. Toumpas is a gut-running mid with nice disposal that currently shits himself occasionally, which results in a poor decision making.

Toumpas will grow into an important role player. Not necessarily who you want at pick 4, but if there aren't any better offers, I'm happy enough with Jimmy. He also shows a passion to improve. I like it.

Edited by AdamFarr
  • Like 2

Hope they sign up big Max soon . Taken a while to get him to the alter, but producing the goods now and is a very big unit. Apparently very popular around the club, has some aggression and just might turn into a protective leader IMO.

• Like 3